IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Hi,

There's info on this on the Optical Networks thread. Several of us are using $12 Jameco LPSs, (wall wart style), and I've noticed a slight improvement over the stock, and the Ifi. Before investing in a $350+ unit, - you may want to consider the Jameco. The Jameco's are rated at 9v .5a, - but they work fine as a replacement.

Cheers,

I'm not sure what you are proposing to use the Jameco PS for, but it's not approved for use on the microRendu.

Hello - can anyone help?

I have just purchased a microRendu to use with my Chord Hugo DAC on one of my systems. I plan to use the microRendu with Linn Kazoo which I already use with a Linn Klimax Renew streamer in another system.

I have set up a Rendu OH (Open Home) room from which I can see both music on my Synology NAS (running MinimServer) and on Tidal (having installed BubbleUPnP Server). My problem is that although I can toggle between rooms and control the microRendu using Kazoo on my Windows 10 desktop (hard wired in the network), my Windows 10 Laptop (over WiFi) and on my Android phone (Samsung J5), I cannot get Kazoo to work with the microRendu using Kazoo on my iPad Air (running the latest version of IOS and the latest version of Kazoo).

Whenever I select an album or track to play using the microRendu on Kazoo on my iPad 9from my NAS or from Tidal), I almost always get the message "Failed to add tracks to the DS". Very occasionally, a track will load and play, but the Kazoo app then freezes and the only way to unfreeze it is to stop and start the app. I have tried completely deleting Kazoo from my iPad and reinstalling a couple of times, but the problem still remains.

Has anyone got the microRendu to work with Kazoo on an iPad, and does anyone have any idea why I can get it to work from Windows 10 and Android devices, but not from my iPad?

Any suggestions very welcome, because the iPad is the control device I want to use with the microRendu.

I have set up a Rendu OH (Open Home) room from which I can see both music on my Synology NAS (running MinimServer) and on Tidal (having installed BubbleUPnP Server).

Has anyone got the microRendu to work with Kazoo on an iPad, and does anyone have any idea why I can get it to work from Windows 10 and Android devices, but not from my iPad?

Any suggestions very welcome, because the iPad is the control device I want to use with the microRendu.

Yes, I have successfully used Kazoo on iPad to control library on my Synology NAS with mR. Do yo have Bubble UPnP Server running on the NAS as well as minimserver when you use Kazoo? Go to Diskstation and stop/restart both apps. If still a problem you might want a try Lumin app on the iPad instead and see if still an issue. FWIW, I prefer it to Kazoo anyway, mostly because my library is sorted on albumartist tag.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Hello - can anyone help?

I have just purchased a microRendu to use with my Chord Hugo DAC on one of my systems. I plan to use the microRendu with Linn Kazoo which I already use with a Linn Klimax Renew streamer in another system.

I have set up a Rendu OH (Open Home) room from which I can see both music on my Synology NAS (running MinimServer) and on Tidal (having installed BubbleUPnP Server). My problem is that although I can toggle between rooms and control the microRendu using Kazoo on my Windows 10 desktop (hard wired in the network), my Windows 10 Laptop (over WiFi) and on my Android phone (Samsung J5), I cannot get Kazoo to work with the microRendu using Kazoo on my iPad Air (running the latest version of IOS and the latest version of Kazoo).

Does the iPad Air have a cellular plan? If it does you need to turn on airplane mode and assure you are connected to the home network. You can also try re-installing the App.

Does the iPad Air have a cellular plan? If it does you need to turn on airplane mode and assure you are connected to the home network. You can also try re-installing the App.

Hi and thanks for the replies.

My iPad does not have a cellular plan, and I have tried re-installing the Kazoo app several times.

However, I have started from scratch again, and have created a new Open Home Renderer in BubbleUPnP. My Windows 10 PC and desktop instances along with the Android instance of Kazoo still work for both my local music on my NAS and with Tidal. However, things have changed on the iPad.

I can now play music from my NAS OK, but despite having installed BubbleUPnP, I now cannot get options to connect to Tidal or Qobuz at all. When I switch from my Klimax Renew 'Room' running Tidal to the microRendu 'Room', I now get the message:

"Tidal is not available"

"Your DS needs to be running Davaar 23 or later".

Strange that I can access Tidal from Kazoo on my Windows PCs and Android phone (and from the Klimax Renew on the iPad), but not from the microRendu using the iPad.

Any suggestions this time?

Thanks.

My iPad does not have a cellular plan, and I have tried re-installing the Kazoo app several times.

However, I have started from scratch again, and have created a new Open Home Renderer in BubbleUPnP. My Windows 10 PC and desktop instances along with the Android instance of Kazoo still work for both my local music on my NAS and with Tidal. However, things have changed on the iPad.

I can now play music from my NAS OK, but despite having installed BubbleUPnP, I now cannot get options to connect to Tidal or Qobuz at all. When I switch from my Klimax Renew 'Room' running Tidal to the microRendu 'Room', I now get the message:

"Tidal is not available"

Strange that I can access Tidal from Kazoo on my Windows PCs and Android phone (and from the Klimax Renew on the iPad), but not from the microRendu using the iPad.

Thanks.

Go to Apps / BubbleUPNP Server and press Restart Server from the Status tab.

Go to Apps / BubbleUPNP Server and press Restart Server from the Status tab.

