IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

While waiting for LPS-1, may I use MCRU 7.5V/2.5A power supply to uR? I have uR for around 1 month but still have no chance to use. I suppose LPS-1 will release faster than I expected. After LPS1 release, I can use that power unit on LPS1

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Yes, that will work fine

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

We are just working on routine stuff. I'll leave it up to you to update or not.

Jesus

How do you expect me to arrive at a decision whether to update my uRendu or not in the absence of any information as to whether the process will yield practical benefit? As I see it from here, the possible scenarios are: (a) "the changes we have made are bug fixes/functional enhancements but nothing we have done affects the sound quality of the uRendu"; or (b) "we have made some changes but we're not sure if they affect the sound quality or not"; or © "yes, the changes we have made will affect the sound quality (for better or worse) but we will leave it up to you as to whether to update or not".

Are there any other possibilities?

You guys make the changes to your software and presumably you perform regression tests. So you should be able to give me a straightforward answer (a), (b) or © please. I'm sure I'm not the only customer wanting to know whether we should upgrade software or not and under what circumstances.

Nikko

Jesus

How do you expect me to arrive at a decision whether to update my uRendu or not in the absence of any information as to whether the process will yield practical benefit? As I see it from here, the possible scenarios are: (a) "the changes we have made are bug fixes/functional enhancements but nothing we have done affects the sound quality of the uRendu"; or (b) "we have made some changes but we're not sure if they affect the sound quality or not"; or © "yes, the changes we have made will affect the sound quality (for better or worse) but we will leave it up to you as to whether to update or not".

Are there any other possibilities?

You guys make the changes to your software and presumably you perform regression tests. So you should be able to give me a straightforward answer (a), (b) or © please. I'm sure I'm not the only customer wanting to know whether we should upgrade software or not and under what circumstances.

Nikko

Sound quality wise this is a complex question so I generally do not get into it. I know there are companies that do this, but it's not my style. The goal here is to provide a stable platform for you to enjoy your music. This involves routine maintenace and includes from time to time new features.

Well boy o boy I had a heck of a time getting my new Microrendu working...couldn't figure out for the life of me what I was doing wrong - everything was new to me so could have been anything - new Powerline network adapters, newly installed Foobar2000 and/or JRiver (never used either before), DLNA setup, BubbleUPNP setup, the Microrendu itself...everything seems to be working and recognized on the network, but hit "Play" in Jriver or Foobar and time on the track would not move...then like 10 seconds later, the software would stop playing (pause button would turn back to play).

In the end, I had a hunch that maybe my DAC was the issue - I have a Peachtree Nova65se Integrated Amp with integrated USB DAC (ESS Sabre 9023 maybe???). I just so happened to also have my old Peachtree Nova (original) with older USB DAC (ESS 9006 maybe?) and IT FINALLY WORKED (like 2 days later)!!!

Problem is, I plan to sell that older amp - so is there any known issues with the latest Nova65se USB DAC, and/or any possible solutions to this? I don't see this DAC or anything similar listed on the Microrendu "known issues" page...

Thanks

Rick

I just received my Resonessence Veritas Dac and the uR recognizes it without issue but I cannot for the life of me get audio when selecting anything in DSD. I have DoP selected (the Dac supports up to DSD128), the track loads and plays but no audio. I have tried both RoonReady and HQPlayer and nothing - well I get static in HQP but that is it. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I just received my Resonessence Veritas Dac and the uR recognizes it without issue but I cannot for the life of me get audio when selecting anything in DSD. I have DoP selected (the Dac supports up to DSD128), the track loads and plays but no audio. I have tried both RoonReady and HQPlayer and nothing - well I get static in HQP but that is it. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Have a look at this: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-roonready-output-mode-27270/#post560911

Sound quality wise this is a complex question so I generally do not get into it. I know there are companies that do this, but it's not my style. The goal here is to provide a stable platform for you to enjoy your music. This involves routine maintenace and includes from time to time new features.

Maybe I'm missing something. Isn't your reply a bit like, as an analogy, Ferrari saying that they've made some changes to their engine management software but they have no idea if the car will go any faster or not as a result?

Your whole product is about delivering industry-leading SQ just as much as Ferrari are about providing top performance and handling. If your software updates are intended to be consumed by your customers solely to add features and/or stability, then why not say so? Personally, I think it's a perfectly OK statement to make. If you did so, since my unit delivers perfectly good sound and is stable, then I will not need to update its software. If your software changes at some future point deliver some improved SQ, then why would you not tell your customers and allow them to benefit by updating the software? And if that never comes about, who cares? But you're not saying one way or the other and your refusal to engage on this topic is illogical.

