Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, Jud said:

After I did, a remark (from someone else, I believe) about Ukraine in one of the songs reminded me that there'd been some news regarding Waters' statements about the war.

The irony of the whole thing IMO lies also in the fact that his father (so often mourned by Waters in his songs) died in a war started by a country with similar to Russia's imperialist ambitions (back then).. It is a bit like saying - we shouldn't have fought against the nazis. 

2 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

I read Waters' FB statement about the war. About how Ukraine should 'give peace a chance', give up resistance, etc. Well, what can I say. It was painful. I guess reading this while living in a city with total blackouts under the minute-by-minute threat of a missile attack really hurts. Honestly, I even wrote a comment on his page. And pretty soon I deleted it. Neither I nor anyone else can change his thoughts. Nor can Waters himself do anything about it. Each mind is conditioned, and we don't create or choose any of our thoughts. We can only have compassion to each other because of this and stop blaming someone for something. I love Roger Waters' music and am happy to be able to listen to his recordings.

Sorry Chris, I can't read this thread earlier, have electricity for a hour now only and it will go off soon.

You most probably have me on 'ignore', if not - hold on bro, I really hope that with a little help from their friends Ukraine will prevail! 

If you're in a peaceful mood, or just wanting to listen to some lovely solo viola da gamba:

1663221480_jerome-chaboseau-the-spirit-of-lyra-viol-manchester-manuscript-2022.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.