IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Surprised no one has commented on this. But this is what seems to work (I stumbled over it). First I have a Vinnie Rossi DHT dac. Since it is a triode based device I need to turn it off when not listening. Up until now I have left hqp open. But if I shut down the DHT then HQP when not listening ... then when I am ready to listen I turn on the DHT, wait 30 seconds for the tube relays to kick in, then open HQP I don't lose network connectivity. This has worked 4 times in a row so hopefully this is a fix for me or others with a similar problem.

I commented on this somewhere. I've been using the µRendu since its release with the Vinnie Rossi LIO and power option with the LIO for the µRendu. I go through the same process of turning off/on and the µRendu has always been recognized after a minute.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I commented on this somewhere. I've been using the µRendu since its release with the Vinnie Rossi LIO and power option with the LIO for the µRendu. I go through the same process of turning off/on and the µRendu has always been recognized after a minute.

You mean the same process that I described above?

You mean the same process that I described above?

You said that you were surprised that nobody commented on this. My second LIO (DHT) will be configured differently than my AVC/Tubestage so I'm curious to see/hear how that works out.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I agree it would be nice to at least allow us to configure such an initial pause. One of my DACs (fed by a Sonicorbiter SE) loses the very beginning of the first track sometimes too, but not the other one (fed by a microRendu). I've been too lazy to try to diagnose this by swapping gear around (and the slight dropout is only occasional anyway).

I get the same initial track pause using Roon fed to DAC via microRendu, but also for other devices. So I can't pinpoint the cause.

Hope it is alright to ask an unrelated question.

Can anyone confirm that with uRendu it is possible to rewind/ff/skip parts within a track?

The question might seem odd, but a Marantz NA-11S1 is unable to do this (using minimserver on a Synology NAS and Bubble).

Getting a uRendu might serve two purposes as it would also sound better.

Can anyone confirm that with uRendu it is possible to rewind/ff/skip parts within a track?

The question might seem odd, but a Marantz NA-11S1 is unable to do this (using minimserver on a Synology NAS and Bubble).

I can confirm on my setup.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I get the same initial track pause using Roon fed to DAC via microRendu, but also for other devices. So I can't pinpoint the cause.

When I playback music after having an empty queue, I get an initial split second drop out, followed quickly by another. Only during the first few seconds of the first track. After that, everything works perfectly.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

No problem seeking/pausing within a track with the microrendu. This unit correctly implements all upnp functionalities presented by BubbleUPnP. Like you Marantz, my other renderer could not seek within a track with BubbleUPnP, and you had to use their own proprietary control point to do that (but then with a much less satisfactory user experience...). Switching to the mrendu nicely solved those problem.

We received an email from Jussi today and subsequently updated NAA on the microRendu.

Please follow this upgrade procedure:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

We received an email from Jussi today and subsequently updated NAA on the microRendu.

Please follow this upgrade procedure:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

Thanks Jesus and Jussi.

Update completed and system rebooted. Everything working as expected.

Worked quickly and flawlessly for me.

What is this update supposed to fix? I still think we need a change log to document fixes. I don't know when to update and I don't like to update without knowing the potential impact.

I do like to apply preventive maintenance that's been well tested, and of course I want to pick up any enhancements.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

+1 on the changelog.

Possibly, we also need a major/minor version bump, which always says 2.1. I fell into this yesterday and updated the uRendu thinking what improvements the NAA would bring to the table. After update, I don't get any sound from my dac, which was perfectly and happily playing before the update happened. I had to curse myself for updating :) However, Jesus response to the support and debug has been over the top and one of the few I have seen in this industry 1f44d

Does anyone know if a company based in the UK called Vortexbox are legit/official uk distributors for the Sonore microRendu product?

Alternatively does anyone have email contact for sonore so I can ask them directly?

Thanks.

+1 on the changelog.

Possibly, we also need a major/minor version bump, which always says 2.1. 1f44d

Yes, please, feature request - increment the version number with every change, 2.1.x for small fixes, 2.x for major or multiple fixes.

Will make it easy to know where you are at, and can only save people time in the long run