Hi,

Thanks for this suggestion. I have tried this before, but have just restarted the BubbleUPnp server again. I don't know why, but on this occasion it has resolved the problem. I can now access both my NAS and Tidal from Kazoo on my iPad as well as from my Windows and Android devices.

Many thanks.

"Tidal is not available"

Thanks.

Some users have reported issues connecting to Tidal/Qobuz when BubbleUPnP Server is running on the microrendu. Bubbleguuum (author of BubbleUPnP server) suggested that this could have to do with the version of the Java runtime installed on the microrendu, which is less capable than the Oracle JRE. The workaround is to uninstall BubbleUPnP server from the microrendu, and run it instead on an external computer with Oracle JRE installed. I myself am using this solution on a Win10 PC with good success.
prem,

Yes, I just tried the microRendu with the Luxman DA-06 and pair works well. I am currently running Logitech Media Server. I have several dacs now and am evaluating my system and trying to decide what I may let go to simplify.

Hi Further,

Thanks so much for your reaction as to my inquiry. If you do mind, I would like to put some questions on you via private message.

Some users have reported issues connecting to Tidal/Qobuz when BubbleUPnP Server is running on the microrendu. Bubbleguuum (author of BubbleUPnP server) suggested that this could have to do with the version of the Java runtime installed on the microrendu, which is less capable than the Oracle JRE. The workaround is to uninstall BubbleUPnP server from the microrendu, and run it instead on an external computer with Oracle JRE installed. I myself am using this solution on a Win10 PC with good success.

Thanks for the suggestion, although I am not quite sure how practical this would be for me, or indeed how I would get the setup to work.

However, it is something I might have to investigate if Sonore don't do something to resolve the problem themselves. I reported in my last post (last night) that I was now able to get access to Tidal and Qobuz after restarting BubbleUPnP server on the microRendu. Well, this morning they are gone again, and restarting the BubbleUPnP server isn't resolving the problem today.

I still don't understand how I can get access to Tidal using Kazoo on my Windows 10 and Android devices but not using kazoo on my iPad. Does anyone have any idea of why this might be?

Thanks for the suggestion, although I am not quite sure how practical this would be for me, or indeed how I would get the setup to work.

However, it is something I might have to investigate if Sonore don't do something to resolve the problem themselves. I reported in my last post (last night) that I was now able to get access to Tidal and Qobuz after restarting BubbleUPnP server on the microRendu. Well, this morning they are gone again, and restarting the BubbleUPnP server isn't resolving the problem today.

I still don't understand how I can get access to Tidal using Kazoo on my Windows 10 and Android devices but not using kazoo on my iPad. Does anyone have any idea of why this might be?

@mackh have a look at my post #2056 and response in post #2057 where bubbleguuum offers a little more detail about the situation. This drove me completely nuts too. You can see I had the same experience as Andre Gosselin. I too would prefer to just run BubbleUPnP Server on the micro rendu, but I couldn't get IOS OpenHome control points to work with that configuration.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@mackh have a look at my post #2056 and response in post #2057 where bubbleguuum offers a little more detail about the situation. This drove me completely nuts too. You can see I had the same experience as Andre Gosselin. I too would prefer to just run BubbleUPnP Server on the micro rendu, but I couldn't get IOS OpenHome control points to work with that configuration.

Thanks Rickca,

I will consider this.

In the meantime, I have downloaded Lumin onto my iPad, and can access Tidal and Qobuz with it. I don't like Lumin as much as Kazoo, but at least it is now an option for me if I want to use my iPad as my control device.

Kazoo on Windows 10 is also OK, so my only problem now is with Kazoo on my iPad.

I used the 6V Sbooster for the first few months. It was a major upgrade compared to the PS that came with mR.

In anticipation of the coming Uptone LPS-1, I bought the 9V Sbooster to feed it. Running the mR directly from it was a further step up.

In general, Sboosters have become my first choice LPS over the past year.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

The issue in those posts had a different symptom. The symptom then was that Tidal and Qobuz were not available in BubbleUPNP Server as option to enable and as such did not work at all. Tidal and Qobuz are available in BubbleUPNP Server here and working with mosts of his apps, but not on iOS on his iPad.

The issue in those posts had a different symptom.

OK Jesus, you are right. I was trying to be helpful but I jumped the gun.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

The microRendu is based on a Cubox-i (https://www.solid-run.com/freescale-imx6-family/cubox-i/cubox-i-specifications/)

Depending on the model it needs 5V *max* 2-3A.

The microRendu needs minimum 1A according the the specs. At 2.5 AH that gives you 2-2.5 h listen time.

Interestingly, when I do a network scan (with fing) it fills the microrendu hardware manufacturer in as 'SolidRun'.

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

I'm new to this thread and am hoping this topic wasn't previously discussed - I'm running a Synology server to a W4S DAC-2 DSDse via a PC and would love to replace the PC with your uRendu. In order to play DSD files I need something to repackage the DSD into DoP containers in order to send them on to your product. W4S tells me new firmware is in the works that will run on the uRendu. Is this true and do you have a timeframe? Also, are there other options I have overlooked that could run on the Linux based Synology? If I didn't care about DSD, could I just connect the Synology to the uRendu and play my hires FLAC files? Sorry for all the questions :)

"Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die" J. Tull