12 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Haven't been a huge fan of Brahms until now. I absolutely love what I'm hearing.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2Vz

I'm the only one who believes the cover picture is weird? The table's too close to the clavichord, there's nowhere to put the seat. Instrument has no back legs. Shadows from the right pair of legs of the table are not from the window. The surface of the table is too much shifted to the right.

14 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Forget to tell. You may try "Volodos Plays Brahms". It received great reviews, also from our friends here.

Thanks, I have it!

37 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I'm the only one who believes the cover picture is weird? The table's too close to the clavichord, there's nowhere to put the seat. Instrument has no back legs. Shadows from the right pair of legs of the table are not from the window. The surface of the table is too much shifted to the right.

It also has very cold, depressive atmosphere. Just started to ask myself - is the woman going to jump out of the window.? 9_9

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

The author of the painting on the cover, Vilhelm Hammershoi, had many images in the same space. Here's one of them. His style was distinctively gloomy.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 14.41.03.png

These paintings are filled with dead silence.

Even the most 'crowded' one I've found:

image.jpg

Not my kind of painting.

5 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

Why is a clavichord in the picture at all?  Brahms would have played a modern grand piano.

One would have thought modern grand piano didn't exactly exist in Brahms' time. Wouldn't square grand piano like this be more likely back then in a domestic setting?

48151833856_a77a30da81_c_d.jpg

5 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

The author of the painting on the cover, Vilhelm Hammershoi, had many images in the same space. Here's one of them. His style was distinctively gloomy.

What's the difference between gloom and stillness? Is this gloomy?

48519346511_d09ca24bf7_c_d.jpg

How about these?

xteriors_xv.jpg

xteriors_xii.jpg

xteriors_vii.jpg

xteriors_x.jpg

54 minutes ago, accwai said:

What's the difference between gloom and stillness? Is this gloomy?

If stillness means perfect balance and peace, there's nothing gloomy about it. But words are just words, different people put different meanings in them.

P.S. Really like picture with table 🙂

On 3/18/2020 at 2:32 PM, kumakuma said:

Great album!

I'm sure you know this but there are two versions of this album - the original release and the soundtrack from the movie which is essentially Bruce and his band playing the album live in his barn.

BTW, I highly recommend the movie to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Thanks @kumakuma for turning me on to this version of the album. It played a huge role in my Ayre QB-9 Twenty review.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png