IGNORED

HQ Player

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

What is missing is a firmware version that has working DSD indication, MUTE and DSD512...

OK, so who is in position to do the job on these 3 points, Amanero ?

A lot of work ?

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

10 minutes ago, Miska said:

Do they also have ASIO driver these days?

I don't have any further information about Devialet though.

I don't know. I downloaded "USB driver for Windows" from their site. I was A/B testing my CD transport and streaming, and when I switched the input on the Devialet USB-AES/EBU-USB - the NAA was gone. This happened several times and only reboot helped, or at least I couldn't solve it in any other way.

HQplayer - NAA - Devialet D-800 - YG Acoustics Carmel + dual ELAC sub-2090

40 minutes ago, zoltan said:

I don't know. I downloaded "USB driver for Windows" from their site. I was A/B testing my CD transport and streaming, and when I switched the input on the Devialet USB-AES/EBU-USB - the NAA was gone. This happened several times and only reboot helped, or at least I couldn't solve it in any other way.

So you didn't adjust the networkaudiod_name.bat to switch over to WASAPI backend? I thought they didn't have ASIO driver...

You may have less trouble if you use the WASAPI backend instead by modifying said bat (remove "rem" at the beginning on of the corresponding line there). Or at least you could try and see if it makes any difference...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

50 minutes ago, volpone said:

OK, so who is in position to do the job on these 3 points, Amanero ?

A lot of work ?

Amanero yes, nobody else can do it. I don't know how much of work it is since I don't have any visibility. But the demands for the BE support weren't probably helping the cause... So time was spent on doing something that mpd should have done in their application instead of trying to come up with a functional firmware.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

7 minutes ago, Miska said:

Amanero yes, nobody else can do it. I don't know how much of work it is since I don't have any visibility. But the demands for the BE support weren't probably helping the cause... So time was spent on doing something that mpd should have done in their application instead of trying to come up with a functional firmware.

Did you, and DAC vendors, talked to Amanero ? Everybody agree on what to do ?

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

On 3/31/2017 at 10:49 AM, Eric Ventura said:

Well it crashes during Network Naming - I'm still learning HQPlayer - but so far I can't do anything with it network wise.  

This is the same issue I had with 3.16.  3.15 works fine.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Do they also have ASIO driver these days?

I don't have any further information about Devialet though.

Devialet does have an ASIO driver included in the standard driver package.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

5 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes I did. I don't know about DAC vendors. Since I'm not $$$ customer for Amanero, weight of me saying anything is probably around 0.01 :D

When I talked to Amanero a couple of weeks ago, he said that his customers had a DSD512 working version of his firmware. He just had to implement a certain feature (I don't remember exactly what). He seemed VERY close to a final release. Unfortunately, he was also just about to move to a new office. I'll call him on Monday to get an update...if he still has the same number.

8 hours ago, Miska said:

So you didn't adjust the networkaudiod_name.bat to switch over to WASAPI backend? I thought they didn't have ASIO driver...

You may have less trouble if you use the WASAPI backend instead by modifying said bat (remove "rem" at the beginning on of the corresponding line there). Or at least you could try and see if it makes any difference...

I haven't adjusted anything. To be honest I'm not sure what you mean. Where is this file I should modify that you are referring to? I cannot find it in a Windows search. Is it in the registry?

@zoltan, I don't know if you downloaded complete NAA image or if you installed Linux and then downloaded and run networkaudiod. In the 2nd case look at networkaudiod package you downloaded from Signalyst. If you are using an older networkaudioid package than 3.50 then download the latest.

You copied it somewhere to your computer to run networdaudiod from here. The package contains file networkaudiod_name.bat which is intended to start the networkaudiod. Open that file in text editor and read once again what Miska wrote ...

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
6 minutes ago, bogi said:

@zoltan, look at networkaudiod package (networkaudiod-350.zip) you downloaded from Signalyst. If you are using an older networkaudioid package than 3.50 then download the latest.

You copied it somewhere to your computer and run networdaudiod from here. The package contains file networkaudiod_name.bat which is intended to start the networkaudiod. Open that file in text editor and read once again what Miska wrote ...

Thank you. It's clear why I didn't find it. I didn't download that package, only the "HQPlayerDesktop3-setup-3160.exe"  file to run HQPlayer on my PC. The NAA is on a Hummingboard (same image as a Cubox) which I'm borrowing and was installed by the owner. Do I need to install that package on my PC, too?

44 minutes ago, zoltan said:

Do I need to install that package on my PC, too?

No. The whole thing is messed up by the fact that you wrote

I downloaded "USB driver for Windows" from their site.

Therefore Miska thought you are running Windows NAA. I thought it based on Miska's answer too but then I found your older post where you mentioned Humminboard (Linux) as your NAA computer. Then I wanted to adapt my previous post but timeout expired and it has no much value as my editing was only partial, now it mixes Linux and Windows things and doesn't make sense. I hate these timeouts!

zoltan, always be as clear as possible when you are asking for help. The base is always to describe clearly what's your setup.

