IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

Anybody have strange cue sheet issues with Audirvana Studio?

Here is the audio imported into JRiver with cue sheet, versus Audirvana with same cue sheet. Strange that Audirvana splits Abbey Road into two albums.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.35.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.33.43 PM.png

Here's the cue sheet:

REM GENRE Rock
REM DATE 1969
REM COMMENT "Blu-ray Rip"
PERFORMER "The Beatles"
TITLE "Abbey Road"
FILE "Abbey Road.w64" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Come Together"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Something"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 04:20:55
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Maxwell's Silver Hammer"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 07:22:70
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Oh! Darling"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 10:50:82
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Octopus's Garden"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 14:18:03
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "I Want You (She's SO Heavy)"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 17:08:74
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Here Comes The Sun"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 24:56:08
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Because"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 28:01:81
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "You Never Give Me Your Money"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 30:47:43
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Sun King"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 34:50:05
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Mean Mr. Mustard"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 37:16:49
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "Polythene Pam"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 38:22:85
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 39:35:59
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    TITLE "Golden Slumbers"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 41:34:41
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    TITLE "Carry That Weight"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 43:05:90
  TRACK 16 AUDIO
    TITLE "The End"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 44:42:35
  TRACK 17 AUDIO
    TITLE "Her Majesty"
    PERFORMER "The Beatles"
    INDEX 01 47:04:28

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi @The Computer Audiophile , 

When I tried Studio, tagging albums with it was not really practical. For instance, I wanted to change the name of the Album Artist of all the tracks of an album, and it was just impossible. I had to do it track by track. So, it's better to use a tagger. 

I don't have Studio at hand, but I think that it's possible to group the albums the way you want by creating "smart lists". 

You have to choose "audio channels" as a filter for the smart list, and to set it to the number of channels that you wish.  

I can do it with Audirvana 3.5, so it should be possible with Studio as well. 

7 minutes ago, Dandou said:

When I tried Studio, tagging albums with it was not really practical. For instance, I wanted to change the name of the Album Artist of all the tracks of an album, and it was just impossible. I had to do it track by track. So, it's better to use a tagger. 

I don't have Studio at hand, but I think that it's possible to group the albums the way you by creating "smart lists". 

You have to choose "audio channels" as a filter for the smart list, and to set it to the number of channels that you wish.  

I can not do it with Audirvana 3.5, so it should be possible with Studio as well. 

That did exactly what I need. Thanks!

I created a smart list for 12 channels. Now I can browse by album based on number of channels from the Audirvana remote app. When doing this in JRiver my smart playlists only showed me the tracks in the smart list, not grouped by album (within the remote app). 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 hours ago, Dandou said:

I don't have Studio at hand, but I think that it's possible to group the albums the way you want by creating "smart lists". 

I can do it with Audirvana 3.5, so it should be possible with Studio as well. 

You actually can change for example the title of an album in one go: select Control-I, first select one track and then select all tracks (Control-A). Within the pop-up information menu you can change the title or whatever you like for all tracks. 

21 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to either tag albums or create groups of albums in Audirvana Studio?

I have albums that are 7.1.4, 5.1, 4.0, etc... that I'd love to have in different groups. This way I could browse my 7.1.4 content separate from the other stuff. 

You can: use the file label next to local, then you get a representation of your file hierarchy. If you label a file for example 7-1-4 and put all your 7.1.4 music in there you can see and select your music this way. If you also select the four little blocks on top of the menu representing thumpnail view and you also copy the art of the album on your album folder you get the same representation as you normally would in Studio!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 6:00 PM, Dandou said:

There's a new version of Audirvana Studio, and its name is Origin. It allows only to play local files. 

For this version, there's no subscription. 

The price of the license is €119.99. For existing Audirvana customers, the price is €89.99. 

Thanks Dandou, I bought it and it is just what I needed; only local files.

two ways, in info panel of your CD playing

or in preferences panel, there, you can do all your library...

could be long, if big Library, but can be let it alone all night doing it or while playing music  :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 3 weeks later...

While the sound quality of Studio is excellent, the stability of the latest version 1.13 ain't so great. I've had 3 mini dumps; the latest requiring the program to reanalyze my entire library while adding new titles.  Thank goodness I have reliable software to play my music like Roon or JRiver.  

Steve Plaskin

8 hours ago, Mercman said:

While the sound quality of Studio is excellent, the stability of the latest version 1.13 ain't so great. I've had 3 mini dumps; the latest requiring the program to reanalyze my entire library while adding new titles.  Thank goodness I have reliable software to play my music like Roon or JRiver.  

Been solid in my system, sorry it hasn't worked out the same in yours.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi, @Mercman, you might try Audirvana's own support forum at: https://community.audirvana.com/

Studio will be in its own category, as you'll see. I found at least one staffer (I presume) named bitracer who was very helpful with my Auralic/Audirvana issue. And at 10:30 p.m. PST he or she was responding to my posts as if we were having a conversation! YMMV. 

Oh and FWIW on my M1 Mac, to get a debug dump to sent to Audirvana, I had to wait for about two minutes through a SPOD (Mac's rainbow spinning pizza of death usually meaning app death) after clicking debug dump–total surprise, but in worked. And FWIW I see the SPOD for a brief moment when adding a song track to playlists in Audirvana Studio. So it goes...

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.