IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

@wklie Peter... just out of curiosity... noticed my U1 Mini's hardware version changed along time: was 1010 when I bought it and found it to be 104010 now 😶

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

👍

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

For those who heard a difference between Tidal Connect and Tidal via Lumin app, please kill / force stop the Tidal app after starting playback. See if the SQ improves, and let me know.

Killing the Tidal app will not affect your Tidal Connect play queue because it’s in the cloud.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

7 hours ago, wklie said:

Lumin is Tidal Connect certified.

Official Lumin firmware 14 is released to support Tidal Connect for models X1 T2 U1 U1MINI.

Those who were running the beta firmware should have received instructions from me about upgrading to official firmware. If not, please PM me.

Thank you. Any significant improvement in MQA decoder from new firmware?

The MQA decoder we used before was stable and robust for our needs, but the version was fairly old.  I felt it's time to get an update.  I don't know what is changed internally, but even if I did I could not tell anybody.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

48 minutes ago, wklie said:

The MQA decoder we used before was stable and robust for our needs, but the version was fairly old.  I felt it's time to get an update.  I don't know what is changed internally, but even if I did I could not tell anybody.

Or you'd have to kill us.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

I have been using LUMIN U1 mini with usb output to myterk brookyln + dac and work perfect.
Things changed after I upgraded the firmware to V14.0 yesterday. The U1 cannot recognised the brookyln + via usb output anymore. I tried connecting it with coaxial and optical and both work fine. On my LUMIN app, the “usb output” setting disappeared - see attached pic. Is there something I can do to solve the problem? I have reconnected all the audio and power cables but still the same.

thanks in advance for any advice.

jimmy

84FC3F94-44A7-4B40-AE82-E23DD3EB7641.png

25 minutes ago, jimmy12345 said:

On my LUMIN app, the “usb output” setting disappeared - see attached pic. Is there something I can do to solve the problem? I have reconnected all the audio and power cables but still the same.

There has never been a USB output setting, because USB is automatically detected.

I'll look into this and make one or more beta firmware for you to try for the issue with Mytek.

Meanwhile, please show me a screen capture of the Lumin app About of U1 MINI, where there should be a firmware version and some USB VID PID info, etc.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

30 minutes ago, jimmy12345 said:

Many thanks for the prompt reply, Peter. Here is the screen cap…

Please turn off Custom Re-sampling and turn off Volume Control setting, and see whether 44.1kHz, Hi-Res PCM files and DSD files play via USB or not.

If it does not play via USB, does the progress circle move, i.e. the app shows that it's playing but there is no sound from USB, or the progress circle does not move at all?

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Peter,

Custom re-sampling and volume control are off. Still no sound from usb output.

The progress circle on both the U1 mini and the app is moving when it’s via usb output (still no sound), and one thing abnormal is that when I turn off the dac, the progress circle is now still moving, while before the firmware upgraded, the circle immediately stopped when the dac is turned off.

Thanks Peter.

Jimmy

Meanwhile, please try this:

Please power down both the Lumin and the DAC.  Disconnect the USB cable.  Power up them both.  Switch the DAC to USB input.  After the Lumin is powered up with a circle shown on the front panel, reconnect the USB cable.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

5 hours ago, ZombieMelvile said:

I have my auto Update on , but didn't receive the new update yet , tried powering down  U1 Mini  few times ,no luck. any ideas

Firmware update service to be resumed soon.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead