I am not the greatest Schubert-junk. But his music is growing on me. I could not resist this Matthias Goerne-box-set.

I must confess, I am impressed. The box with 12 disc's is beautifully executed, the singing/playing is gorgeous, the sound quality is very good. If you like music, give it a listen, forget it is "classic music", there is only good music (and the rest, said The Duke).

goerneschubert.jpg

I just discovered vibraphone player Chris Dingman.  You can get his entire catalogue on Bandcamp.

All three of his albums are very good.  Waking Dreams features a really solid line up with familiar names Ambrose Akinmusire – trumpet, Loren Stillman – saxophones, Fabian Almazan – piano,  Joe Sanders – bass, Justin Brown – drums, Chris Dingman – vibraphone.  The Subliminal and Sublime brings in Linda May Han Oh on bass.  The most recent album is Embrace.  Give them a quick stream and if you like what you hear, all three are a no brainer to pick up.

Front.jpg

Just listened to this for the first time on Qobuz. Good performance. Good recording.

71OA4XT32QL._SX425_.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)