IGNORED

HQ Player

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Latest nividia driver can I just download the graphics driver or should I download everything ?

Just select you GPU model from the drop lists on the link I posted and click search, it will offer you to download the graphics driver installer. When you have updated drivers, you can check if it works any better...

Latest driver at the moment is from 20th of March this year...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

Just select you GPU model from the drop lists on the link I posted and click search, it will offer you to download the graphics driver installer. When you have updated drivers, you can check if it works any better...

Latest driver at the moment is from 20th of March this year...

On cuda z what numbers do you look at ?

10 minutes ago, Miska said:

OK, should be fine then with Nvidia's latest drivers. Or otherwise there's something else eating the RAM on board.

Do you think it could have something to do with Remote Desk Top.Like I said quit working so I plugged in a keyboard mouse and monitor it started working.Is there something other then RDP you could recommend to control computer headless

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Do you think it could have something to do with Remote Desk Top.Like I said quit working so I plugged in a keyboard mouse and monitor it started working.Is there something other then RDP you could recommend to control computer headless

It could, at least remote RDP is trying to steal audio devices (WASAPI) and re-route all audio over RDP connection. This doesn't affect ASIO because WASAPI bypasses Windows audio subsystem.

I've used VNC over the years. It is not fast, but it doesn't mess with things. There are bunch of different implementations, I've used TightVNC: http://tightvnc.com

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

It could, at least remote RDP is trying to steal audio devices (WASAPI) and re-route all audio over RDP connection. This doesn't affect ASIO because WASAPI bypasses Windows audio subsystem.

I've used VNC over the years. It is not fast, but it doesn't mess with things. There are bunch of different implementations, I've used TightVNC: http://tightvnc.com

My dac uses ASIO driver.

21 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

My dac uses ASIO driver.

You should tell rdp to play audio on remote machine at the least.  That's not the default option when configuring a new rdp connection.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

On my Win10 NAA I disabled Windows audio as discussed in other thread.

Set-Service  AudioSrv -StartupType disabled
Set-Service  AudioEndpointBuilder -StartupType disabled

ASIO to my DAC functions as it should.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
40 minutes ago, bogi said:

On my Win10 NAA I disabled Windows audio as discussed in other thread.

Set-Service  AudioSrv -StartupType disabled
Set-Service  AudioEndpointBuilder -StartupType disabled

ASIO to my DAC functions as it should.

It becomes problem if one wants to use WASAPI backend and remote desktop together... VNC solves that anyway.

I am using ASIO only. I'm using IPv6 autoconfiguration without IPv4 and I was unable to run VNC through IPv6. Therefore I'm using Remote Desktop when needed (normally not needed).

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
1 hour ago, bogi said:

I am using ASIO only. I'm using IPv6 autoconfiguration without IPv4 and I was unable to run VNC through IPv6. Therefore I'm using Remote Desktop when needed (normally not needed).

Yeah, that should work fine. I'd be interested to hear reports if CUDA is acting up in such setups. Not that I would be able to do much about it, but it is good to know.

I am still having issues with HQPlayer finding my microRendu when I first start listening to music each day.  To explain, I never shut down my PC running HQP.  When I load desktop remote on my laptop, HQPlayer is open and running.  But when I try to play something it says it can't find the device.  I then go to the network naming menu and nothing shows up.  It is only after I reboot my microRendu that HQP can find it.  Also, if HQP crashes and I have to restart it it can never find the mR unless I reboot the mR.  I know the mR is running since I can access in Chrome.

This all started after I upgraded mR to NAA 3.5,

Any thoughts?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

4 hours ago, bogi said:

Does MS not support this, or your VNC server/client?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, Jud said:

Does MS not support this, or your VNC server/client?

HQPlayer + NAA3.5 works perfectly with IPv6 only network and IPv6 autoconfiguration (no IPv4 enabled on NAA). I'm using direct Ethernet cable connection of my HQPlayer notebook and miniPC with NAA. My NAA is reliably found by HQPlayer. I needed nothing to configure and that's the reason why I like this configuration.

I have no issues with RDP, it works fine with IPv6 only network. I wanted to try VNC with this config only to try something new and compare it with RDP. But I didn't find VNC version where both server and client support Windows and IPv6 (the server part was lacking). I searched only for free implementations.

2 minutes ago, bogi said:

I searched only for free implementations.

Ah, OK.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

8 hours ago, dminches said:

I am still having issues with HQPlayer finding my microRendu when I first start listening to music each day.  To explain, I never shut down my PC running HQP.  When I load desktop remote on my laptop, HQPlayer is open and running.  But when I try to play something it says it can't find the device.  I then go to the network naming menu and nothing shows up.  It is only after I reboot my microRendu that HQP can find it.

Are you leaving microRendu and the DAC running too?

Also, if HQP crashes and I have to restart it it can never find the mR unless I reboot the mR.  I know the mR is running since I can access in Chrome.

It may be dangling connection from crashed HQPlayer to the NAA. Windows at least used to be so stupid that it didn't terminate the connections when process was (abnormally) terminated and didn't explicitly close those on exit. I found this out long ago when I was wondering why firewall NAT had hundreds of TCP connection states dangling for a machine that had been shutdown already. Reason was BitTorrent client that had been running before. Really bad and pathetic bug from Microsoft's side.

50 minutes ago, Miska said:

Are you leaving microRendu and the DAC running too?

It may be dangling connection from crashed HQPlayer to the NAA. Windows at least used to be so stupid that it didn't terminate the connections when process was (abnormally) terminated and didn't explicitly close those on exit. I found this out long ago when I was wondering why firewall NAT had hundreds of TCP connection states dangling for a machine that had been shutdown already. Reason was BitTorrent client that had been running before. Really bad and pathetic bug from Microsoft's side.

I turn my DAC off but the mR is always on.  The DAC is the only component in the chain this is shut down.

I would assume most people do this, at least the ones with tubed DACs.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

20 minutes ago, dminches said:

I turn my DAC off but the mR is always on.  The DAC is the only component in the chain this is shut down.

I would assume most people do this, at least the ones with tubed DACs.

OK, that case works with my DACs, but you may have less hassle if you just close HQPlayer before turning off the DAC. This way the DAC doesn't disappear while it is being used.

9 hours ago, dminches said:

am still having issues with HQPlayer finding my microRendu when I first start listening to music each day.  To explain, I never shut down my PC running HQP.  When I load desktop remote on my laptop, HQPlayer is open and running.  But when I try to play something it says it can't find the device.

I seem to recall that if I unplug the DAC from the mR, then HQP will loose the connection, possibly because NAA on the mR looses the output device. In my case, if I turned off my DAC it would not loose the connection because the USB input is powered by the 5V from the source rather than the DAC's PS. If your case is such that the USB input is powered down with the DAC, I can imagine you would see what you see. I honestly cannot think of a solution that does not involve a change to NAA, HQP or both.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

12 minutes ago, Miska said:

OK, that case works with my DACs, but you may have less hassle if you just close HQPlayer before turning off the DAC. This way the DAC doesn't disappear while it is being used.

That would work bc HQP never gets in a state where the NAA suddenly disappears. I think HQP effectively gets into an error state of sorts when the NAA disappears and cannot get out of that state when it becomes available again. That's just my recollection.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

42 minutes ago, Miska said:

I will try that and then report back.  Thanks.