IGNORED

HQ Player

I had hoped, RAAT would be a serious more stable option for use with HQPlayer over the network than NAA.

But looks like there is no chance implementing it into HQPlayer as a network protocol.

"common reason for such things to happen is when there are more than one active network interface in HQPlayer computer"

I have one active network interface on my PC.

And as a side note: My NAA devices appeared just minutes ago out of nowhere. I have no idea what leads to that NAA behavior on my network. I would like to get that somehow under control, because HQPlayer has in the digital domain just by a wide margin the best sound in town.

8 hours ago, fheller said:

I had hoped, RAAT would be a serious more stable option for use with HQPlayer over the network than NAA.

But looks like there is no chance implementing it into HQPlayer as a network protocol.

"common reason for such things to happen is when there are more than one active network interface in HQPlayer computer"

And as a side note: My NAA devices appeared just minutes ago out of nowhere. I have no idea what leads to that NAA behavior on my network. I would like to get that somehow under control, because HQPlayer has in the digital domain just by a wide margin the best sound in town.

Try changing ports on your switch or router. I had a similar problem and when I switched ports it disappeared.

11 hours ago, fheller said:

I'm not sure what is going on in your case. But HQPlayer is no compromise approach throughout. Could be picky at times, but no trade-offs made either. Sound quality is higher priority than convenience.

For NAA discovery, IPv6 tends to be more reliable than IPv4.

NAA is connected when HQPlayer is started. At this point, NAA and the DAC should be available. There is automatic background reconnect procedure, but as overall rule, NAA + DAC needs to be available always when HQPlayer is running.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

5 minutes ago, CheapSplurge said:

Now I'm getting static in left channel. I factory reset and updated my windows machine... Idk what else to do

Yeah, something is amiss with your setup because this isn't normal. Wish I new what it could be. 

Perhaps you did this already and I missed it, but have you described your entire system from source to speakers/headphones (with all cables etc... in between)? Someone may spot something out of the ordinary. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yeah, something is amiss with your setup because this isn't normal. Wish I new what it could be. 

Perhaps you did this already and I missed it, but have you described your entire system from source to speakers/headphones (with all cables etc... in between)? Someone may spot something out of the ordinary. 

Laptop win 10

16gb ram, i5

Anticable usb a to b 

Dac is Hugo 2

LCD 4z headphone stock cable 

I use roon through hqplayer, tidal

3 hours ago, CheapSplurge said:

Laptop win 10

16gb ram, i5

Anticable usb a to b 

Dac is Hugo 2

LCD 4z headphone stock cable 

I use roon through hqplayer, tidal

I think someone mentioned this before but the first thing I would do is to try a Certified USB 2 cable. Nothing fancy just a Certified that you can get on many sites for $10-$20 USD. The next thing is to borrow a different computer and try that ( a more powerful Desktop would be best). Just use the HQP trial for the test so you don't have to transfer your HQP license.

Hello Miska,

I have problem when playing SDM output.

Start of new track, occasionally (several times per day) very loud static is playing instead of music. (at -10 dB)

This problem may or may not go away if I change to next track.

I can reduce loudness of static by keeping the volume at closer to 0 db (offset volume by preamp)

What I tried:

-Update to latest version 4.6

-Change interconnect cables

-Change to other filter and modulator (tried ASDM5EC)

-Connect my DAC to PC directly (now using opticalRendu)

My DAC is Terminator.

Thank you

setting.PNG

8 hours ago, Acholate said:

Hello Miska,

I have problem when playing SDM output.

Start of new track, occasionally (several times per day) very loud static is playing instead of music. (at -10 dB)

This problem may or may not go away if I change to next track.

I can reduce loudness of static by keeping the volume at closer to 0 db (offset volume by preamp)

What I tried:

-Update to latest version 4.6

-Change interconnect cables

-Change to other filter and modulator (tried ASDM5EC)

-Connect my DAC to PC directly (now using opticalRendu)

My DAC is Terminator.

Thank you

setting.PNG

First thing is to disable 48k DSD. Are you sure you need to use DoP as SDM Pack instead of native DSD?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 hours ago, Miska said:

First thing is to disable 48k DSD. Are you sure you need to use DoP as SDM Pack instead of native DSD?

No, I can use native DSD as well. I think I already tried native DSD but did't solve the problem.

When I disable 48 DSD, I can't play 96k/24bit file using Sinc-S. Sinc-ext2 work fine though. Need to uncheck adaptive output rate to play 96k/24bit. But then again 16k/44bit won't work. Is this a bug?

Anyway I will try to disable 48k DSD with native DSD first and see if the problem go away.

Thanks.

@Acholate Hello and sorry you are having issues. I see that you have not understood the way the Adaptive Rate Output works.  I will try to help and Miska will correct details.  If your DAC does not accept 48K base material you need to have 48K unchecked and ARO checked - but you also need to use a Filter that can do Rate conversion, like ext-2.  Those are listed in the table in the manual.  With these settings all material will be upsampled to a 44K based rate that you set as the Limit. 

I hope this helps!

1 hour ago, Solstice380 said:

@Acholate Hello and sorry you are having issues. I see that you have not understood the way the Adaptive Rate Output works.  I will try to help and Miska will correct details.  If your DAC does not accept 48K base material you need to have 48K unchecked and ARO checked - but you also need to use a Filter that can do Rate conversion, like ext-2.  Those are listed in the table in the manual.  With these settings all material will be upsampled to a 44K based rate that you set as the Limit. 

I hope this helps!

I see...your reply definitely help me to clearly understand about 48k DSD and ARO.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, CheapSplurge said:

I figurdled it out sort of. 

These things happen only when the volume knob is red. I have it  set to - 3 and +3 but I don't want it red, I want my dac to control volume only. 

How do I do this. 

If you have max volume set to +3 and the volume control knob turn all the way up (full clockwise), you are going to hit the limiter, indicated by the the red knob. As I mentioned previously, go back to default settings of max = -3 and min = -60 then turn the volume control knob all the way up (full clockwise). If you still get red knob then set max = -4. Keep lowering max until you no longer get red knob.

22 hours ago, Acholate said:

My DAC is Terminator.

The loud static noise is more of a problem with Denafrips. I also have the Terminator. However, this really happens very rarely for me (1x every quarter?). I completely disconnect the Termi from the power and only switch it on again after a minute. I suspect an overload of the capacitors, which have to discharge again. Termi has plenty of that. But I'm not a technician.

Denafrips has released a new USB driver. Have you already renewed it?

13 hours ago, Miska said:

First thing is to disable 48k DSD.

Why? The Termi is able to play DSD 256x48 without any problems.

My settings:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, StreamFidelity said:

The loud static noise is more of a problem with Denafrips. I also have the Terminator. However, this really happens very rarely for me (1x every quarter?). I completely disconnect the Termi from the power and only switch it on again after a minute. I suspect an overload of the capacitors, which have to discharge again. Termi has plenty of that. But I'm not a technician.

Denafrips has released a new USB driver. Have you already renewed it?

Yeah, I noticed that If I restart the Terminator, the loud static noise will not show up for a while...maybe few hours

But I haven't tried to completely disconnect the power cord yet. I will try to do when I got static again.

I'm using Thesycon 4.82 driver, this is latest one right? 

30 minutes ago, Acholate said:

I'm using Thesycon 4.82 driver, this is latest one right? 

No, the newest is Thesycon USB v4.86.0. Look Denafrips Support😉