IGNORED

Woman vocals - suggestions

Tinpan Orange

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1461556185.977660.jpg

A Melbournian sister+brother folk trio complete with violin

Emily's voice never fails to wrap me in a nice warm blanket.

I'm looking forward to seeing them again live in June.

Live -

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Ciao, everyone. Just back from five CA less months in SE Asia and happy to jump in with this one...Jacky Terrasson is the musical director with super talented Stéphane Belmondo and Thomas Bramerie on board...thoroughly lovely music

download.jpeg

streaming on Qobuz

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

• 3 months later...

Jenna Mammina.... Just discovered her!

Her voice is amazing and so beautiful. In her new album "Close your eyes" Jenna makes 1970s songs like "Hope that I don´t fall in love with you" by Tom Waits and "You can close your eyes" by James Taylor her own with a voice that embraces your whole being. You can get it in high resolution DSD, 9624 WAV and FLAC at http://bluecoastrecords.downloadsnow...lose-your-eyes

A little fun with the incompareble Jennifer Nettles of country musics Sugarland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUElqcOupAc

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Slow it down a bit with the hauntingly beautiful song Stay also written by Jennifer

A must listen.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Another new female vocal to try out is Jenna Mammina. She has an album called Close Your Eyes which is available in high resolution FLAC, DSD, etc. and all the high res formats.

I think she sounds a lot like Norah Jones but you will hear from the album a wide variety of songs with very good instrumental backing from piano to sax, etc. Definitely one for a Friday night with a glass of red wine!

Available from Blue Coast Records: http://bluecoastrecords.downloadsnow.net/close-your-eyes

Jenna-Mammina_Close-Your-Eyes_Cover.jpg

Another new female vocal to try out is Jenna Mammina. She has an album called Close Your Eyes which is available in high resolution FLAC, DSD, etc. and all the high res formats.

I think she sounds a lot like Norah Jones but you will hear from the album a wide variety of songs with very good instrumental backing from piano to sax, etc. Definitely one for a Friday night with a glass of red wine!

Available from Blue Coast Records: http://bluecoastrecords.downloadsnow.net/close-your-eyes

Jenna-Mammina_Close-Your-Eyes_Cover.jpg

Great album, and it's on sale currently. I'm not sure I agree with the Norah Jones comparison though. Perhaps this is how she'd sound if recorded by Cookie.

One of a few cd's that i paid full retail for....

If you like eva cassidy, the way her voice sounds like it's going to break but she continues in tune, you may like

Great recommendation. I just bought one of her albums from Amazon. Unfortunately Amazon only has 1 of her albums available. I need to find out where I can get her other albums.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Breaking in a new DAC with mostly high resolution versions of:

Rickie Lee Jones - Traffic from Paradise, Pirates (Depressing), Rickie Lee Jones (Debut), Flying Cowboys.

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat, the Hunter (Those two could be audiophile test discs)

Joni Mitchell - Song for a Seagull, Court and Spark, Blue

Lucinda Williams - West, Carwheels on a Gravel Road

Joan Armitrading

Aretha Franklin - Just about anything in HD

Carole King - Tapestry

Fairport Convention (Sandy Denny and Richard Thompson) - Liege and Lief, Unhalfbricking

Richard and Linda Thompson - Shoot out the Lights

and of course, Jefferson Airplane (Surrealistic Pillow, Volunteers, Crown of Creation)

Roon/Jriver 22 -> Ayre QX-5 Twenty -> Ayre AX-5 Twenty -> B&W N802D (Transparent Cables)

Breaking in a new DAC with mostly high resolution versions of:

Rickie Lee Jones - Traffic from Paradise, Pirates (Depressing), Rickie Lee Jones (Debut), Flying Cowboys.

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat, the Hunter (Those two could be audiophile test discs)

Joni Mitchell - Song for a Seagull, Court and Spark, Blue

Lucinda Williams - West, Carwheels on a Gravel Road

Joan Armitrading

Aretha Franklin - Just about anything in HD

Carole King - Tapestry

Fairport Convention (Sandy Denny and Richard Thompson) - Liege and Lief, Unhalfbricking

Richard and Linda Thompson - Shoot out the Lights

and of course, Jefferson Airplane (Surrealistic Pillow, Volunteers, Crown of Creation)

This man likes girls, that's good. LOL ;)

Well, they aren't exactly girls anymore. In fact, Sandy Denny died two years before I was born...but nevermind!

I've heard some guys like to pop a cold one now and then.

OPPS!