Nikko1960, it might be more productive to upgrade the software in your mRendu and post your opinion here whether you hear an improvement in SQ.....

Except that @vortecjr has stated that there's no way to backtrack to an earlier software version, so that test is irreversible. OTOH, I've updated my microRendu regularly since I got it soon after launch, and I've not heard any SQ changes. But then I've used just a few of its capabilities: DLNA/MPD and Roon, both only with PCM.

Nikko1960, it might be more productive to upgrade the software in your mRendu and post your opinion here whether you hear an improvement in SQ.....

With the greatest of respect, that's not my job. Having worked in the software products business for three decades, I have learned the hard way that one should never change software releases without a well understood reason for doing so.

Furthermore, any *mature* products business will always publish release notes against each software release that states what's changed and what problems are known within the release. People are then informed as to whether to use the release or not.

Hi can I have a coupon as well? I bought urendu 1 month ago.

Also, I am pretty puzzled. I originally use jriver and dlna as endpoint to stream, it sounded very good with good depth. But once I switch to Roon RAAT, it sound fuller, but its because everything seems flatten, much less depth in this Mode. Do you think what I heard is normal characteristic of RAAT?

My eqpt as follows : pc -> switch -> urendu -> Chord dave -> Karan KAS600 -> ASI tango speaker.

The best I can do is send you another coupon if you order another Sonore product from us:)

Speaker system:
RPI4B + Gentooplayer CLTO kernal + LMS (upnp plug-in) -> RPI5B + UPNP + Diretta host -> RPI5B + Gentooplayer CLTO kernal + Diretta Target -> Tubulus Concentus USB Cable -> Holo Red DDC -> Tubulus Concentus i2s Cable V2 -> Holo May KTE I2S -> DIY silver wire balance -> Holo Bliss KTE -> Ansuz Diamond balance -> BAT Rex 500 -> ASI Ref speaker cable -> ASI Tango
HP:
HD600 moded, HE1000v1, airpod pro2, Sony WH-10000XM5

Did you use upsampling when running jriver and dlna?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

nope, I don't use any DSP and process at all, pass natively all the time.

Speaker system:
RPI4B + Gentooplayer CLTO kernal + LMS (upnp plug-in) -> RPI5B + UPNP + Diretta host -> RPI5B + Gentooplayer CLTO kernal + Diretta Target -> Tubulus Concentus USB Cable -> Holo Red DDC -> Tubulus Concentus i2s Cable V2 -> Holo May KTE I2S -> DIY silver wire balance -> Holo Bliss KTE -> Ansuz Diamond balance -> BAT Rex 500 -> ASI Ref speaker cable -> ASI Tango
HP:
HD600 moded, HE1000v1, airpod pro2, Sony WH-10000XM5

I don't have that issue.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi can I have a coupon as well? I bought urendu 1 month ago.

Also, I am pretty puzzled. I originally use jriver and dlna as endpoint to stream, it sounded very good with good depth. But once I switch to Roon RAAT, it sound fuller, but its because everything seems flatten, much less depth in this Mode. Do you think what I heard is normal characteristic of RAAT?

My eqpt as follows : pc -> switch -> urendu -> Chord dave -> Karan KAS600 -> ASI tango speaker.

Just email me for the coupon. I think they both sound great, but there are people who prefer one or the other for various reasons.

Microrendu shipped from USA and delivered in UAE in less than 3 days!!! That's a record, and a massive change compared to the typical 3 weeks USPS would take! 2 weeks before I come back from holidays and can finally enjoy this wonder :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synology 1515+ --> micro rendu 1.3/LPS-1 --> Singxer KTE SU-1 --> I2S --> Holo Spring DAC KTE Level3 --> WA5 --> Focal Utopia, Mr Speaker Ether Flow C, ZMF Eikon

Hey Howie,

Listening the microRendu with HQPlayer set to DSD128 sounds better here than straight Roon with the Analog DAC.

I'm looking forward to DSD256 support.

ROON is IMHO the worst player. I like either Roon-->HQP ( with no upsampling or filters) or JRiver the best.

Roon as a player from an SQ standpoint doesn't cut it.