IGNORED

HQ Player

8 minutes ago, volpone said:

So do i ... but unfortunately no move on this issue since quite a year. Sad !   

It is just a line of code in the kernel... a recent version of alsa and the firmware 1099be on the Amanero

https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/blob/master/SRPMS/patches/kernel/0001-usb-Add-native-DSD-support-for-Amanero-Combo384-BE.patch

AudioLinux --> https://www.audio-linux.com

developer of AudioLinux realtime OS

2 minutes ago, hifi25nl said:

It is just a line of code in the kernel... a recent version of alsa and the firmware 1099be on the Amanero

https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/blob/master/SRPMS/patches/kernel/0001-usb-Add-native-DSD-support-for-Amanero-Combo384-BE.patch

Thank you @hifi25nl , i've asked T+A and they told me it was on the Amanero side and they were "pushing" ...

But nothing new .... who is waiting who or what ? ;)

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

Miska, you did not post to this thread on Roon Labs. You were referenced as posting something about it on your blog here which I searched for.  

community.roonlabs.com/t/help-with-cuda-offload/11085

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

6 hours ago, volpone said:

Thank you @hifi25nl , i've asked T+A and they told me it was on the Amanero side and they were "pushing" ...

But nothing new .... who is waiting who or what ? ;)

Linux is ready. The problem is that the Amanero driver is not working fine, for long time in beta stage...

On 2017. 03. 30. at 11:47 PM, Miska said:

OK, that case works with my DACs, but you may have less hassle if you just close HQPlayer before turning off the DAC. This way the DAC doesn't disappear while it is being used.

I have had similar problems with the trial version of HQPlayer and one of the things holding me back from getting the licence. I have a multipurpose DAC, so I switch inputs often. I lose NAA under HQPlayer most of the time and only rebooting the NAA helps, just as for 'dminches'. As I my HQPlayer would be either in a far away room or in a dedicated headless PC in the future, turning it off seems most inconvenient. So is repowering the NAA device every time. This happens under both Mac and Windows.  

HQplayer - NAA - Devialet D-800 - YG Acoustics Carmel + dual ELAC sub-2090

1 hour ago, hifi25nl said:

Linux is ready. The problem is that the Amanero driver is not working fine, for long time in beta stage...

Any idea on how to help ? 

I've read the discussion from: https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12 but don't know how to "motivate" @amanero and / or the community ?

If this issue fixed i think more DACs and cards would be sold ...

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

11 hours ago, denniswaugh said:

I'm using a Tronsmart Ara 5 (Win 10 + ASIO driver) as NAA with my Lampizator for DSD512 playback.

After a considerable amount of time optimising the OS by disabling unwanted services and replacing the supplied 5v smps with a Long Dog audio linear psu I am pleased with the results.

M

I am also interested in a W10 NAA device however along with positive reviews there are a few negatives on Amazon about the Tronsmart being low powered/slow and the top melting.

If you stop to think for a moment it seems crazy to insert another computer between DAC and PC to reduce RFI over USB! However if it really does improve SQ and it's cheaper/better than USB clean up devices it must be the way to go! However if someone brings an all singing all dancing USB cleaner for reasonable money, that solves the driver T+A problem (no DSD512 on Linux).

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

My Tronsmart Ara 5 remains cool to the touch.

The only issue I had with it was the built in ethernet had limited bandwidth during DSD512 playback and would clip.

This issue was resolved by using a Realtek  usb3 to ethernet adapter. No problem with DSD512 playback.

I am only using this Win10 NAA solution because it is the only way I could listen to DSD512 with my Lampizator dac.

I still prefer the sound with the MicroRendu/LPS-1 but this is limited to DSD128 at the moment. 

44 minutes ago, denniswaugh said:

My Tronsmart Ara 5 remains cool to the touch.

The only issue I had with it was the built in ethernet had limited bandwidth during DSD512 playback and would clip.

This issue was resolved by using a Realtek  usb3 to ethernet adapter. No problem with DSD512 playback.

I am only using this Win10 NAA solution because it is the only way I could listen to DSD512 with my Lampizator dac.

I still prefer the sound with the MicroRendu/LPS-1 but this is limited to DSD128 at the moment. 

Cheap and small Win NAA HW !

Are you comparing  DSD512 (ARA 5) VS DSD128 (MR + LPS1) and prefer SQ from MR in this context ?

