IGNORED

HQ Player

10 hours ago, giordy60 said:

question about upsampling settings pcm 1.536mhz
I use an i7 6700 3,4 ghz and an ares 2 as a converter
I tried some filters and shapers but there are always glick during playback even if the cpu is not very busy (2-3%) ..... I ask:
what do you use?

Have you tried with HQPlayer OS? That is good reference point to get started with in case you encounter problems.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

2 hours ago, UELong said:

I'm a blind user, who needs to hear the speech program I use.  When I tried installing HQ, and tried to run it, my speech program went silent.

Mac, Windows or Linux?

Do you want to output the speech program and HQP to the same speakers or different speakers?

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

13 hours ago, Miska said:

Have you tried with HQPlayer OS? That is good reference point to get started with in case you encounter problems.

I did not understand....

what should I do ? ....🤔

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

11 hours ago, giordy60 said:

I did not understand....

what should I do ? ....🤔

You could download the bootable HQPlayer Embedded image (HQPlayer OS) from here: https://www.signalyst.com/custom.html

Boot it up (no installation needed, just a spare USB memory stick), configure and try playback with it. Alternatively you could use it as a NAA and see what kind of playback results you get that way. If playback works with it, then in current setup there is likely a software related problem. If it still doesn't work on the same hardware, then the problem is likely related to the hardware.

Since running HQPlayer Embedded this way is fully self-contained known environment, including the OS itself, it is good reference. This lifts many software related uncertainties.

Free trial mode is enough for this purpose.

greetings

I wonder if I can get some advice

I only listen to tidal now more than anything 

set up

chord mojo--- avid integra--- harbth 5shl plus 40th anniversary

Avid Integra amp it has no remote control

my dac for the time being is chord mojo and i have the chord poly, sometimes i use the poly but most of the time i use the mojo connected by usd to my computer

i like to be able to control the volume from my couch without always having to reach out to the amp, and maintain the sound quality.

i am now considering roon with hq player to a have good digital volume control, as using the digital volume control of tidal apps i feel the sound quality is not as great as using the volume control on my amp

would using hq player with roon be a good move to use them to control volume, if so what settings should i dial in on both roon and hq player, kindly please help, as many suggest that i should buy a preamp and i am not in favor of that to start adding more devices in my set up

On 8/2/2020 at 8:35 AM, CheapSplurge said:

What modulator do I need to use? 

Using a chord dac, using for headphones 

20200801_203311.jpg

Hi CheapSplurge

On Chord DAC - everyone above is correct. Stick with PCM. Modulator does not come into play

On the Filter - Why dont you change to polysinc filters (not the xtr which are CPU intensive)

I had a related problem where I had the red volume knob when I thought that I thought I had a good DAC to SOTM Ultra Neo connection. Then I found out that the IsoRegen in the pathway was underpowered by 5v instead of the 6 v from the LPS 1.2.

Tried jiggling the microUSB to USB A cable (I believe that is the Chord microusb connection cable) and see if the Red Knob disappears.

I am not a Chord DAC user so the above is just friendly conjecture. If it is rubbish than just ignore.

Thanks

On 8/1/2020 at 4:23 PM, Bob Stern said:

Mac, Windows or Linux?

Do you want to output the speech program and HQP to the same speakers or different speakers?

W10.  I found the problem in sound preferences, allowing exclusive use, which I unchecked.  I can now read the main screen from HQ.  The learning process is just beginning.  Not sure how long the trial period is.  But, thanks for responding.  You're the first to do so on this massive site in general.

I'm certainly hoping for better feedback about this program.  The owner of JRiver loosely said that he couldn't care less if his program was accessible to all.

13 hours ago, CheapSplurge said:

Makes total sense, thanks so much. Is there any benefit to choosing lower numbers? 

Generally, converting sample rate requires more computing power. HQP does a very good job so don’t be worried about that aspect.  Only some filters will convert, others are only able to do integer upsampling.  If your DAC accepts 48k based material I would upsample to a 48k rate.  If not, use one of the apodizing upsampling filters. 

Shark teeth

For my understanding: when I use HQP (PCM 705/768 >> RME ADI-2) the processor works in cycles.
6/8% for 2 sec then a rise to 23/25% and we start again.
We see the drawing in "shark teeth".
Is it linked to a buffer management of HQP or ROON / HQP?
I use Roon as a remote control.
Important detail, I also have an HAF convolution (via Matrix menu)

HQP-6-24.jpg

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

2 hours ago, jimdukey said:

Is there a problem with the iMac T2 Security Chip and Computer Audio?

I recall somewhere reading that a prospective buyer should wait until it's gone.

But I see it's a feature of their new line of iMacs, coming out this week.

So IS it a Problem?

It has been a problem with USB connected audio devices.

I don't think it is going away as such, but Apple may fix the hardware though. Time will tell how it works on the new Macs.

6 hours ago, Miska said:

It has been a problem with USB connected audio devices.

I don't think it is going away as such, but Apple may fix the hardware though. Time will tell how it works on the new Macs.

Any chance that this new top of range iMac will cope with EC modulators & 48x256, plus 2 channel convolution?

Configurable to 3.6GHz 10‑core 10th‑generation Intel Core i9 with Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz”

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Does the library allow duplicates? I have different pieces of music in an album(e.g. 2 concertos or a symphony and an overture) put into separate folders. When I search using Client, I can only get one but not the other. I didn't seem to have this problem in earlier versions of Desktop.

Hi folks,

I'm checking out HQPlayer to drive my DAVE directly. I am finding the DSD Settings and Settings menus very confusing, but think I'm beginning to understand. The key appears to be that not all filter/oversampler/dither/modulator options apply for any particular scenario. Could y'all experts and @Miska please advise if my understanding is correct? I want to look at 3 scenarios:

1. PCM to PCM
  2. DSD to PCM
  3. DSD to DSD.

Here are my DSD Settings and Settings:

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 3.06.07 PM.png  Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 3.06.41 PM.png

Scenario 1: PCM to PCM Upsampling

Only the following settings apply:

image.png

Scenario 2: DSD to DSD upsampling

Only these settings apply:

image.pngimage.png  

Scenario 3: DSD to PCM upsampling

image.pngimage.png  

Obviously, other flags and options apply, but my focus is on the filtering, dithering, and upsampling options. 

Is my understanding correct? Thanks for your guidance.

9 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Hi folks,

I'm checking out HQPlayer to drive my DAVE directly. I am finding the DSD Settings and Settings menus very confusing, but think I'm beginning to understand. The key appears to be that not all filter/oversampler/dither/modulator options apply for any particular scenario. Could y'all experts and @Miska please advise if my understanding is correct? I want to look at 3 scenarios:

1. PCM to PCM
  2. DSD to PCM
  3. DSD to DSD.

Here are my DSD Settings and Settings:

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 3.06.07 PM.png  Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 3.06.41 PM.png

Scenario 1: PCM to PCM Upsampling

Only the following settings apply:

image.png

Scenario 2: DSD to DSD upsampling

Only these settings apply:

image.pngimage.png  

Scenario 3: DSD to PCM upsampling

image.pngimage.png  

Obviously, other flags and options apply, but my focus is on the filtering, dithering, and upsampling options. 

Is my understanding correct? Thanks for your guidance.

For Scenario 3 (DSD to PCM), you need to change Default Output Mode from [source] to PCM. Otherwise PCM stays PCM and DSD stays DSD.