IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

6 hours ago, Dandou said:

There's an interesting thread on Audirvana forum in which Studio users discuss UPNP issues with streamers, and post opinions on which streamers would work better with Studio : 

https://community.audirvana.com/t/auralic-recommended/31672

I will go trough this tread asap, thanks Dandou. Right now, I’m comparing Asset UPnP with AS, and so far: I could not hear a difference but I’m just starting to compare…(with my old ears). It seems to me that the Lindemann Limetree is doing a very good job with it’s Femto clock/signature. All the music files from one site, or the other, are going out in native resolution (letting my Chord Qutest doing his work).

I brought this up in Qobuz official forum thread, and @bobbmd suggested I come here. Damien/Antoine can you help?

Years ago I opened a qobuz France account in order to download music. This was before the streaming service was available in the USA. I never had a streaming account, just a download account. I never used a VPN.

Now that I want to try the USA streaming service through my new Audirvana Studio account, I can't. I can't use my Audirvana voucher for the 3 month free trial.

Furthermore, the web browser keeps coming up in French and there is no way I can reset this.

I want to try the streaming service, but I can't because a few years ago I downloaded a few albums?

Can you help or tell me who to contact?

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @jos , 

Thank you for your post. This 11.1.0 release seems like a major update. 

I went to the forum of Audirvana to read some feedback about it, but strangely, 17 hours after its release, no one posted even a single word about this release. 

Please, let us know if the new features of this release work fine. 

I might subscribe to AS for a month to give it a try. 

As a new Audirvana Studio subscriber, I was pleasantly surprised to see the update. I installed it and it ran smoothly.

I was hoping to see an update to Audirvana Remote. AR never seems to start up for me. It can't seem to find my mac mini upon startup, even though it is listed. I have to manually select the mac mini each time I start up. Sometimes it finds it on its own, but it's sluggish and slow and I never know if it will work automatically.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

On 2/16/2022 at 9:16 AM, Dandou said:

Hi @jos , 

Thank you for your post. This 11.1.0 release seems like a major update. 

I went to the forum of Audirvana to read some feedback about it, but strangely, 17 hours after its release, no one posted even a single word about this release. 

Please, let us know if the new features of this release work fine. 

I might subscribe to AS for a month to give it a try. 

Hi Dandou, I will do but I don't have so much time right now to test.

On 2/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, rodrigaj said:

As a new Audirvana Studio subscriber, I was pleasantly surprised to see the update. I installed it and it ran smoothly.

I was hoping to see an update to Audirvana Remote. AR never seems to start up for me. It can't seem to find my mac mini upon startup, even though it is listed. I have to manually select the mac mini each time I start up. Sometimes it finds it on its own, but it's sluggish and slow and I never know if it will work automatically.

Hi, it seems to me more a network issue, although mine is a bit sluggish too so now and then.

1 hour ago, rodrigaj said:

Definitely not a network issue.

In my situation the wireless circumstances are not ideal. Did you try an other radio-channel on your router, to get a better reception? It can be quite difficult to find out. 😞

12 minutes ago, jos said:

In my situation the wireless circumstances are not ideal. Did you try an other radio-channel on your router, to get a better reception? It can be quite difficult to find out. 😞

Testing with Fing at the exact location and time where you use the iOS device to run AR eliminates any doubts. It is not difficult.

My experiences, without any serious testing, are quite good so far 🤗; better to say: very good! 🥳 It’s a major upgrade indeed! Very good work from Damien, Antoine and all the others around him, although needed. I did put my subscription on hold some weeks ago, but that is over now. 

Even with MusicBrainz metadata turned off AS still analyzes your local files once.  So its one long analysis when you first point AS to your local library and then a very quick analysis when you add an album.  It would be nice if it never did it.

But ultimately its all worth it as I haven't heard a better player.  I stopped using MusicBee (w/ Fidelizer Pro and Process Lasso) and I only spent a couple of hours with Roon before dumping it.  Roon was a big disappointment.   Audio quality and their metadata.

3 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Question: why does it say 'Analyzing Audio Files' top right when I have deactivated Metadata Recovery?

I believe that AS gathers the metadata from MusicBrainz in order to enhance your user experience when you use Qobuz or Tidal by suggesting you artists and albums to listen to.