Did you tried to update ARA PSU ?

Setup details

I am comparing DSD512 (ARA 5) VS DSD128 (MR + LPS1).

I replaced the supplied 5v smps with a Long Dog audio linear psu and there was a definite improvement to transparency and dynamic range (blackness/quietness).

Playback through the MR + LPS1 just sounds more organic/lively.

The Win10 NAA sounds a little flatter/drier at DSD128/256 and 512. I can hear the potential of DSD256/512 with this setup but I'm certain there is more to come.

I suspect there is a limit to what can be achieved with the Ara5 and similar hardware platforms because you cannot readily modify or optimise the hardware.

29 minutes ago, denniswaugh said:

I suspect there is a limit to what can be achieved with the Ara5 and similar hardware platforms because you cannot readily modify or optimise the hardware.

Annoying if you are right Dennis ...

Lot of ressources required on the DSD128  > DSD512 path and if no real SQ benefits at DAC outputs, wasted ressources !

Hope for some better Win NAA HW platform or Linux driver fix ! But perhaps i'm dreaming and the best way is  to stay DSD128 on Linux based optimized hardware platform ? I'm currently using RPI3 NAA (DietPi) to feed my DAC8 DSD with DSD128 and SQ is already quite good.

Setup details

I took the plunge and had my Lampizator upgraded from the previous DSD128 capability to 512.

If I had taken my time and researched a little more I would not have gone ahead with the upgrade, at least until the Amenero issue had been resolved.

I'm convinced I can hear the potential of DSD256/512 playback through my dac so I will continue to explore other possibilities to improve SQ with the Win NAA. (ISO Regen/ ifi galvanic isolation etc)

9 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

They appear to have got as far as RC1.

They don't respond to (my) emails.

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

Curious if anyone else is using the Minring FIR filter??? I was using the poly sinc xtr mp but I think I like the Minring FIR more.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

23 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

That is rather poor version, mine supports both BE and LE firmware variants in the same patch and doesn't make stupid assumptions that all firmware versions support the same native DSD functionality...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

15 hours ago, zoltan said:

I have had similar problems with the trial version of HQPlayer and one of the things holding me back from getting the licence. I have a multipurpose DAC, so I switch inputs often. I lose NAA under HQPlayer most of the time and only rebooting the NAA helps, just as for 'dminches'. As I my HQPlayer would be either in a far away room or in a dedicated headless PC in the future, turning it off seems most inconvenient. So is repowering the NAA device every time. This happens under both Mac and Windows.  

What is the DAC/driver in question?

23 hours ago, slingshot said:

Miska, you did not post to this thread on Roon Labs. You were referenced as posting something about it on your blog here which I searched for.  

community.roonlabs.com/t/help-with-cuda-offload/11085

Hmmh, I can see number of responses from me in that thread? But what is the missing part?

15 minutes ago, Miska said:

That is rather poor version, mine supports both BE and LE firmware variants in the same patch and doesn't make stupid assumptions that all firmware versions support the same native DSD functionality...

So @Miska considering your patch what is missing from Amanero, the community, or DAC makers, to release long waited native DSD Linux driver (DSD512 enabled) ? 

Setup details

24 minutes ago, Miska said:

Really there are two patches, that can be combined, as you said. I linked only one of them.

11 minutes ago, volpone said:

So @Miska considering your patch what is missing from Amanero, the community, or DAC makers, to release long waited native DSD Linux driver (DSD512 enabled) ? 

The patch requires Amanero to release a stable firmware.  The current firmware is stable up to 256 only.

17 minutes ago, volpone said:

For me it works with one of the current firmware versions on my DSC1 board it works up to DSD256, with the exception that mute behavior is horrible (lacking the 50ms grace time) so there's quite a bit of snap'n'pop at start/stop. The newer firmware with fix for this doesn't indicate DSD at all, so DSC1 stays on mute all the time (to output anything it requires DSD indication and MUTE off).

DSD512 signal timing is off, so it just results in noisy output.

What is missing is a firmware version that has working DSD indication, MUTE and DSD512...

P.S. When people demand BE variant of the firmware, the MCU probably runs out of steam doing all the thing and swapping byte order. So maybe with the demands for BE support it run at dead-end. (HQPlayer is completely happy with LE, actually requiring less processing at both sides)