IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Even minimserver can be by-passed right? Just have BubbeUPnP Android app operating the uRendu in DLNA mode directly? The Android app sees the uRendu as a renderer and you can browse the NAS library from the Android app?

I don't know about the QNAP NAS. The Synology NAS I use comes with a DLNA media server that works with BubbleUPnP and the microRendu. Minimserver is more functional (transcoding, more control on how the library shows up in BubbleUPnP).

I don't know about the QNAP NAS. The Synology NAS I use comes with a DLNA media server that works with BubbleUPnP and the microRendu. Minimserver is more functional (transcoding, more control on how the library shows up in BubbleUPnP).

Yep the QNAP is the same. minimserver is quite handy. I just need to tweak it a bit more.

He was referring to DACs that convert DSD to PCM because they are R2R ladder DACs. BTW the PS Audio DS converters native DSD to DoP (which is PCM) and then re-samples it back to some very high DSD rate.

Jesus, isn't this a bit misleading?

DoP is "regular" DSD in a PCM "shell" - AFAIK the DSD data isn't "converted" to PCM at all, and once the USB receiver accepts the stream, the DAC deals with it exactly asi it would with non-DoP DSD. That's why many DAC manufacturers consider DoP to be "native" playback of DSD, as the actual form of the DSD data isn't changed.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The USB 1.0 on mytek 192 does not work neither. The DAC locked and play as it would on USB 1.0. But no sound output from the DAC. Can I return back to 2.2 so at least I can listen.

No. Go to Settings / "the output mode you use" and select it and then press Save. Rem 1.0 is limited to 24/96.

Jesus, isn't this a bit misleading?

DoP is "regular" DSD in a PCM "shell" - AFAIK the DSD data isn't "converted" to PCM at all, and once the USB receiver accepts the stream, the DAC deals with it exactly asi it would with non-DoP DSD. That's why many DAC manufacturers consider DoP to be "native" playback of DSD, as the actual form of the DSD data isn't changed.

When you convert native DSD to DoP it is PCM. The resulting DoP file does contain all the original DSD information along with some new information, but it is PCM at that point in time. Anyway, my point was that strange things can happen inside a DAC.

Even minimserver can be by-passed right? Just have BubbeUPnP Android app operating the uRendu in DLNA mode directly? The Android app sees the uRendu as a renderer and you can browse the NAS library from the Android app?

I know that the server can certainly be bypassed for streaming cloud services like Tidal - it's pretty frickin sweet I have to say. You can stream Tidal direct from your Android phone/tablet to the mRendu - it's like lossless Bluetooth! (with an Ethernet cable on the mRendu of course).

When people mention using Lumin wit Minimserver in the Dlna mode, are they talking about the Lumin hardware and/or the software. I don't have the hardware but downloaded the app for iPad. I'm not able to play a song, it says error: please select a Lumin. Anybody gotten this message? Thanks.

There is a mismatch on one file for it's driver. I have isolated the issue and we just need to rebuild the driver and test things. It's going to take a little while longer. Please use the USB 1.0 input in the mean time.

Well, I'm pleased to have read about this issue. I thought my Mytek was fubar. (I've switched over to a direct FireWire connection until the issue is resolved.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Lumin control is looking for a renderer that supports Openhome protocol, an extension of DLNA from Linn. Run BubbleUPNP server where you run mimimServer to implement Openhome for the renderer.

or on the uRendu, since it's there too. Just make sure you create an OH version of uRendu; just running BubbleServer is not enough. The instructions are on this and other threads numerous times. It's under the media remderer tab in the BubbleServer setup.

If you updated this weekend and have an issue with a Mytek DAC (stereo 192/DSD and Manhattan) email me at [email protected].

At least with the Brookyn and the Manhattan II they are now using a different USB input and driver, and issues with the older HW and drivers apparently are solved.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

At least with the Brookyn and the Manhattan II they are now using a different USB input and driver, and issues with the older HW and drivers apparently are solved.

Are there two versions of the Manhattan DAC? I only see one firmware file which suggests to me they only have one version.

I started a new thread called 'Sonore microRendu Ethernet Cables Observations Considerations and Commentary' and moved a few posts into to kick start things:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-microrendu-ethernet-cables-observations-considerations-and-commentary-29842/

Are there two versions of the Manhattan DAC? I only see one firmware file which suggests to me they only have one version.

There is a Manhattan II coming out which drops FW and uses the same USB as the Brooklyn.

Interestingly, when I do a network scan (with fing) it fills the microrendu hardware manufacturer in as 'SolidRun'.

Ah, ok, I see why this is now. The rendu uses solid run's imx6 SOM module.

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

New mR user here. I'm fact, I only got mine yesterday, with the SonicTransport i5. I suppose I'm one of those who fell into the trap that when listening through Roon, my DAVE, and HD800s, the presentation was bright af. Agonizing. I've since read that working the system for about 100hrs should cure that. Yeah?

I suppose there's always the option of going with the upcoming Uptone linear. Do we even know when that's coming out?

Anyway, my point? I guess welcome me to the mR crew. :)

SonicTransporter i5 -> Linn KDS/3 -> M3a-800S -> EgglestonWorks Andra II

What kind of USB cable are you running between mRendu and your Dac? Apparently it should very short if you want the low end to come through fully (ideally the hard adapter is best I guess, but I use a very short 7 inch Curious USB cable myself.)

I'm using the hard adapter. I like the idea of that very short run. I know some people who have used some high-end cables there, and the results are highly debatable.

Welcome to µR world! DAVE + µR—that's a killer setup. I also think some burn in and something like a Curious USB interconnect might help (detailed but not bright). Failing that, perhaps it's the HD800s? I really wonder what Focal Utopias would sound like in that setup...

All I want for Xmas is a DAVE!

Welcome to µR world! DAVE + µR—that's a killer setup. I also think some burn in and something like a Curious USB interconnect might help (detailed but not bright). Failing that, perhaps it's the HD800s? I really wonder what Focal Utopias would sound like in that setup...

All I want for Xmas is a DAVE!

Thanks! Well, I've never thought the HD800s sounded bright in any system - hearings scores of systems with them - but who knows. I'm on a list to demo the FUs, as well as the Nighthawks.

One thing, though, and I don't know if it's a coincidence, I had my rig setup with a computer and the iUSB 3.0, powered by the iPower, and the sound was bright, so I took it out of the chain and it really toned down. Well, the mR is powered by the iPower, too, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with all of this brightness.