IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

With the L1, there is only one to copy files to the L1 - by connecting a USB cable to the computer and do a file copy over USB.  Once it's completed, safely eject the L1 USB HDD, then disconnect the USB cable.  The L1 should turn itself into a network (UPnP) library.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Would it be possible to allow us users to enter our own "Station Name" and "URL"?  A list limit of 10 or 20 would do nicely...

By the way...  Thank you for all of your excellent support!!!

A digital dude trapped in an analogue body...

MacBookPro (Roon or Audirvana or MinimServer) > Wifi/ethernet > or iPhone Xs (Lumin App) > Wifi/ethernet > Lumen U1 Mini > Chord Qutest > PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Tubed Pre > McIntosh MC152 SS Amp > Martin Logan ESLs > Treated Room...

8 hours ago, ddude003 said:

Would it be possible to allow us users to enter our own "Station Name" and "URL"?  A list limit of 10 or 20 would do nicely...

For AAC/MP3 radio stations, you may enter a URL via TuneIn custom URL function from TuneIn mobile apps (but not web or desktop app).

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Updates

Lumin App on Android. Oh, what a bother, takes about 10s to boot up, screen is not populated. Finds Minimserver library, but not the U1.

Vanishes from the screen, phone goes to home page. Try again, still can't find U1. iOS iPad was the last controller, works fine.

Android phone Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Model SM-N976B, Android Version 11, security level July-01-2021.

Minimwatch- Every now and again minimwatch would go grey. Switched off IPV6 protocol on client machines and Server. Now is behaving better.

Adding new albums: Still taking too long, about 20-40 minutes to add new albums, usually 2-4 albums daily, using update Music Library. Rescan takes less than 20s.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

That's unexpected.  I think one of my coworkers use a Samsung S10 (or S20, need to verify and did not experience the problem of not finding the Lumin player.

Please turn off IPv6.  In Roon forum there are several reports that IPv6 caused some problems.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

17 hours ago, wklie said:

For AAC/MP3 radio stations, you may enter a URL via TuneIn custom URL function from TuneIn mobile apps (but not web or desktop app).

I am well aware of TuneIn and its shortcomings...  And I still believe that it would be nice to directly enter a handful of custom URLs instead of asking you to hardcode them into an app, be them AAC/MP3 or FLAC...

A digital dude trapped in an analogue body...

MacBookPro (Roon or Audirvana or MinimServer) > Wifi/ethernet > or iPhone Xs (Lumin App) > Wifi/ethernet > Lumen U1 Mini > Chord Qutest > PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Tubed Pre > McIntosh MC152 SS Amp > Martin Logan ESLs > Treated Room...

I confirm that my coworker is using a Samsung S10 Android 11, it can see the Lumin players we have.

Another new user has Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G Android 11, S21 5G Android 11, and Tab S2 SM-T813 Android 7.  All can see the Lumin player he has.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hi Peter

I see my iphone and ipad have updated to 7.0.5 which gives the great option of putting the controls at the bottom of the screen for the iphone. Unfortunately I have lost the ability to pause radio. The pause button has disappeared. I deleted and reinstalled the app but no dice. Any ideas?

(you may already be aware of this bug and in that case my apologies, happy to wait for the fix)

Updates to listening mechanisms.

Yes, IPV6 switched off improves the actual on time of Minimserver. However all is not good with Minimserver and the iOS Lumin app even before the current drama. To add *two* albums took close to 3 hours to add, this is update music library. Rescan Minimserver takes only a few seconds, but dragging the albums in is another story. Had enough of the BS. Minimserver is stood down. For fun, installed fidata, thank goodness it's free, it can only select artists from AAA to ED, that's it. Can't find any more. Useless, not recommended.

I do have a license for Jriver 27 so installed that on the music server, and the JRemote on the iPad. Music to the Lumin is straight through, works at all sample rates through the U1 to DSD128. Sound height is pretty good. Only a few clicks from the relay on sample rate change, but on album play, there's no relay clicks from the DAC. Easy to find music, and play, not that fond of playlists, just play from the album or track.  Still early days and getting used to the sound.

Not going to recommend JRiver as such since the management, like Roon, is staffed with bovver boys, but musically it works, and is the least dramatic, compared to Roon or other players such as....

Audirvana is just too clunky and paying money for something that doesn't work, and waiting that it will work out is not my idea of enjoyment .

HQPlayer doesn't work for DLNA devices, it's out of contention, and its interface is a pig to work with regard to select music, and not going to mention the mess with selecting filters, modulators and all the other necessary learning that need to be completed. Just *too hard*. 

7 hours ago, One and a half said:

7 hours ago, One and a half said:

Not going to recommend JRiver as such since the management, like Roon, is staffed with bovver boys, but musically it works, and is the least dramatic, compared to Roon or other players such as....

I've used JRIver for many years and will probably continue to do so.  BTW, what's a "bovver boy"?

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

2 minutes ago, Ropet said:

According to Lexico, Oxford:

• A young man, especially a member of a skinhead gang, who takes part in violent criminal activities; a hooligan; (later more generally) a man perceived as tough or aggressive.

Oh my!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

15 hours ago, One and a half said:

However all is not good with Minimserver and the iOS Lumin app even before the current drama. To add *two* albums took close to 3 hours

It sounds more that something else is wrong. If Minimserver works like you say, it should be widely known. I have run both Minimserver and Minimserver 2 in both laptops and in NAS (Synology) for quite some time using iOS for the Lumin app. Upload of a new album over the network takes few seconds 100 mbits/sec. I have never encounted what you describe. My pieces of advce is that you contact Minimservers helpdesk. They are very helpful and replies normally comes within 24 hours.

2 hours ago, Ropet said:

It sounds more that something else is wrong. If Minimserver works like you say, it should be widely known. I have run both Minimserver and Minimserver 2 in both laptops and in NAS (Synology) for quite some time using iOS for the Lumin app. Upload of a new album over the network takes few seconds 100 mbits/sec. I have never encounted what you describe. My pieces of advce is that you contact Minimservers helpdesk. They are very helpful and replies normally comes within 24 hours.

Thanks for the note. I wish it was simpler, the install of MiniMserver was default, other than to add the license in, and to advise where the media files are, that's it as far as the install went.

Much pi$$ing about was with Java, and letting that through the firewall, since each version of Java has a different folder for the version. The sooner Minimserver removes that overhead, the better.

Since the slow to index is shown at the Lumin end, that's where the fault is? In any case, to record the settings, screen shots, and document the problem is, to me, a lot of work, for something that may not be Minimserver's problem. As an experiment, I use VLC to load Minimserver's files and it loads, but that's not how to listen to music, it's easier using Explorer and use a local player instead.

21 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Yes, the word bovver is from an accented pronunciation of bother, "Guv, ya lookin' to cause 'bovver?'"

Audiophilestyle is bloody fantastic on so many levels!