IGNORED

I have had it with Roon, their lack of support, their user forum, and it's users...

5 minutes ago, steveoat said:

How did you set up HQ Player embedded?  Is it on a dedicated machine?  Did you use HQP embedded OS?  The reason I am asking this is that I am building a new computer whose main purpose is to run HQ Player and am looking for an easy way to install HQ Player embedded.

You may not need to install HQPlayer Embedded at all. I have gone back to running HQPlayer Embedded OS off a USB stick on a NUC. Simple, no installation required, and the pc's main nvme ssd retains a Windows installation if I need to have access to one. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

37 minutes ago, steveoat said:

How did you set up HQ Player embedded?  Is it on a dedicated machine?  Did you use HQP embedded OS?  The reason I am asking this is that I am building a new computer whose main purpose is to run HQ Player and am looking for an easy way to install HQ Player embedded.

I have HQPE on a purpose built machine that runs Ubuntu server so I can also run CUDA and use an Nvidia GPU to assist with the math.

No electron left behind.

28 minutes ago, sjj said:

@AudioDoctor do you stream to a Yggy from HQP? If so can you share your filter options that you prefer. Thanks.

I can stream to the Yggy easily, I just change the output of HQPe on its configuration page. I prefer poly sinc gauss long for 1x rates and poly sinc gauss hi-res lp for Nx rates. Your tastes may differ

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, steveoat said:

And all of the functionality is usable?  (Wrong quote-- I am referring to Mike Rubin's quote regarding HQ Player embedded).

Everything that I use, anyway. I haven't tried Desktop with CUDA on a NUC, but I can't imagine that Intel graphics would accommodate code intended for NVIDIA hardware.  If that is important, add Embedded to a standard Linux install and get an NVIDIA card into your build.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

@steveoatHow to display in Minimserver different artworks for each disc in a multidisc/box album.

For first you need to manage the SET SUBTITLE tag, each disc (and all tracks of each disc) of a box should have its own metadata.

Tag editor sw can manage it, I use Yate/2manyrobots on macOS, you should check in you tag editor which name is used to map SET SUBTITLE.

Then you need to find the artworks for each disc of the box, once done embed the artwork in all tracks/files of each disc, and put the .jpg artwork file inside the folder of the multidisc album.

These are the .jpg files in the previous posted multidisc album (in the list there is a booklet.pdf file too but you can ignore it):

B62F3764-9ADB-4CB7-9ABF-2CAE76937A6A.thumb.jpeg.cdec7013772cd8c082a2daaaa7a0a847.jpeg

You need to put the album (box) artwork .jpg inside the same folder too.

Disc and album .jpg should be named exactly as the the names used in SET SUBTITLE tag and Album tag. Be aware of special characters, here you can find which they are and how to manage them:

https://minimserver.com/ug-library.html#Artwork
https://minimserver.com/ug-library.html#Illegal filename characters

MinimServer uses a special tag named DISCSUBTITLE to obtain the results shown in my previous post

In order to remap/rename SET SUBTITLE into DISCSUBTITLE you need to use the aliasTags property as follows:

aliasTags = SET SUBTITLE:DISCSUBTITLE 

40E077AE-E1E3-4F34-A15C-4EDFCE6C26F3.thumb.jpeg.deabb9710c18314dac8947285945d97c.jpeg

Should you like to browse into subtitles you need to add in indexTags property DISCSUBTITLE:Album Subtitles where Album Subtitles can be a name of your choice

FDC7E8EA-4FB1-45B3-889D-F53F6BFC7C67.thumb.jpeg.9980149c0dd8b366db950c387794d14e.jpeg

You should set Album tag too in indexTags property.

Once you’ve done this you’ll obtain the “root” view of Minimserver in Lumïn app as follows (red and yellow boxes)

FDBE5518-876B-4376-BAEB-0A4863D891CC.thumb.jpeg.702cbf4e30827764d65d9c22bb375b4e.jpeg

That’s all … should you need some more help feel free to ask 

Stefano

My audio system

@steveoatto use HQPlayer embedded with Lumïn app you need Bubbleupnpserver that can be installed on the same pc/nas where Minimserver is running.

It is needed as Lumïn app needs OpenHome compatibility and Bubbleupnpserver can provide it.

To configure HQPlayer embedded in Bubbleupnpserver is very easy, once installed reach the configuration page using ip-address:58050 where ip-address is the ip address of the pc/nas where Bubbleupnpserver is running, select Media Renderers tab and configure the HQPlayer entry

D8C6E224-7051-40F4-A6E0-BAC9D8C21A75.thumb.jpeg.89a1aa858eecbd95d9fd4b080dc9bc5b.jpeg

and you’ll find it in Lumïn 

8A330F99-7B2E-4A0D-9ADC-B39AC345A83F.thumb.jpeg.744128cd2bf5d6689765e567f417b791.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

6 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@steveoatto use HQPlayer embedded with Lumïn app you need Bubbleupnpserver that can be installed on the same pc/nas where Minimserver is running.

It is needed as Lumïn app needs OpenHome compatibility and Bubbleupnpserver can provide it.

To configure HQPlayer embedded in Bubbleupnpserver is very easy, once installed reach the configuration page using ip-address:58050 where ip-address is the ip address of the pc/nas where Bubbleupnpserver is running, select Media Renderers tab and configure the HQPlayer entry

D8C6E224-7051-40F4-A6E0-BAC9D8C21A75.thumb.jpeg.89a1aa858eecbd95d9fd4b080dc9bc5b.jpeg

and you’ll find it in Lumïn 

8A330F99-7B2E-4A0D-9ADC-B39AC345A83F.thumb.jpeg.744128cd2bf5d6689765e567f417b791.jpeg

Thanks stefano for your detailed instructions.  For HQ Player embedded, which install did you use -- HQP OS or Linux.  If Linux, which flavor did you use.  When I tried to install HQP Embedded using Ubuntu, I kept getting errors about dependencies, and wonder if you could share some more detail about how you did the install.

2 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

@steveoatI use Hqplayer OS, just burn a usb stick with Balena Etcher and boot from usb ... done ... and no headache ...

You can get it from here, chose the one compatible with your pc: avx2 or sse42 depending on if your pc has support for avx2 or not

Thanks Stefano.  I will be using a 13th generation intel core i9.  Does this support avx2 or sse42.  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

@steveoat … to reach HQPlayer embedded configuration page use in your browser:

depending on you browser.

you’ll be requested for user and password:

user: hqplayer

password: password

Thanks Stefano.  I am having a PC built by AVA Direct.  They are waiting for parts.  Hopefully it will be here in the next weeks so I can try this.  Bruce

Two other notes:

- sometimes, I have difficulties using the default login and password. The easiest way is to login in the machine running hqplayer and change username and password. To do this, run hqplayerd -s followed by your login and password of choice. Let's say you want admin as login and music as password. You would run hqplayerd -s admin music

- if you are running hqplayer from any Linux distro (Ubuntu etc), to login you have to use the IP followed by the logical port 8088. So if the IP of your machine is 192.168.1.5, you would run 192.168.1.5:8088

Hope it helps.

5 minutes ago, jvvita said:

Two other notes:

- sometimes, I have difficulties using the default login and password. The easiest way is to login in the machine running hqplayer and change username and password. To do this, run hqplayerd -s followed by your login and password of choice. Let's say you want admin as login and music as password. You would run hqplayerd -s admin music

- if you are running hqplayer from any Linux distro (Ubuntu etc), to login you have to use the IP followed by the logical port 8088. So if the IP of your machine is 192.168.1.5, you would run 192.168.1.5:8088

Hope it helps.

We were talking about HQPlayer OS on which you can only change password.

No need of :8088 for HQPlayer (OS) embedded

Stefano

My audio system