IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

REALLY looking forward to seeing Tori Amos tonight, at a absolutely wonderful venue, the Michigan Theater, in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I've been a huge fan of hers for thirty years, since her Little Earthquakes album appeared and blew so many people away. Getting to see her in such a superb acoustical venue should be stunning! 

JC

Jack White in Portland, OR on June 6th. The venue (Moda Center) is not great but I like Fear of the Dawn, can’t wait for his second release this year and hoping to hear it live first!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

1 hour ago, TubeLover said:

REALLY looking forward to seeing Tori Amos tonight, at a absolutely wonderful venue, the Michigan Theater, in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I've been a huge fan of hers for thirty years, since her Little Earthquakes album appeared and blew so many people away. Getting to see her in such a superb acoustical venue should be stunning! 

Cool! Enjoy.

Is she bringing her Bösendorfer? I know she really likes to bang it out on one. x-D

Cecile McLoran Salvant June 3rd at the Chicago Symphony Center. Saw her once before and it was, how shall I say, a religious experience. Looking forward to next week.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

17 hours ago, TubeLover said:

JC

My sister flew in (to Chicago) from New York to see her.  She missed her out in NY due to covid.

15 hours ago, botrytis said:

Cecile McLoran Salvant June 3rd at the Chicago Symphony Center. Saw her once before and it was, how shall I say, a religious experience. Looking forward to next week.

Chicago resident as well?  I get to the CSO several times a year.  Took my daughter to see Yuja Wang there in Feb.  I think we've seen Yuja 4 times now.  Amazing performance, always.  Not to mention she's stunning.

Going to the Chicago Theatre tonight to see Ray LaMontagne.

Going to see Robert Plant and Allison Krauss next week

Saw Wilco for their YHF shows in April.

Saw Bob Weir & the Wolf Bros anniversary of Ace show at Radio City in NY.  If anyone isn't familiar with Bob's band, he has Don Was as his bassist, Barry Sless on pedal steel,  a brass & string section with Brian Switzer on trumpet, Adam Theis on tenor trombone, Sheldon Brown on tenor and alto saxophone, clarinet, bass clarinet, flute and bass flute, Mads Tolling on violin, and Alex Kelly on cello.  Just amazing.

Saw Jorma Kaukonen at the Old Town School of Folk Music in March.

So nice to be seeing live music again.

1 hour ago, Johnseye said:

Chicago resident as well?  I get to the CSO several times a year.  Took my daughter to see Yuja Wang there in Feb.  I think we've seen Yuja 4 times now.  Amazing performance, always.  Not to mention she's stunning.

Going to the Chicago Theatre tonight to see Ray LaMontagne.

Going to see Robert Plant and Allison Krauss next week

Saw Wilco for their YHF shows in April.

Saw Bob Weir & the Wolf Bros anniversary of Ace show at Radio City in NY.  If anyone isn't familiar with Bob's band, he has Don Was as his bassist, Barry Sless on pedal steel,  a brass & string section with Brian Switzer on trumpet, Adam Theis on tenor trombone, Sheldon Brown on tenor and alto saxophone, clarinet, bass clarinet, flute and bass flute, Mads Tolling on violin, and Alex Kelly on cello.  Just amazing.

Saw Jorma Kaukonen at the Old Town School of Folk Music in March.

So nice to be seeing live music again.

Near Chicago - live near the dizzy center of Chicago (off of I-94N) 😁

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

• 4 weeks later...

I was unexpectedly gifted with a ticket to see Steely Dan the other evening. It was a rare, beautiful, 70 degree night, with low humidity and nary a cloud. The concert was absolutely outstanding. Donald Becker can still get it done, and he has assembled an absolutely brilliant band. Ten musicians and three backup singers. The performance as so tight, it would have held up as a studio recording. The guy next to me, who had previously identified himself as a lifetime Steely Dan fan,  turned and said, after after one of Steely Dan's classics, did I just hear what I heard, and I said, simply, "yes, it was incredible".  

• 1 month later...

How about going to Blues Brother's Con at the Joliet Penn.

Dan Ackroyd and Jim Belushi were present.

20220819_214620.jpg

20220819_214625.jpg

20220819_215513.jpg

20220819_215536.jpg

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

This Friday, seeing the Jazz Is Dead "revue" (ADRIAN YOUNGE, ALI SHAHEED MUHAMMAD, BRIAN JACKSON, DOUG CARN, HENRY “THE SKIPPER” FRANKLIN, KATALYST). Will be great to see Mr. Younge and Ali Shaheed again, with architects of 70s and 80s Black jazz brought forward by the JID series. Mississippi Studios is one of the best venues here in PDX, who record, highlight, and nurture musicians. If you all don't know Adrian Younge, as audiophiles you will be interested in his recording techniques. This tour looks like it is West Coast only, so if you're on this side, hope to see you there honoring these legends.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Bob Weir and Wolf Brothers

EtherRegen powered by Farad LPS (Afterdark Geismann Clock)-> Cisco AOC fiber ->OpticalRendu Deluxe powered by Uptone Audio LPS -> Ghent silver plated, star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to Synergistic Research Powercell SX conditioner

8 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

Great taste in music. Are you going to Mexico in Jan and the Warfield for Bobby's bday? 

Well thats always nice to hear! 

I will be in Mexico for Dead and Company. Wouldn't miss these shows for the world.

I will be seeing Bobby at the Greek in LA and in San Diego.

How about you Johnseye?

EtherRegen powered by Farad LPS (Afterdark Geismann Clock)-> Cisco AOC fiber ->OpticalRendu Deluxe powered by Uptone Audio LPS -> Ghent silver plated, star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to Synergistic Research Powercell SX conditioner

Going to see Los Lobos in December at the City Winery in Chicago.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...