IGNORED

Woman vocals - suggestions

Those three are re-writing the book on harmony. Huge fan.

Saw Sarah J here in Houston about three months ago, she was excellent. Posted a month or two back with a video of a workshop done by Sarah J, Chris Thile, and Aoife on vocals and singing. It's cool to hear them talk about the art of singing.

On another note, the new Camila Meza is excellent if you are looking for Jazz vocal.

Those three are re-writing the book on harmony. Huge fan.

Saw Sarah J here in Houston about three months ago, she was excellent. Posted a month or two back with a video of a workshop done by Sarah J, Chris Thile, and Aoife on vocals and singing. It's cool to hear them talk about the art of singing.

yeah, I love their sound. Thanks for reminding me of the workshop. Looks like Sarah Jarosz and Aoife O'Donovan will be part of the new Prairie Home Companion house band: http://http://current.org/2016/08/prairie-home-host-announces-new-house-band/

I am really liking the new Macy Gray album "Stripped" that she did for Chesky records. She has a very unique voice and I think the production is superb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D28ssy4c0o

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by beerandmusic viewpost-right.png

One of a few cd's that i paid full retail for....

If you like eva cassidy, the way her voice sounds like it's going to break but she continues in tune, you may like

Great recommendation. I just bought one of her albums from Amazon. Unfortunately Amazon only has 1 of her albums available. I need to find out where I can get her other albums.

----

Thanks, glad you like her...absolutely amazing. I usually buy on ebay if i can't find online.

I especially like autumn leaves.

Curious though, i see tons of eva's stuff on amazon..not sure why you couldn't find but one?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=eva+cassidy

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by beerandmusic viewpost-right.png

Curious though, i see tons of eva's stuff on amazon..not sure why you couldn't find but one?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=eva+cassidy

sorry for not being more clear. I was referring to Josefine Cronholm not Eva Cassidy. I already have all of Eva's albums!

BTW, Discogs is good place to get CDs too. Amazon has been my go to but lately I have been getting the wrong version of albums from Amazon. For example, I recently purchased 2 used, remastered albums but instead received the original. Of course this is not Amazon's fault as they rely on their sellers to properly list the albums but it seems Discogs is better in this regard.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just rediscovered Linda Ronstadt and I'm just stunned by her voice.

Plenty of her songs out there to choose from but this 70s vintage Linda is phenomenal.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I just rediscovered Linda Ronstadt and I'm just stunned by her voice.

Plenty of her songs out there to choose from but this 70s vintage Linda is phenomenal.

If you are into vocal jazz standards (The Great American Songbook), check out the three albums she did in the '80's with Nelson Riddle (What's New, Lush Life, and For Sentimental Reasons).

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

• 1 month later...