IGNORED

I have had it with Roon, their lack of support, their user forum, and it's users...

54 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Is this happening to anyone else? The gray boxes can not be clicked on, and so far I have only seen them appear in "Discover"

Not here. (But i guess we all have different discover results). 

But I was logged off both Tidal and Qobuz when open Roon today. That has never happened before. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

AGREE-but let us not lose the FACT that ROON is all about censorship banning someone's remarks as inappropriate abusive etc regardless of how honest and correct they are...their support sucks it is always your fault your system your wifi etc--Danny and his cohorts act like spoiled 'helicoptered' millennials-where as Audirvana Studio support is outstanding-i lost everything tried all their suggestions which failed over several weeks and then THEY (Antoine/Damien) took over my Mac Mini and fixed everything including my Qobuz desktop app probs and Qobuz probs in AS

Roon could be so great...

No electron left behind.

Thanks for the nice remarks — not only did AS find/return all my tidal/Qobuz self made playlist but they found my lost/hidden iTunes library that disappeared when I upgraded to Catalina and Apple‘music’— it took me the better part of 2 NFL seasons to rip those 800-1000 CDs into my hard drive!! Thanks again for agreeing with me

14 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Been with Roon for 6 years.Have 8 days left on my yearly membership and won't renew.

I served a 2 year incarceration.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

On 11/9/2021 at 11:01 PM, Outlaw said:

Been with Roon for 6 years.Have 8 days left on my yearly membership and won't renew.

BTDT. Missed the added library info so I came back. And the preset EQ's for my Audeze headphones are a nice touch.

Plus Its nice to be able to use my PC for other things while I play music, can't do that with my preferred Euphony Stylus server

Oh  and it plays to my iPhone. etc, etc. Hard to feel incarcerated when one can switch between Stylus, HQPlayer, Roon or LMS

at a whim.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

5 hours ago, bobflood said:

No software is perfect but Roon for most users is the best that is out there. Just use it with HQPlayer and the sound quality will be excellent. As long as you are not trying to manage terabytes of music and you run Roon on a stable platform you will have a good overall experience. If you primarily stream vs a local library then Roon is really the best of what there is available right now. It is not in-expensive but all the metadata and functionality don't come cheap. Try to cut through all the noise here before you give up on what may suit you just fine. 

I have a 19TB local library (crazy, I know) and Roon manages it very well. And I run it on an old i7-3770S.

I don't use Roon's library (metadata) backup system. Instead, I just clone that server's entire OS drive periodically. But Roon's performance in finding and playing music and metadata in the massive library is not just good, but extremely fast.

Like I said earlier, what's good about Roon is great. Then there's the other things...

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

• 2 weeks later...