IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

4 hours ago, wklie said:

A beta firmware for Radio Paradise FLAC, and more than forty other free FLAC Radio stations, is now available. For those who wish to try it, please let me know and state your Lumin model.

Although it is not going to receive a major version number change, I feel this is an even more important functionality than the HiFi upgrade of a paid streaming service (that is supposed to launch before the end of the year), for the simple reason that they are free and therefore can be enjoyed by all Lumin users without paying for another subscription. Some free radio stations are donation-supported.

I'm listening to it while typing this.

Yes please, Peter, if it will work with my S1. Thank you, David

5 hours ago, wklie said:

A beta firmware for Radio Paradise FLAC, and more than forty other free FLAC Radio stations, is now available. For those who wish to try it, please let me know and state your Lumin model.

Although it is not going to receive a major version number change, I feel this is an even more important functionality than the HiFi upgrade of a paid streaming service (that is supposed to launch before the end of the year), for the simple reason that they are free and therefore can be enjoyed by all Lumin users without paying for another subscription. Some free radio stations are donation-supported.

I'm listening to it while typing this.

Hi, Peter I have the U1 mini.

Other than Radio Paradise FLAC, in the upcoming firmware, there will be three free Jazz / Blues FLAC radio stations, and five free classical FLAC radio stations.

Working with Jazz Groove and their streaming platform provider, we will also support Jazz Groove Premium (paid) FLAC channels (there are five). I'm listening to it right now.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

30 minutes ago, wklie said:

Other than Radio Paradise FLAC, in the upcoming firmware, there will be three free Jazz / Blues FLAC radio stations, and five free classical FLAC radio stations.

Working with Jazz Groove and their streaming platform provider, we will also support Jazz Groove Premium (paid) FLAC channels (there are five). I'm listening to it right now.

No Classical?

I would really appreciate consideration for the following 3 stations:

465434235_ScreenShot2021-09-10at12_09_22PM.jpg.e3dfe1b3f6bbf9aecff7076657fa058f.jpg1531872870_ScreenShot2021-09-10at12_08_59PM.jpg.e6c22691bc5e7ba70fe1ff49fb58c58b.jpg

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

Peter… is there a way to know what resolution is my U1 Mini getting via AirPlay from Apple Music on my iPad? (DAC is a Metrum and has no display)

thanks

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

8 hours ago, pl_svn said:

Peter… is there a way to know what resolution is my U1 Mini getting via AirPlay from Apple Music on my iPad? (DAC is a Metrum and has no display)

Lumin AirPlay1 always uses Apple Lossless 16/44.1.

If you use an AirPlay2 device (not Lumin), Apple Music AIrPlay gives you AAC 44.1kHz instead.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

6 hours ago, wklie said:

Lumin AirPlay1 always uses Apple Lossless 16/44.1

I know that's how it should be, Peter: thanks. just... asked because a lossless file from Apple Music, sent to the Lumin via AirPlay, sounds *extremely* poor compared to the very same track in my local library, sent to the U1 Mini by Roon, so I fear there's something wrong along the way 😐

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

In Apple Music app, please disable Sound Check, EQ, and Dolby Atmos.  Enable Do Not Disturb.  Set Volume to Max.

You may also try a direct USB connection from the iPad to your USB DAC.  If your iPad has a lighting port, use the authentic Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

33 minutes ago, wklie said:

Enable Do Not Disturb

😐

(everything else was already set as you suggested)

33 minutes ago, wklie said:

You may also try a direct USB connection from the iPad to your USB DAC

right what I'm trying to avoid: not using my beloved Lumin 😉

(in case, if I can't find a better solution... I'll rather go back to many years ago and use a Mac mini/USB DAC. if and when Music app will automagically manage resolution changes 🙄)

btw... for the moment I'm just trying to see if I can move from Qobuz (they just **stole** me 70€ with their two price rebates in 10 months) to Apple Music. and... struggling 😶

headphones system:

@wklieJazz Groove website doesn't mention Lumin yet. If I get a premium subscription, how do I incorporate it into Lumin App. I don't see it listed in version 14.2. I see tunein and I see the free flac stations, but nothing obvious about Jazz Groove.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.