IGNORED

I have had it with Roon, their lack of support, their user forum, and it's users...

@katools@AudioDoctor : oh no not at all—previously they or the guy in charge of censorship sent  me a PM and took me behind the shed for what I had written which was far worse than I wrote above — all I was asking do YOU think they could do something nefarious to anyone’s ROON. Sorry for my poor attempt at sarcastic humor and I hardly use ROON any more except to compare Audirvāna STUDIO 

34 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@katools@AudioDoctor : oh no not at all—previously they or the guy in charge of censorship sent  me a PM and took me behind the shed for what I had written which was far worse than I wrote above — all I was asking do YOU think they could do something nefarious to anyone’s ROON. Sorry for my poor attempt at sarcastic humor and I hardly use ROON any more except to compare Audirvāna STUDIO 

I recieved a pretty colorful PM from an admin/mod on the forum too. Of course, in private and made it so I was unable to respond... Like good cowards.

I don't think its impossible for them to mess with someones Roon, the proof needed would have to be quite convincing and I don't see that happening. If it did, and there were proof, it would destroy Roon completely, which is why I don't see them doing that.

edit: I am glad you clarified.

No electron left behind.

10 minutes ago, rn701 said:

Yes, absurd. Disclaimer: I'm the one that got banned for "trying to damage the forum." Sad that the COO has time to spend on the social media potential for their "community" instead of fixing bugs.

We learned in this new forum thread that Danny id a knife enthusiast and that he has learned a great deal about coffee from the coffee thread in the “off-topic” forum.  Priorities, m701!

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

I have been with Roon for 7 years,and will not be renewing this year.There forum is a joke.When you have topics about guns taxes,jesus in a audio forum thats when I say enough.And it seems like Danny from Roon is always in on these off topics.I was flagged and had my topic removed for saying It doesn't matter if you open a topic in support it will still go off topic.

1 minute ago, Miska said:

I would claim that the modulators in HQPlayer that you don't count in as "higher quality modulators" are still better quality than most other modulators you can find out there... For example ASDM5 and ASDM7 are already very good ones and don't take horribly lot of CPU power either. Although still heavier than some simpler ones out there.

Agreed. Which is why I almost certainly will buy a license once I find an ideal setting that sounds great but without dropouts.

The problem for me is psychological: I can hear differences with the EC modulators that make me ask myself, “Do I really want to buy yet another computer just for this application?”  Because, until I do that, I will always be aware that my system isn’t sounding as good as I already have heard it sound with the EC modulators. 😢

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s