IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

4 hours ago, alcarp said:

Are shipping costs added to the $20? What about folks in the U.K. and Aus?

Shipping is included. In the UK and EU for that matter it might be best to purchase from http://www.vortexbox.co.uk/Sonore_microRendu_V25_-_In_stock/p317978_8336953.aspx I don't see the link, but can email him. 

@vortecjr

Ordered two! Via Andrew and your SGC email/link. For the two microRendu's: Black and Silver. Do the SD cards color match??? (..... kidding)

A thought...if ordering more than one in one order, perhaps an accommodation for the savings in shipping (I'm assuming you are not shipping individual units separately) and for the demonstrated loyalty (those that have more than one unit).

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Cyrus said:

@vortecjr

Ordered two! Via Andrew and your SGC email/link. For the two microRendu's: Black and Silver. Do the SD cards color match??? (..... kidding)

A thought...if ordering more than one in one order, perhaps an accommodation for the savings in shipping (I'm assuming you are not shipping individual units separately) and for the demonstrated loyalty (those that have more than one unit).

Thanks.

It's hard to sort out why people are buying more than one card. Some are doing it because they have more than one unit, some because they want spares, and some are just buying them from friends. At some point we might be able to sort it out, but it's not planned for right now.  

49 minutes ago, cat6man said:

i've just been catching up on this topic, and just completed my pre-order, but have to say i'm truly amazed at the level of complaining for something that is 3% of the original product price, is optional and is backed up by great responsive technical support.  perspective please people.................

Exactly.  And the $20 is really just the cost of the SD card + shipping / labor - they are not trying to gouge anyone, just recover their costs.

Once the decision was made not to make this available as an image for download, the $20 is inevitable - they can't do it for free!

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

57 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

Exactly.  And the $20 is really just the cost of the SD card + shipping / labor - they are not trying to gouge anyone, just recover their costs.

Once the decision was made not to make this available as an image for download, the $20 is inevitable - they can't do it for free!

Seems silly to me... I can't buy a piece of audiophile level software for less than $100 and no one guarantees perpetual upgrades. I think I have more unused purchased audiophile software from the last 3 years  than the cost of a new microrendu.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 4/27/2017 at 11:48 PM, vortecjr said:

This is a new operating system made to take advantage of a feature that was to available until a month or two ago. Updating this operating system has already allowed to add a new output mode and will serve as a stable platform for future updates of all the apps on the unit.   

Do you provide some more information on the changes? What version numbers and benefits for the additional or already existing "output modes". I didn't find anything on sonore.us 

30 minutes ago, davide256 said:

agree... Revision notes would be helpful. It's also good marketing

What I find interesting is that it's rare to see reports of changing sound quality after applying updates to the microRendu.  Such reports are common amongst other platforms (see the Auralic Aries thread for example).  I've wondered if maybe some of the reports for the other platforms are triggered by the release notes themselves setting an expectation bias.  Might Sonore's stealthy approach about what's changing be why we aren't seeing these same kinds of posts for the microRendu?  Of course it could be that the Sonicorbiter 2.3 platform has been more stable throughout its time on the microRendu.  

Having said that, I do anticipate seeing reports of SQ differences once 2.5 arrives, but then expect the noise to again trickle down through 2.5's lifetime.  Unless Sonore begins to publish release notes.  :-)

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

11 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

What I find interesting is that it's rare to see reports of changing sound quality after applying updates to the microRendu.  Such reports are common amongst other platforms (see the Auralic Aries thread for example).  I've wondered if maybe some of the reports for the other platforms are triggered by the release notes themselves setting an expectation bias.  Might Sonore's stealthy approach about what's changing be why we aren't seeing these same kinds of posts for the microRendu?  Of course it could be that the Sonicorbiter 2.3 platform has been more stable throughout its time on the microRendu.  

Having said that, I do anticipate seeing reports of SQ differences once 2.5 arrives, but then expect the noise to again trickle down through 2.5's lifetime.  Unless Sonore begins to publish release notes.  :-)

I don't think that's the underlying reason. Sonore makes good products and is active in support. They just don't have the market maturity yet to realize showing where you have been is important to selling where you are. Hopefully growth will bring in a stronger marketing presence for selling their story

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hi, I have 2 questions:

1) Can anyone give any experience of the actual/expected sound quality difference between the Microrendu vs the ISO Regen with a small dedicated computer (mac mini/nuc).

2) I understand that the microrendu can not auto switch between modes between say Spotify Connect and Roon but must be controlled via the web interface. Can anybody tell me how long the switchover takes? Is it more or less immediate or does it 'restart' the unit? Has anybody done anything neat to remotely switch the mode? eg universal remote/IR controller/ iphone app?

Thanks, Tom

On 4/30/2017 at 3:38 PM, kennyb123 said:

Following quote is from today's Upstream Audio email.  I think it meant to say higher resolution sound.  Upstream is Adrian Lebena, Jesus et al.

SONORE firmware V2.5 is now available for the micro Rendu and it’s amazing!  This firmware provide new applications, yields even higher resolute sound and now it’s a clean pass through for pure DSD DACs.  Be on watch this summer for a host of new products from SONORE. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, tommytastic said:

Hi, I have 2 questions:

1) Can anyone give any experience of the actual/expected sound quality difference between the Microrendu vs the ISO Regen with a small dedicated computer (mac mini/nuc).

2) I understand that the microrendu can not auto switch between modes between say Spotify Connect and Roon but must be controlled via the web interface. Can anybody tell me how long the switchover takes? Is it more or less immediate or does it 'restart' the unit? Has anybody done anything neat to remotely switch the mode? eg universal remote/IR controller/ iphone app?

Thanks, Tom

The change over just takes a few seconds. All you need to do is save the App Switcher page on your browser for easy access. 

3 hours ago, rickca said:

Following quote is from today's Upstream Audio email.  I think it meant to say higher resolution sound.  Upstream is Adrian Lebena, Jesus et al.

SONORE firmware V2.5 is now available for the micro Rendu and it’s amazing!  This firmware provide new applications, yields even higher resolute sound and now it’s a clean pass through for pure DSD DACs.  Be on watch this summer for a host of new products from SONORE. 

Upstream Audio is really Michael's company. We are justing helping him out because he is an old buddy of ours. Adrian has been trying Sonicorbiter 2.5 and he gave it two thumbs up. We have some other feedback already, but there will be plenty of time for that in the coming days.    

Didn't I read earlier that the cards were to be shipped out yesterday?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

John Darko at Digital Audio Review (DAR) wrote a mini article on Sonicorbiter 2.5. The article is titled, "Sonore microRendu software update adds Spotify Connect" and can be found here: 

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/05/we-all-want-the-same-things-so-reckons-the-hold-steady-frontman-craig-finn-his-songs-document-interpersonal-relationships-not-those-which-exist-between-man-and-audio-machinery-do-audioph/#comment-143288