IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Which "gain"? I realize that the Sonore Signature Supply will not be the chosen for option for all, and I have no problem with that. Indeed, we do measure the SPS during development to make sure it is working as expected in terms of noise. In terms of dynamic response, the developer of the discrete regulator circuit does provide some pretty good measurements, which is one of the main reasons this specific regulator circuit was selected (blows away normal things like the LM317 and the SuperTeddy). The one measured spec I am happy to share is noise: < 8µV (that is microvolts, not millivolts).

My point was that removing the noisy power supplies from the situation is always a better solution than attempting to filter out the noise. If one must have a noisy supply, then filtering is of course a good idea if it is done well.

I'm sure you're using the Bellleson Reg.

Superpower Super Regulator by Belleson

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Check out Blue Circle Audio as well. They have a variety of cost-effective power conditioning products. I've had great results from their PLC Thingee FX-2 X0e.

I'm using one of these also for digital components and LPSUs.

1st of the many conditioners and iso-trans I've used over a 20 yr period that only does good things (black background +) and appears to do no harm. Recommended!

Current set up:

NAS > Roon core on Mac Pro in office > ethernet to Mac mini in listening room running HQplayer > Regen > DAC

I though with the microRendu I would eliminate the Mac Mini and run Roon, Hqplayer on the office Pro and set up the Microrendu as Hqplayer NAA?

Or keep the quad core Mini (with uptown upgrades) and run Roon and Hqplayer on it and then send the music up two shelves to the microRendu and DAC? I run into a small problem here with only one ethernet at the audio rack and I don't think I can pass through the Mini.

I guess the question is what should be my powerhouse computer Mini or Pro. I'm only up sampling to DSD128 and both computers handle that well. Room seems a little less taxing on the Pro with start up. The noise from the mini in my listening room has never been an issue. Eliminating the mini with just leave an empty space on my audio rack.

Any thought or suggestions? Does it really matter? I'm not one to notice the subtleties that some people notice. So maybe keep it as simple as possible?

Thanks in advance!

Current set up:

NAS > Roon core on Mac Pro in office > ethernet to Mac mini in listening room running HQplayer > Regen > DAC

I though with the microRendu I would eliminate the Mac Mini and run Roon, Hqplayer on the office Pro and set up the Microrendu as Hqplayer NAA?

Or keep the quad core Mini (with uptown upgrades) and run Roon and Hqplayer on it and then send the music up two shelves to the microRendu and DAC? I run into a small problem here with only one ethernet at the audio rack and I don't think I can pass through the Mini.

I guess the question is what should be my powerhouse computer Mini or Pro. I'm only up sampling to DSD128 and both computers handle that well. Room seems a little less taxing on the Pro with start up. The noise from the mini in my listening room has never been an issue. Eliminating the mini with just leave an empty space on my audio rack.

Any thought or suggestions? Does it really matter? I'm not one to notice the subtleties that some people notice. So maybe keep it as simple as possible?

Thanks in advance!

If I understand you correctly, either setup will work. But I'd go with the one without the Mac Mini, as both it and the Regen are unnecessary when you have the microRendu.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I unapproved the posts regarding the microSD cards because I don't want people messing around with them.

I'd suggest you leave a warning/explanation of why - similar to what you previously wrote - as there are already posts about how to copy them (backup), etc.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

So how would one detect or measure #2? e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope or something else?

I use this one:

6moons audio reviews: Blue Horizon Noise Analyzer

Borrowed at the local Hifi shop.

However it is made by the same company that is making Isotek power conditioners. So can we believe this analyzer ?

My home reads about 350 to 600. Using an old Isol-8 gives me 21.

I know Isotek products will read zero.

In in addition you would need a Isotek Syncro to deal with DC. Isol-8 has products that deal with both types in one unit.

Isol-8 is made by the same man started Isotek.

I guess thees products are most useful for 220 vac marked. Not sure if they make 120 vac versions.

edit:

the noise analyser is for number 1

Check out Blue Circle Audio as well. They have a variety of cost-effective power conditioning products. I've had great results from their PLC Thingee FX-2 X0e.

Mrvco: Thanks for this tip. I took a look at their web site and these products look very promising indeed.

Can you tell us how you used the FX-2 X0e and what improvements in sound resulted in your system?

Doak: Ditto for you; what improvements in sound did you hear with the Blue Circile stuff?

Source: Intel i3 NUC/fanless/Euphony/Ext SSD) JS-2;

DAC: Mojo Mystique V2/Regen /LPS1.2;Curious USB

Preamp: Music First Audio passive V2/ Morrow cables

Amp: Sanders Electrostatic; Mapleshade power cable

Speakers: Magneplanar 1.7/Hsu vTF2 sub/Room 27x15'  

Misc: eR; extensive anti-vibration; 1.7's on Herbie's footers

Jesus,

Is 112.2 degrees Fahrenheit too hot for the microRendu to run? I have mine running off of a CIAudio 9V/2A linear supply and output is to a BelCanto ULink which draws one watt (5V@200ma). I checked the case temp with a thermometer to get this reading. It feels warm to me but it is not too hot to hold continuously. Maybe you could check with John Swenson.

I remember that he said it should not be so hot that you could not hold it but he never mentioned an actual temperature upper limit that I can remember. If it is too hot then I will get the power supply from Uptone when it is available and use the CIAudio as a charger.

I love this product and want it to last.

Thanks,

Bob

+3.

