IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

On 2/25/2022 at 6:38 PM, bodiebill said:

If I am not mistaken, this is to switch manually from one filter to another for comparison. However I need automatic switching based on the source files' frequency.

Although I did not find it documented anywhere, it now appears that MConvolutionEZ does handle multiple frequencies. When I select the 44.1 filter (see screenshot above) -- and with the correction files for the other frequencies residing in the same folder -- it also convolves higher reaolution files, at least judging from the audible result. Alas for files with resolution above 96 there are frequent clicks and pops.

audio system

• 2 weeks later...

Another big step 😇🙏 from Damien and his coworkers!

Following today’s update of Studio, here is the change log of this 1.12.0 version:

MacOS:

• Library backup: Save local artists pictures

• Library backup: Save all playlists filters

• Playlist creation: Upon creation of smart playlist, open automatically the filters editor

• Folders view: Sort root folders by full path and not by device id

• Sorted views: Add shortcut button to change the first sort criteria (in the middle of the line at the top of the view)

• Local library albums view: Add expand all / collapse all buttons when the albums are shown grouped by first sort criteria

• Local library special views: Add CD quality entry (16bit 44.1kHz not compressed or lossless audio files)

• TIDAL myMix: Improve view by shrinking header when scrolling

• Albums view: Add a workaround for macOS issue when returning from expanded (“See all”) view, to proprely show all albums (or playlists) items in the view

• Other minor fixes

Windows:

• Library backup: Save local artists pictures

• Library backup: Save all playlists filters

• Playlist creation: Upon creation of smart playlist, open automatically the filters editor

• Folders view: Sort root folders by full path and not by device id

• Sorted views: Add shortcut button to change the first sort criteria (in the middle of the line at the top of the view)

• Local library special views: Add CD quality entry (16bit 44.1kHz not compressed or lossless audio files)

• TIDAL myMix: Improve view by shrinking header when scrolling
    Other minor fixes

Is the AS remote now available? I do not see it on the APP STORE (os)

MacPro 24 GB/8TB / A+ and Pure Music / LAMPIZATOR B7 as Dac and Pre w/volume control / Regen /Intona USB Iso/curious USB / Emotive Audio Sira / PASS Aleph P / D-Sonic M3 600 mono's / MIT / Shunyata Alpha HC, Alpha Digital, Alpha Analogue, Weizhi PR-6 / Exact Power XP15a-4 balanced power distributor / FOCAL Maestro UTOPIA III's in red/black

"In life's final analysis, one's relationship with his Maker is all that really matters."

I wonder if I did something wrong. My main listening SW is Roon which doesn't write file tags. For that reason I use Foobar2000 and I do a manual tag and rename. I use Musicbrainz as a source and everything is OK.

When Studio became available a main complain was the auto tag feature. But I thought that I could use it for my ease. So I create a folder, put there some albums and point there the Studio. Everything was recognized and I saw the link to Tidal. But when I switched to Musicbrainz Piccard to do the auto rename suddenly a lot of the files were unrecognizable.

Using Foobar I confirmed that. Only a few albums were 100% identified. The rest were partially recognized. For example 2 songs, 3 songs and so on.

Is something else that I'm missing?

47 minutes ago, Dandou said:

Hi @koupa

What happens to you is strange, because AS does not write anymore MusicBrainz ID tags to the files as it did in its beginning. 

Now, it offers you the option to display the metadata of MusicBrainz or not, but it does not modify the tags of your tracks anymore. 

I see my files modified on Sunday.

And the second option it has does exactly that. "Save recovered track ID in your local audio files metadata"

18 minutes ago, koupa said:

I see my files modified on Sunday.

And the second option it has does exactly that. "Save recovered track ID in your local audio files metadata"

Since you have little music in that folder, just delete your database or go first in preferences panels and export your playlists if you have some to somewhere on computer. then remove in the preferences Local and trash your music folder there... all music will disappear from main window... then go and delete the .sqlite file.

Just restart to be sure...

Open Studio, but don't add any music, click cancel or whatever...

then go in the preferences ands put at OFF the 2 Deadbrainz music preferences.