It makes no sense to mention USB driver for Windows when you are running Linux NAA. DAC USB driver is intended for computer where your DAC is connected. If it is Linux NAA computer then for that computer and not for your Windows or Mac. In dual computer setup (HQPlayer computer and NAA computer) you don't need to install DAC driver on HQPlayer computer - it has no effect.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
4 hours ago, bibo01 said:

When I talked to Amanero a couple of weeks ago, he said that his customers had a DSD512 working version of his firmware. He just had to implement a certain feature (I don't remember exactly what). He seemed VERY close to a final release. Unfortunately, he was also just about to move to a new office. I'll call him on Monday to get an update...if he still has the same number.

So perhaps some hope. When i talked to DAC vendor (T+A, 15 days ago) they said: 

Currently Amanero is working on a solution for Linux. 
There are some discussions about HQ player + Linux on the internet which you might like to follow.
As soon as the Linux support for Amanero is ready and tested, we will implement it.
However, a fix date for this can not be given at this moment."

If Amenero succeed the next question would be: enduser DAC FW update possible and allowed from vendor  ?

Setup details

19 hours ago, tboooe said:

Curious if anyone else is using the Minring FIR filter??? I was using the poly sinc xtr mp but I think I like the Minring FIR more.  

i use it for DSD to DSD512 and polysync for PCM to DSD512  but you need a lot of focus to hear the differences between them :)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

2 hours ago, bogi said:

No. The whole thing is messed up by the fact that you wrote

I downloaded "USB driver for Windows" from their site.

Therefore Miska thought you are running Windows NAA. I thought it based on Miska's answer too but then I found your older post where you mentioned Humminboard (Linux) as your NAA computer. Then I wanted to adapt my previous post but timeout expired and it has no much value as my editing was only partial, now it mixes Linux and Windows things and doesn't make sense. I hate these timeouts!

zoltan, always be as clear as possible when you are asking for help. The base is always to describe clearly what's your setup.

It makes no sense to mention USB driver for Windows when you are running Linux NAA. DAC USB driver is intended for computer where your DAC is connected. If it is Linux NAA computer then for that computer and not for your Windows or Mac. In dual computer setup (HQPlayer computer and NAA computer) you don't need to install DAC driver on HQPlayer computer - it has no effect.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. This kind of forum format I find more difficult to follow than the 'audioasylum' type and therefore did not mention again some set-up features that I mentioned earlier. 
The reason why I downloaded the drivers was that I also tried connecting the computer direct first and test HQPlayer against JRiver in the same set-up. Then, I added NAA to see if there are any further improvements. 
Still, I don't know how to solve the problem of the NAA disappearing in the 'settings' menu and reappears only after rebooting the NAA. It is probably losing communication with my DAC when I change inputs on it and automatically it cannot reestablish it. 

16 hours ago, Miska said:

Hmmh, I can see number of responses from me in that thread? But what is the missing part?

The missing part is that the link to your comment on Computer Audiophile is broken and I can not find it. 

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

6 hours ago, zoltan said:

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. This kind of forum format I find more difficult to follow than the 'audioasylum' type and therefore did not mention again some set-up features that I mentioned earlier. 
The reason why I downloaded the drivers was that I also tried connecting the computer direct first and test HQPlayer against JRiver in the same set-up. Then, I added NAA to see if there are any further improvements. 
Still, I don't know how to solve the problem of the NAA disappearing in the 'settings' menu and reappears only after rebooting the NAA. It is probably losing communication with my DAC when I change inputs on it and automatically it cannot reestablish it. 

Thanks, now I understand. Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful. The NAA discovery is the thing only Miska can improve.

13 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I have 3 questions about version 3.16.  I am currently running version 3.15 on Windows 7. 

1.  Do I really need to uninstall 3.15 before upgrading?

2.  What are the new features in 3.16?

3.  What are the known issues in 3.16?

Thank you.

1. Yes

2. Mar 16 2017 HQPlayer Desktop 3.16.0 released!

Reliability and performance improvements. Improved support for higher number of CPU cores (8+) and automatic configuration for multicore systems.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

As promised, today I talked to Amanero developer about his ASIO driver and firmware for Linux.

Re. Linux, he has implemented a larger buffer and he is now in the process to verify its working order - this should lead to DSD512.

I also pointed out about the problem of stopping/restarting DAC and USB not detected, both in ASIO and ALSA, which caused a malfunction with networkaudiodeamon. I am not sure if this problem occurs when receiver takes power from USB and/or internally - it has to be verified. 
Anyhow, he has some clear ideas regarding this and he should be able to fix it, together with the 16 channel output/input bug.

Regarding MUTE at sampling rate change, this is slightly more complex. It also depends on the different player - some send a mute signal whilst other send a sequence of zeros only (@Miska, what about HQPlayer?) - and DAC implementation (mosfet, relay,...). 
He was still going to have a look at it.   

2 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

As promised, today I talked to Amanero developer about his ASIO driver and firmware for Linux.

Thank you @bibo01.

I've got a mail exchange today with T+A and it seems they are "in the starting blocks". I really hope some move soon.  

Setup details