I have two of the FX-2 X0e units, daisy chained together. My PS for my microRendu, as well as all of my other gear is plugged in to these FX-2 X0e units.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

For those with Windows10/HQP/NAA and still having trouble finding your endpoint or dac consider this. Open Control Panel then click on View small icons in the upper right. Click on Network and Sharing Center. Then on the left click on Advanced Sharing Center then under Network Discovery then check Turn on Network Discovery. It may help. When on it says once checked then this computer can see other networks and 'DEVICES'... If you try let me know if it works for you.

Jesus,

Is 112.2 degrees Fahrenheit too hot for the microRendu to run? I have mine running off of a CIAudio 9V/2A linear supply and output is to a BelCanto ULink which draws one watt (5V@200ma). I checked the case temp with a thermometer to get this reading. It feels warm to me but it is not too hot to hold continuously. Maybe you could check with John Swenson.

I remember that he said it should not be so hot that you could not hold it but he never mentioned an actual temperature upper limit that I can remember. If it is too hot then I will get the power supply from Uptone when it is available and use the CIAudio as a charger.

I love this product and want it to last.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

there is no hard and fast temperature. I refuse to give a specific temperature, this will lead people to believe that if you are at or below everything is perfect forever, 1 degree above and it will explode in 5 seconds. I'm trying to instill that this is broad fuzzy range, on the lower end, probably fine, on the upper end maybe not, but it might work great for 20 years. That is why I use the hold the finger on, it is NOT a specific temperature, it is open to interpretation etc. that is what I want. The "hold finger on" is low enough that the probability of thermal issues is very low.

So if you can hold your finger on it, don't worry.

John S.

Hi Bob,

there is no hard and fast temperature. I refuse to give a specific temperature, this will lead people to believe that if you are at or below everything is perfect forever, 1 degree above and it will explode in 5 seconds. I'm trying to instill that this is broad fuzzy range, on the lower end, probably fine, on the upper end maybe not, but it might work great for 20 years. That is why I use the hold the finger on, it is NOT a specific temperature, it is open to interpretation etc. that is what I want. The "hold finger on" is low enough that the probability of thermal issues is very low.

So if you can hold your finger on it, don't worry.

John S.

Am a uRendu owner and fan. I hope mine goes for 20, but have to be honest and say I that I was disappointed to learn upon receiving it that the warranty is one year. Most of my gear, including your namesake, my JS-2, is covered for 3-5. Three inspires more confidence than one in this business, in my opinion.

Am a uRendu owner and fan. I hope mine goes for 20, but have to be honest and say I that I was disappointed to learn upon receiving it that the warranty is one year. Most of my gear, including your namesake, my JS-2, is covered for 3-5. Three inspires more confidence than one in this business, in my opinion.

My Vinnie Rossi LIO has a 10 year warranty. At the end of the day you're buying the technology and company. The hope is that if the µRendu shit the bed in a tick over a year that the right thing will be done. Chances are there will be a new version that you will want anyway. ;-)

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

In this age of digital audio, 1yr seems more than reasonable as it will be outdated with more advanced digital components (it already has with Rednet devices). However, the JS-2 is a different story since its more analogous to an analogue component.

I am afraid that something is wrong with my Microrendu. Applied FW update to 2.2 and I am no longer getting any sound. DAC is showing incoming signal, sample rate, etc. but I am just not getting any sound.

Can someone help?

Baconbrain: Sounds similar to a problem I had. Try MySonicOrbiter-->Manage-->My Apps. Whichever player you're using (Squeezelite, etc.), go to the Settings page for the player, and down at the bottom, press "Save Changes". See if that restores your music.

Anyone using the mR with the 9V output of a HDPLEX 100W LPS?

I notice volume is somewhat lower than I was getting using a Regen into a NUC sever. Consequently, even though SQ is much improved in terms of digital harshness, detail etc the sound is somewhat anaemic.

Any Roon-microRendu users here who found Tidal versions sound better than redbook rips of the same albums? Soundstage is bigger, more dynamic and separation is more precise. This is rather unusual for me as I usually find the opposite to be true when I was using Audirvana+. Just wondering if there are some Roon or mR settings that I didn't flick on to play my music files.

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Vinyl Rig: Sansui SR-2050C > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

Office Rig: Roon > mac mini > iDSD BL > HD800S / Viso HP50 / Marshall Major II

New Findings

----------------

For couple of days, the Roon GUI has been prompting me that there are s/w updates available but I have been resisting in the fear that it might break something and spoil the fun of listening pleasure. More so, since I use Roon with HQP, I thought that the update would not be much useful sound wise as the back-end is completely handled in HQP. With Yggy I don't upsample in HQP since I found that the mega-burito filter in Yggy sounds better in my system but somehow just using the HQP make the sounds better than just Roon or MPD/DLNA mode. Today I decided to give it a spin (actually on Mike from MA's insistence) and test one more time the uRendu in Roon Ready mode with my Yggy. To my surprise, the SQ is just excellent now and sounds darn good. Folks who are using Roon/HQP combo, give it a try after updating Roon and see how it works for you. You might not need HQP at all with certain DACs.

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 1.38.05 AM.png.

Baconbrain: Sounds similar to a problem I had. Try MySonicOrbiter-->Manage-->My Apps. Whichever player you're using (Squeezelite, etc.), go to the Settings page for the player, and down at the bottom, press "Save Changes". See if that restores your music.

The update can leave things uninitialized and you just need to press Save from the output mode in use in Settings to configure things again.