IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

What are your thoughts on cascading?  There is another device that can accept a 10M input with 3 outputs.

I'm a bit confused by the variable frequency outputs tho.

Q,What's the usage of 10M input and output?

A:10M input, can connected with 10M extern precise standard or synchronizing external 10m signals.

10M output, output internal OCXO frequency, if used external 10M ,output extern 10M signal,

and can be used by multiple machines in cascade。

I have a friend with an Antelope master and slave clock and he loves it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000748935888.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 9:00 AM, MartinT said:

My Canare LV-77S clock cables finally arrived. They are pretty substantial and come with very nice Canare BNC connectors. I slotted them in place of the LV-61S cables. It's early days but right away I can hear even more vibrancy, snap and another layer of low level soundstage.

Never mind good acoustic recordings, what it does for well constructed electronic creations like Yello's Flag, a truly wonderful album, has to be heard to be believed. Incredible layering and depth.

Who would have thought clock cables could make such a difference?

Not me.  But gave The Melody from Evidence Audio a try and am absolutely shocked by how much better it is than the LV-61S.  Thanks for mentioning the cable's contribution to good sound.  While I've found (copper) ethernet cables make a difference, which surprised me, I didn't think a clock cable would matter as much.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

I joined the party a bit late and received my unit earlier today. The first thing I did was open it to check if I received the OCXO I had asked for (the DAPU O55A-HSDD) and it is definitely not, but it is the same clock Roberto received as pictured here. I am noticing a slight improvement in imaging. It is powered by an LPSU 1.2.

It is the adjust version with all square wave 75ohm outputs. I'm using it with Ghent Audio's BNC cable which uses Canare 75ohm connectors but with Belden 1694A:

https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/e07.html

MVIMG_20200818_155549.jpg

MVIMG_20200818_160242.jpg

On 8/18/2020 at 11:20 PM, Exocer said:

It is the adjust version with all square wave 75ohm outputs. I'm using it with Ghent Audio's BNC cable which uses Canare 75ohm connectors but with Belden 1694A:

https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/e07.html

The Belden 1694A seems to be a very good choice. Blue jeans prefer it. I notice it also have dual shielding, but done differently than Canare LV 77S.

@MartinT Would be interesting if you could test the Belden version 😀

I’ve emailed Ghent about if a JSSG360 version is doable.

This would require dual shield with isolation between as I don’t think cable shield should be part of JSSG360 in a coax. 

Well, I can confirm that LV-77S sounds significantly better than 61S over extended listening. I use two very short runs (30cm) from BG7TBL 75 ohm clock to the ER and Mutec.

As for Belden, I'm done with ordering cables!

Coincidentally, I took delivery of a Wireworld Micro-Platinum Eclipse AES cable for Mutec to DAC duty. Amazing performance, it betters my previous AudioQuest Carbon AES cable.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu Deluxe streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. Uptone JS-2 PSUs x 2.  PS Audio P3 & P12 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

34 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

The Belden 1694A seems to be a very good choice. Blue jeans prefer it. I notice it also have dual shielding, but done differently than Canare LV 77S.

@MartinT Would be interesting if you could test the Belden version 😀

I’ve emailed Ghent about if a JSSG360 version is doable.

This would require dual shield with isolation between as I don’t think cable shield should be part of JSSG360 in a coax. 

I snagged the Belden cable before all of the Canare talk. I think it sounds great but who am I to judge... as I've taken closer inspection of my clock, it appears it did not come with the 75OHM connectors I requested... So even with an impedance mis-match I like what this clock is doing with the Belden cable, LPS 1.2 for power and only clocking the Etherregen.

Have reached out to the seller to confirm next steps but this is annoying :D. I only noticed it because someone PMed me to ask which one to get... and my connectors definitely appear to be 50OHMs based on the looks of it.

1 hour ago, Exocer said:

I have ordered this one as well : http://shop.geistnote.com/gnEAMLWC.asp#gsc.tab=0

Will report back any improvements/differences if I notice any.

Very interested in first impressions and also after about a week or so of settling in.  I'm currently using this cable.

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

2 minutes ago, Exocer said:

I purchased it because I saw you enjoyed it 😁.

:)  Hope it works out for you too...

75ohm

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

On 8/26/2020 at 9:14 PM, Exocer said:

I have ordered this one as well : http://shop.geistnote.com/gnEAMLWC.asp#gsc.tab=0

Will report back any improvements/differences if I notice any.

Here is some inspiration as well.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Video-Belden-Neutrik-NBNC75TU11X-Orange/dp/B07BZSXV35/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529410778&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=12G-SDI%2B75ohm&th=1

This tread have been interesting. Thanks to everyone and especially @MartinT  

I was total against external clocking. But for $92 and free shipping https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001245799329.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.358ed1dcNlVLxb I just have to try. 

I will get the FE180 clock. Not the DAPO. Hope is as good as DAPO. 

I will either power it with a series of two LPS 1 or a Gophert PS.

I think I probably use a 30 cm Belden Cable. Either 4694R or the older 1694A. However I’m considering JSSG360 to be applied. Looking forward to feedback from others. 

I wonder why not all digital interfaces could be fiber ? No more shielding, impedance and ground loop/noise discussions.

There should be some new standards covering this. HMDI / USB / SPDIF / AES/EBU...