Restart Audirvana Studio and go back in preferences to see if the prefs are still at off, parano yes :),

then, if yes, add a music folder

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

45 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Since you have little music in that folder, just delete your database or go first in preferences panels and export your playlists if you have some to somewhere on computer. then remove in the preferences Local and trash your music folder there... all music will disappear from main window... then go and delete the .sqlite file.

Just restart to be sure...

Open Studio, but don't add any music, click cancel or whatever...

then go in the preferences ands put at OFF the 2 Deadbrainz music preferences.

Restart Audirvana Studio and go back in preferences to see if the prefs are still at off, parano yes :),

then, if yes, add a music folder

Nothing changed. I did what you said and AS didn't do anything with my files. It recognized the old tags that it wrote on Sunday and stayed there. Again partial album recognition. No MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID tag.

I wonder why is that. The albums I gave are normal and famous. How can someone miss Eric Clapton? And especially when I see the album review from Tidal inside AS.

If it didn’t do anything with your files, that was my goal 😀. Now it will not changed them anymore…

Trash your music folder that is a copy you took from your real folder to test at the time i guess… and put the same music albums and load them in Studio again, it will not modified them with those new prefs, i guess, mine were all altered at the time, i was beta testing for new version then, it made a mess for a couples of hundred artists albums in my hard drives 😞

Now i have corrected them all, and those 2 prefs are off,

all is good now for those bugs… still others around 😀

One thing i don’t do, is stream… tidal, qobuz, mqa, radios, only playing local flac and dsf, no bug.

oh, i backup my .sqlite every time i do a change or add a new CD before and after...

i never took Studio for granted or bug free

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

57 minutes ago, Dandou said:

Which ones? 

i decided to erased my post....

and deleted this one too... have a good night :)

6 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

If it didn’t do anything with your files, that was my goal 😀. Now it will not changed them anymore…

Trash your music folder that is a copy you took from your real folder to test at the time i guess… and put the same music albums and load them in Studio again, it will not modified them with those new prefs, i guess, mine were all altered at the time, i was beta testing for new version then, it made a mess for a couples of hundred artists albums in my hard drives 😞

Now i have corrected them all, and those 2 prefs are off,

all is good now for those bugs… still others around 😀

One thing i don’t do, is stream… tidal, qobuz, mqa, radios, only playing local flac and dsf, no bug.

oh, i backup my .sqlite every time i do a change or add a new CD before and after...

i never took Studio for granted or bug free

My goal was exactly that. To get the files altered. But I wonder why it didn't write the full tags since it recognizes the album.

I choose that path because AS in theory gives me the best tools. File tree based browsing and Musicbrainz. No other tool has that.

Tag&rename has file browsing but no Musicbrainz.

Tagscanner is the exact opposite.

Foobar has both but no auto mode and a lot of clicks

Piccard is very automatic and again no proper file browsing

6 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

It is definitely there … search Audirvana 

Thanks. I didn’t realize it was the existing logo and no download was needed. I was awaiting my computer to finish tagging so once it did it was ready to go. I really appreciate your response. Paul

MacPro 24 GB/8TB / A+ and Pure Music / LAMPIZATOR B7 as Dac and Pre w/volume control / Regen /Intona USB Iso/curious USB / Emotive Audio Sira / PASS Aleph P / D-Sonic M3 600 mono's / MIT / Shunyata Alpha HC, Alpha Digital, Alpha Analogue, Weizhi PR-6 / Exact Power XP15a-4 balanced power distributor / FOCAL Maestro UTOPIA III's in red/black

"In life's final analysis, one's relationship with his Maker is all that really matters."

Since ARemote has been brought up, I thought I would ask:

Has anyone had consistent results with its startup? With it's ability to locate your Audirvana server, without manual intervention? Seems I often have to tap "Select a Computer" on the startup page, except when I don't... IOW, it is very inconsistent, sometimes it starts up and finds the computer automatically, other times it doesn't. Once it find it, it works perfectly for the duration of the listening session.

I have Audirvana Studio on a late 2014 mac mini running Monterey 12.2.1 and an iPad mini gen 2 running iOS12. Firewall is off, Wifi signal is fine. IP address is consistent. MiniDSP SHD (OEM Volumio interface), is the LAN device.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

Know what is weird to me? 

Having to select "local" manually every time I start the application or the remote app, especially since I don't use anything but local files. 

Just having the ability to set "local" as a default would make for a much more pleasant experience. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s