IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

Thanks for providing the summary @matthias missed that until now. While I'm certainly not one of the bits are bits people by any means having heard differences sometimes significant between players, transports, DAC's etc it does beg the question how is it that different devices perform differently. In the groups conclusion paragraph quoted below they propose this question succinctly. Yet there are people who adamantly, dogmatically claim bits are bits and any differences heard so long as the playback is bit perfect is in ones head and imagined regardless of the equipment or software. Thanks.

"It is and remains fascinating that all four players claim to play bit perfect and yet sound different. Bitpefect does not mean that everything is right. Other things must play a role."

Two more quick comments. Curious they did not include HQ Player in this comparison given the enthusiastic following it has.

While I am still on the trial version of Origin, yesterday I finally had the time to compare Origin to A 3.5. Initially my expectations thought this might take an hour or so of back and forth listening to several tracks, but effectively it only took one track the differences were so convincing on my system immediately. The improved user interface, IMO makes the change worthwhile alone, but its a no brainer with the improved sound quality. 

The question is why or how is this possible? What on earth have they done behind the scene to render such differences. Thanks again.

8 hours ago, routlaw said:

While I am still on the trial version of Origin, yesterday I finally had the time to compare Origin to A 3.5. Initially my expectations thought this might take an hour or so of back and forth listening to several tracks, but effectively it only took one track the differences were so convincing on my system immediately.

Thanks for sharing, next month I will compare Studio to 3.5 with streaming from Qobuz.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess you were upsampling on that track? (Not home right now) but looks slow for a 4 mins song. Grey bar for me loads very fast then disappear, then replace by purple line advancing, like in studio when syncing in the top bar 😀

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

7 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I guess you were upsampling on that track? (Not home right now) but looks slow for a 4 mins song. Grey bar for me loads very fast then disappear, then replace by purple line advancing, like in studio when syncing in the top bar 😀

No upsampling. It's a 12 channel 24/352.8 track that's probably around 5GB.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Correct, no plugins on this one. 

- Not familiar with the dark purple either.  Upsampling to DSD512 with no plugins.  Best place to ask is Audirvana community forum.

- Click the square oscilloscope-looking icon on the left (above the timer for the amount of track that's already played) and you'll see the dynamic range of your track.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 11/20/2022 at 8:59 AM, matthias said:

Thanks for sharing, next month I will compare Studio to 3.5 with streaming from Qobuz.

Comparing both (upsampling deactivated) with an quite old MBP, High Sierra, 4GB RAM I prefer the older version. It is running like a Swiss clockwork, has less bugs and while Studio seems to offer more details, the older version is more organic sounding.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 12/15/2022 at 12:53 PM, matthias said:

You might be right. AS seems to be made for Macs with Mx chips.

Matt

I thought that Audirvana may have added something to the new version:

"The software and its playback engine have been optimized in the latest 2.1 update for both Windows and MacOS, taking advantage of the latest capabilities available on both environments. This applies to all Windows computers, and Macs updated to MacOS Ventura."

I upgraded my newer Intel MBP to Ventura, but did not notice any difference between it and the 2012 i7 Mini (Catalina). 

Anyone hear a difference with either Venture or the Apple chips?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this issue I am having has been addressed, but...

I had been using Audirvana remote on my android phone playing from my previous Windows 10 desktop computer. I have 

changed to a laptop, and now the remote does not recognize the laptop. Upon starting the remote app, the initial screen displays the "Connect remote" screen and "Connection in Progress" as usual, but then displays the "No computer was recognized" message.  On the initial screen, it shows "Connection in Progress to " "desktop

Desktop was my previous device. I don't see a way of changing it my new laptop device. I have tried doing a force stop, clearing cache and uninstalling the app, and rebooting the android and my laptop. Nothing works to solve my problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...

just received this message when opening AS never saw it before--anyone know what it means? My SQ has not changed.

this message appeared over the message that says: "Playback locks exclusive access to the audio output..."(in my case a Schiit Yggdrasil GS out to Schiit Ragarnok 2).

the message box says:

"SysOptimizer Error

There was an error executing SysOptimizer.Not all optimizations may be done.

Error=The operation couldn't be completed.(OSStatus error 22.)"

I never have seen this in all the versions I have had since Audirvana came out.

The only thing I have done recently is upgraded to Ventura OS 13.1.0.1

Again have NO problem listening or using AS and do not know what SysOptimizer is and all my other services/players work fine with no"ERRORS" popping up ie ROON/TIDAL app/Qobuz app.

if no one has an explanation I will  try Audirvana support/community they always have answers

thanks

@RunHomeSlow- Hi I already thanked you but Studio never notified me of the new update did it just now and had to install that 'helper' for sysoptimizer and all is well now but having that message come up as I described on previous version did it really have any effect on Studio as I didn't notice anything different in terms of sound quality or anything else?

You have always been helpful and thanks