IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Hi,

I'm looking to replace the switchers on my microRendu and Chord 2Qute DAC.

Both require 1A but is there any benefit in going for a 2A + liners whilst I'm making the change?

Thanks

The amperage will not do anything for you. The linear PS is still worth a try though.

Look what my VP Adrian dropped off today as a surprise. Seems he had a little project going on that I didn't know about:)

Hard adapter replacement custom made for Sonore in the USA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28487[/ATTACH]

Great! Any possibility of a micro-USB version for connecting to a Chord Mojo?

Look what my VP Adrian dropped off today as a surprise. Seems he had a little project going on that I didn't know about:)

Hard adapter replacement custom made for Sonore in the USA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28487[/ATTACH]

Perfect! I wanted more flexibility and a little more distance than the provided hard adapter so made my own

IMG_4064.JPG

In the 4 weeks the microRendu has been in my system, I've been using a Chord-C USB as I had one spare.

However, following a number of very positive comments on other forums and the review on digitalaudioreview.net, I've plumed for a Curious Cables USB.

Mike at curious was extremely helpful and made me a bespoke 100mm version of the Regen Link which is a perfect straight link from the microRendu to my 2Qute. It arrived in the UK from Australia in 7 working days which is better than many UK retailers.

As for the sound, it has livened up to everything that has been claimed. More detail, smoother and the soundstage appears to have gained additional depth and scale.

For $120 shipped, it is something of a bargain in this world of ridiculously over priced cables and has taken the microRendu to another level. The next step is LPS's for the microRendu and 2Qute, so more to come.

Innuos Zenith SE (Roon Core) > Curious USB/Upton ISO REGEN +LPS-1/USPCB> Chord Hugo TT > ATC SCM 40A

In the 4 weeks the microRendu has been in my system, I've been using a Chord-C USB as I had one spare.

U

However, following a number of very positive comments on other forums and the review on digitalaudioreview.net, I've plumed for a Curious Cables USB.

Mike at curious was extremely helpful and made me a bespoke 100mm version of the Regen Link which is a perfect straight link from the microRendu to my 2Qute. It arrived in the UK from Australia in 7 working days which is better than many UK retailers.

As for the sound, it has livened up to everything that has been claimed. More detail, smoother and the soundstage appears to have gained additional depth and scale.

For $120 shipped, it is something of a bargain in this world of ridiculously over priced cables and has taken the microRendu to another level. The next step is LPS's for the microRendu and 2Qute, so more to come.

Make sure to swap the old USB cable in before the evaluation period is up, for an objective reminder.

A tip/request. A number of posts have discussed the desirability of an adaptor that incorporates a 90 twist that turns the uR on its side. John S. has recommended such a vertical orientation for heat dissipation reasons. Maybe it could be offered "straight" or with "a twist". ;)

Bump. Please pass the idea on to the V.P. I won't ask for a cut [emoji41]

Does the microRendu work with a Creative E-mu 0404 USB DAC?

That is one device that I would proceed with caution on. I can't remember anything specific, but something tells me that unit needs PC or Mac software for its control panel. I found an old Vortexbox list that says it's supported. It's a least worth a try.

That is one device that I would proceed with caution on. I can't remember anything specific, but something tells me that unit needs PC or Mac software for its control panel. I found an old Vortexbox list that says it's supported. It's a least worth a try.

Found here: Matrix:Vendor-Creative Labs - AlsaProject

that the card is "Fully supported by ALSA 1.0.23 and later." Is that good enough?

I am a relative new to the world of digital music. Currently I have a Mac Mini (fusion drive running operating system, and external hard drive holding my music files), PS Audio DAC and use Pure Music/Itunes. This system is on my main floor in my study.

I was impressed when I read the review of the MicroRendu. I was wondering how I could add the MicroRendu to my system. To that end I would appreciate your help and thoughts regarding the following questions:

- What is the easiest way to add the MircoRendu to my system in the study?

- I am setting up a theater in my basement and plan to have a second stereo system in the theater. I plan to use the Oppo BDP-105D player as my DAC. Until I read the review of the MircoRendu I was thinking on getting another Mac Mini using Pure Music for the theater. How can I set-up my system in the theater to use the MiroRendu? I an have ethernet cable run to the theater (is part of my home network). Would it be possible to hook the ethernet cable in theater to the MicroRendu and excess my music files on the hard drive in my study? If this is possible could I continue to use the current set-up in the study?

Thanks for your help as I learn about computer audio and how the MicroRendu can be used.

Taipan

FYI: Andre Marc of Audio Video Revolution posted a review of the microRendu today:

Sonore microRendu Ethernet to USB Streamer Review

Thanks Andre

I think he liked it :)

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)