IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Using the app ( not website)

3. To add a custom URL, go to the library tab, and scroll all the way to the bottom of your Favorites list. 
4. Click the Add Custom URL button located at the bottom of the screen, and enter your desired URL. Click on Search.

There are no Custom URL buttons

Sorry about the outdated instructions, for the Custom URL button in the TuneIn smartphone app, please refer to:

Screenshot_2021-08-13-17-35-17-503_tunein.player.thumb.jpg.461c9539ae1b6826c92938775022c699.jpg

For BBC Internet Radio stations URL, please refer to:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/bpsib/67089b959e4fa898af69fea59ad74bc3/raw/66afe675421d912a4461d3d86abe1b30b1d041fa/BBC-Radio.m3u

After adding a Custom URL, please use Lumin app to update the radio channels.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

This is strange, you screenshot looks more like TuneIn web (browser) than native iOS / Android app.

I checked both the latest Android and the latest iOS TuneIn app, they both have "Custom URL" button when you choose the Library tab.  The iPad app looks not too much different from the Android app screenshot I posted above.

Please update your iOS or Android from app store or Play store.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Peter,

Neither the desktop Mac app, website or IOS have the screens you show.

I can see Favourites inside apps ( such as B&O on IOS) and they play BBC okay. But these Favourites do not show and therefore cannot play on the Mac desktop, Tunein website or IOS and, of Course, Lumin.

Perhaps they need a Premium account 

37 minutes ago, wklie said:

Please update your iOS or Android from app store or Play store

... might, instead, "Custom URL" be available to paying subscribers only? ;)
(I see a "Start Free Trial" in MaxH's screenshots)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Could you uninstall the Tune in app on iOS, then reinstall it by searching from the Apple app store again?

I confirm that I'm using a free account and Custom URL is indeed available on smartphone apps, but not on desktop app or web

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

8 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

... might, instead, "Custom URL" be available to paying subscribers only? ;)
(I see a "Start Free Trial" in MaxH's screenshots)

I'm only on a free account and had the button on the Android Phone version and the iOS tablet version of the app.
It's not under Favourites or Home, it's only on the 'Library' page.

I've only downloaded the apps for the first time today.
So I have working BBC channels here in the UK for the first time in a year or two!

Associated with LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player.

Please add another custom URL via iOS app.  Let it start playing on iOS, then stop it.

Open the TuneIn web, and verify that the custom URL is in your list of favorites.

In Lumin app, tap Update Radio Channels.  Note that the custom URL may not be found in the same order as you see in the web - in the web you may see it at the bottom, but in Lumin app there is a chance it may be found at the top (or elsewhere - we don't really control that, TuneIn server does).

I admit these steps are rather tedious and not very easy to accomplish.  It's also very odd that this functionality is absent on TuneIn web and desktop apps - where you'll actually have a full size keyboard suitable for typing long URL and easier to copy and paste.  I think we will need to add a support/FAQ page describing these steps.

I'll also investigate the feasibility of having core BBC channels as default for UK customers in the firmware, but still this does not solve the problem of UK customers not allowed to access some overseas radio channels via TuneIn, as TuneIn lost a lawsuit to Warner Music and Sony Music.  For those non-BBC channels, it seems that manual custom URL is the only way to do it.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

1 hour ago, LuminProac said:

Its there a smart way of triggering on my Cambridge cxa81 automatically when Lumin T2 receives a signal? That would be very convenient. Cambridge has a trigger in and out but lumin doesn't

Hi, I think you have tested the DACs of CXA81 and T2. Which one would you consider best for your own ears.

best regards

Nikos

On 8/13/2021 at 2:44 PM, MaxH said:

As I said earlier - the only place the custom URL shows is in the IOS app.

And . . .  yes, I have reloaded everything.

It's worth double-checking that you are using the same TuneIn account on all devices. The favourites should sync instantly (mine did across Windows/iOS/Android) to show the new radio channel.

Associated with LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:09 PM, wklie said:

That is correct.  Placing music into the L1 is like using a USB HDD.  When you unplug the USB cable, it turns itself into network music library mode.  It is not like a NAS because L1 does not support SMB service, so you cannot copy music from a computer to L1 via network.  For those who like to copy music files from a computer to the network music server via network, you'll have to use a (preferably fanless) NAS, or run MinimServer directly on the computer.

Strictly speaking a drive replacement voids warranty.  In case of Lumin product repairs, the original parts (including drive) must be present.  I should also mention that we never tested the use of SSD inside L1, although a few users reported success.

@wklieI'm thinking of getting an L1. What is the best way of moving NAS music files to the L1?

After my initial swap, I'll connect iMac to the L1.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.