IGNORED

HQ Player

Always edifying, austinpop questions & their answers ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

34 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Now I'm not entirely sure that I designed it well. 😬

It is all good when you know it! Just like most Android and iOS applications and even the OS itself. Takes a little bit of time to learn something when it has any notable number of features.

Some small hint on the edges could help (even just on the first display of the view). But features like long presses that HQPlayer Client, Roon, and for example iOS use are harder to notice unless one happens to try, or reads about it somewhere. I guess this is not in use on HQPDcontrol at the moment?

But that video already is helpful. View map (screenshots laid out as a map) or some introduction text could be helpful as well.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

13 minutes ago, Miska said:

It is all good when you know it! Just like most Android and iOS applications and even the OS itself. Takes a little bit of time to learn something when it has any notable number of features.

Some small hint on the edges could help (even just on the first display of the view). But features like long presses that HQPlayer Client, Roon, and for example iOS use are harder to notice unless one happens to try, or reads about it somewhere. I guess this is not in use on HQPDcontrol at the moment?

But that video already is helpful. View map (screenshots laid out as a map) or some introduction text could be helpful as well.

I use a long press (in album detail screen).
I'll try to come up with something and put it on the web.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

On 8/9/2020 at 6:02 AM, Miska said:

Where do you get power from for those fans/SSD's etc? MB designer has created a separate controllable power supply for each fan and doing that taking into account what kind of load and noise it imposes on the particular firmware controlled PSU (because they know it will have a fan connected to it). In the cases I have, the MB designer has also designed a special PSU for the USB connectors used to connect DACs.

I personally want each fan to be driven only as fast as necessary to cool the needed part. On hot days it can be a bit faster than on cool winter days.

In my new HQPlayer Server, only the AIO Pump and 3 Radiator fans are on the MB control. All the other 8 fans are powered through a NZXT Sentry 3 Fan Controller powered by an outboard Corsair RMX550 ATX PSU using a Molex connector.

I am interested to know what power supply arrangements you use for your fans. You mention a separate controllable PS for each fan. What is this? Care to share the details?

Thanks

Kelvin

6 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

I am interested to know what power supply arrangements you use for your fans.

On the 9900K + RTX2080Ti server everything runs off a single Seasonic Prime TX-1000 PSU that has hybrid fan system, so the PSU fan is stopped in normal condition and starts slowly spinning only as needed.

On the newer 10900K server everything runs off a single fanless 600W Seasonic PSU (a bit older model, but for current equivalent check out Prime Fanless TX-700). When Nvidia releases 3000-series GPUs, I will likely add GPU and replace the PSU with a 1000W+ TX series.

Both motherboards have four PSU cables to the motherboard; main ATX power, 2x CPU power and PCIe power. In addition the RTX2080Ti has two power cables separately.

6 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

You mention a separate controllable PS for each fan. What is this? Care to share the details?

Each motherboard fan connector (IIRC total of 7) has a separate on-board firmware controlled PWM PSU. CPU fans are of course controlled by CPU temperature sensor, but for rest of the fans you can select which temperature sensor is used as basis for the control. All profiles are set to "Silent" preset and some allow also stopping fans, but one can also make a custom control curve if wanted. So each fan is individually controlled by it's own firmware driven PSU. These are drawn from the main ATX connection 12V rail. While USB gets it's power from the 5V rail. In addition, the DAC-UP USB ports have a separate firmware controlled voltage regulation.

Jussi a question.
I remember reading (but I'm not sure you wrote)
that the use of mediaconverters can compromise the filter phase ....
but I didn't understand if they are the convolution filters or the filters you make ...
can you tell me something about it?
thank you.

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

Hi,

I have an old version of HQplayer 3.x that I have not used for over a year. Now I would like to upgrade to current version but do not know how. The webshop of Signalyst asked a file to upload. What I have is only an activation code that the webshop did not accept. Any help would be appreciated! 

I did contact support through email with no avail. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, pis99 said:

I have an old version of HQplayer 3.x that I have not used for over a year. Now I would like to upgrade to current version but do not know how. The webshop of Signalyst asked a file to upload. What I have is only an activation code that the webshop did not accept. Any help would be appreciated! 

I did contact support through email with no avail. 

Please send me email again, I may have missed something... (had a motorcycle accident and spent some time in hospital, etc)

Hi Jussi,

I am also a rider and have crashed.  Wishing you the best in recovery.

So, back to trying to get a PCM stream into HQP from my TASCAM UH-7000:  It works fine with a line-level input to the TASCAM from a cassette deck.  So as long as the  ADC is providing the stream, HQP is fine with it when the TASCAM is selected from the input menu.  However, my FM tuner provides a PCM output at 24/48khz and HQP will not lock onto it when that signal is routed through the TASCAM. I show in the TASCAM interface and in the ASOUnds window of Sys Prefs on my iMac that I have signal to coreaudio from the TASCAM when the tuner stream is active.  It is getting to the iMac, just not into HQP from there.  What else can I try?  I am confused about this glitch.  I have looked at Midi, and can't think of anything else to do.

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg