IGNORED

I have had it with Roon, their lack of support, their user forum, and it's users...

8 minutes ago, jiminlogansquare said:

I guess I do  not know. I converted all my ALAC files to FLAC in order to get them to work with HQPlayer. Now I feel like I did myself a terrible disfavor. I think I might have destroyed much of my metadata in that conversion using dbPoweramp.  But you know what? I really don't care. This is a hobby. No lives depend on the results of how I sort my digital music library. Thanks to all of you who have att3mpted to help me. I really should have made a backup file before batch conversion of my music files. This one is on me

There are ways to get all the metadata and art pretty much corrected if you need it. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

12 minutes ago, jiminlogansquare said:

I guess I do  not know. I converted all my ALAC files to FLAC in order to get them to work with HQPlayer. Now I feel like I did myself a terrible disfavor. I think I might have destroyed much of my metadata in that conversion using dbPoweramp.  But you know what? I really don't care. This is a hobby. No lives depend on the results of how I sort my digital music library. Thanks to all of you who have att3mpted to help me. I really should have made a backup file before batch conversion of my music files. This one is on me

You have a back up, right?

No electron left behind.

I really can’t say. Not a satisfying answer, I am sure, but I have relied on Roon for the past five or so years, which pulls in its own metadata from online sources. I really can’t say today what metadata I encoded with those files, the vast majority of which are five to ten years old and predate my use of Roon.

To answer the question with certainty would require me to pull together the old ALAC backups and review the metadata to compare to the metadata on the files after they got converted to FLAC by dbPoweramp.

What I can say without further analysis is that album art has disappeared from many of the albums when sorted via HQPlayer Linux embedded’s in-browser player and on the HQPDControl iOS app. There could be other reasons for this than stripping of metadata.

My many-years’ dependence upon Roon as a source for metadata is a huge confounding factor here. I am just sort of accepting the situation for the time being at least, because I can still see and play albums from the list view in the iOS app (under the “Dirs” tab).

33 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Settings > Storage > click the 3 dots to the right of your storage location > Edit > Automatic Scan Interval.

That option is not available in my version. It could be that I mount my NAS using NFS (vs SMB) on my Ubuntu Roon server.

A year or so ago, Roon was constantly scanning my NAS (blue spinning circle). When I was researching causes it was suggested using NFS instead of SMB and that cured the issue so been using ever since with no problems.

1 minute ago, ericuco said:

That option is not available in my version. It could be that I mount my NAS using NFS (vs SMB) on my Ubuntu Roon server.

A year or so ago, Roon was constantly scanning my NAS (blue spinning circle). When I was researching causes it was suggested using NFS instead of SMB and that cured the issue so been using ever since with no problems.

I am connected using SMB. I did not know this setting was even available until yesterday. If it isn't there in every version, it damn well should be.

No electron left behind.

16 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am connected using SMB. I did not know this setting was even available until yesterday. If it isn't there in every version, it damn well should be.

At least I'm not seeing it on my Roon server... Although I hope they are using inotify() or similar to watch the filesystem. But I don't think it actually works on SMB and similar network mounts...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I don't want to rain on @AudioDoctor's parade, but I've used Roon in his configuration since the app came out. I'm happy he has less/no issues, but that isn't the case for me :~(

Just one from last night. I was listening to Roon and playback stopped for no discernible reason, then stated up again. I switched to using the Bluesound app, playing to the same Bluesound endpoints, and everything worked perfectly. Must be my network :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't want to rain on @AudioDoctor's parade, but I've used Roon in his configuration since the app came out. I'm happy he has less/no issues, but that isn't the case for me :~(

Just one from last night. I was listening to Roon and playback stopped for no discernible reason, then stated up again. I switched to using the Bluesound app, playing to the same Bluesound endpoints, and everything worked perfectly. Must be my network :~)

I know someone who says, Why you got to pee in my cheerios man?

ha, I just started Roon for the day and started it playing. We'll see if I have any problems.

Have you changed the scan interval?

No electron left behind.