IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

I have RoonServer on my main "hardcore" PC and either use Bridge with my CAPS. I have also tried it with my microrendu.
Just wondering as I have not found Roon sounding that bad. Maybe not the ultimate, but so far I have been satisfied. I am using a linear supply Pi2, I2s to a Digi+ SPDIF output as an endpoint. I also run a fiber network and a linear / Pico supply Xeon server running Server 2012r2 and Audiophile Optimizer. Convenience and features vs ultimate sound quality will always be a bit of a trade-off.

Regards

Bob

Just wondering as I have not found Roon sounding that bad. Maybe not the ultimate, but so far I have been satisfied. I am using a linear supply Pi2, I2s to a Digi+ SPDIF output as an endpoint. I also run a fiber network and a linear / Pico supply Xeon server running Server 2012r2 and Audiophile Optimizer. Convenience and features vs ultimate sound quality will always be a bit of a trade-off.

Regards

Bob

Bob

By no means did I mean to imply "bad" it's just in comparison to JRiver or HQPlayer as I currently have in my setup. I should have been more thorough. Sorry about that. With few exceptions Roon is the best front end; still waiting for filters by resolution and an "asset" button like in JRiver to view album inserts (PDF).

Plus I am waiting for an update to the uRendu for optimum playback with my Quad USB card on my MSB Diamond V. I am currently waiting for a new replacement quad USB input for my newly updated DAC as I am having some driver issues which they think may be the result of an old or bad generation of quad USB input. I will know on Wednesday when the replacement arrives and I can play Roon through the uRendu (hopefully) even if DoP.

However with my Diamond Plus IV I must say I found JRiver via my CAPs better. BUT I remain open minded and I want nothing more than a Roon-->uRendu to match what I am getting now.

Coming off comparing to the T&A DAC 8 which is excellent the MSB is so good in my system it's hard to change my "optimal" settings BUT I remain open.

Howie

Bob

By no means did I mean to imply "bad" it's just in comparison to JRiver or HQPlayer as I currently have in my setup. I should have been more thorough. Sorry about that. With few exceptions Roon is the best front end; still waiting for filters by resolution and an "asset" button like in JRiver to view album inserts (PDF).

Plus I am waiting for an update to the uRendu for optimum playback with my Quad USB card on my MSB Diamond V. I am currently waiting for a new replacement quad USB input for my newly updated DAC as I am having some driver issues which they think may be the result of an old or bad generation of quad USB input. I will know on Wednesday when the replacement arrives and I can play Roon through the uRendu (hopefully) even if DoP.

However with my Diamond Plus IV I must say I found JRiver via my CAPs better. BUT I remain open minded and I want nothing more than a Roon-->uRendu to match what I am getting now.

Coming off comparing to the T&A DAC 8 which is excellent the MSB is so good in my system it's hard to change my "optimal" settings BUT I remain open.

Howie

What PS are you using? BTW you won't have to wait to long for the native DSD update...it should available this week.

Regards

Bob

What SPDIF converter are you using? Did you find it made a difference in the SQ over the USB?

Thanks

What PS are you using? BTW you won't have to wait to long for the native DSD update...it should available this week.

Native DSD as in mR? Or Roon?

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Vinyl Rig: Sansui SR-2050C > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

Office Rig: Roon > mac mini > iDSD BL > HD800S / Viso HP50 / Marshall Major II

Native DSD as in mR? Or Roon?

He is referring to an upcoming update to MSB dacs that enable them to do native DSD with Linux machines (ie. mR).

BTW: any news on Amenero Combo384 Module updates?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Looking forward to it.

Right now I am using the iFi PS. However, I have a dual rail Kaia that I will use (right now set up at 5v and 12v which I now use for my CAPS) or I will get a new Uptone LPS-1 when released.

As to the MSB I am looking forward to it. I too hope the ID's are the same.

Here is a photo of my microRendu stand. Made from a cell phone mount and piece of marble. The only contact is the foam at top and bottom. Provides optimum angle for cooling. Shown with WireWorld Starlight USB and recommended BlueJeans Cable cat 6A Ethernet cable.

SAM_2687.JPG

2 channel : full Innuos suite / Black Cat USB cables / Kii Three BXT

Desktop : Innuos PulseMINI / Roon ROCK / SaBaj A20d amp-DAC / DCA E3 headphones

Here is a photo of my microRendu stand. Made from a cell phone mount and piece of marble. The only contact is the foam at top and bottom. Provides optimum angle for cooling. Shown with WireWorld Starlight USB and recommended BlueJeans Cable cat 6A Ethernet cable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28911[/ATTACH]

Fabulous stand. Please post more pics of the elements that make up the stand.

Cat 6 is actually recommended by BJC

That came from a recent statement from Sonore's vortecjr:

"I'm not sure is the AQ Ethernet cables tie the shields at both ends. Doing so could also defeat the galvanic isolation of the connected components. We typically recommend BlueJean cat 6a Ethernet cables."

I tried the cat 6A on other parts of my system with very good SQ results. I have not tried the cat6 but will give it a go also.

Fabulous stand. Please post more pics of the elements that make up the stand.

Here is a photo of the backside.

The cellphone stands usually come with a tripod that screws off. The base is a 2" X 3" marble slab made for trophies and comes with the recessed hole in the bottom form attaching a 1/4 - 20 nut and bolt that screws into the phone holder. You can buy both on eBay for about $10. This stand also works well with the Uptone USB Regen.

SAM_2691.JPG

That came from a recent statement from Sonore's vortecjr:

"I'm not sure is the AQ Ethernet cables tie the shields at both ends. Doing so could also defeat the galvanic isolation of the connected components. We typically recommend BlueJean cat 6a Ethernet cables."

I tried the cat 6A on other parts of my system with very good SQ results. I have not tried the cat6 but will give it a go also.

See http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-microrendu-27389/index56.html#post538228

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

That contradicts their website. The website has the cat 6 rated for 250 MHz and the cat 6a rated for 500 MHz. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue the point.

I have purchased a Sonore Power Supply for my microRendu. A Cardas M power cable is recommended, but I would like to find a lower cost alternatives.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sonore vp Adrian told me 14 AWG is the sweet spot so you could look at the Cardas Parsec

I had a 14 AWG Opus-F from The Missing Link laying around so am using this with my SPS

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

Looking forward to it.

Right now I am using the iFi PS. However, I have a dual rail Kaia that I will use (right now set up at 5v and 12v which I now use for my CAPS) or I will get a new Uptone LPS-1 when released.

As to the MSB I am looking forward to it. I too hope the ID's are the same.

There is room for improvement on the PS side of things, but your Kaia is not within spec. The Uptone LPS-1 should be out soon.

He is referring to an upcoming update to MSB dacs that enable them to do native DSD with Linux machines (ie. mR).

BTW: any news on Amenero Combo384 Module updates?

The USB IDs came from a MSB Analog DAC, but they "should" be the same for the other USB models. If not we will have to update the Kernel again. No news to report on the Amenero Combo384 Module.