IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

16 hours ago, zerung said:

MORION 89A (Frequency range 4.096 MHz ~ 10 MHz)  Offset Noise at 10Hz-155Dbc/Hz,   Double Oven 

Sorry, but you are reading the Morion datasheet incorrectly.

That -155dBc/Hz figure is at 10,000 Hz not 10Hz.  And it is for a 5MHz clock.

For a given construction the phase-noise generally worsens by 6dB per octave of fundamental. 
The MV89 datasheet shows 10Hz typical phase-noise as -130dBc/Hz for a 5MHz clock. So that will be about -124 for a 10MHz sample.

Basically the same as the DAPU (Which from the BG7TBL guy are for certain surplus pulled from 4G towers.)

https://www.morion-us.com/catalog_pdf/mv89.pdf

-155dBc/Hz at 10Hz from a 10MHz clock?  You’d have to pay at least $1,000, order 10 pieces and wait 20 weeks. x-D

Thanks for clarifying that, @Superdad.  I did think it was hard to believe such a figure.

Since the Morion is a double-oven design, it will presumably need higher current / separate 12V power.  I'll stay with the DAPU as it's doing more than I ever could have expected.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

7 hours ago, Superdad said:

Sorry, but you are reading the Morion datasheet incorrectly.

That -155dBc/Hz figure is at 10,000 Hz not 10Hz.  And it is for a 5MHz clock.

For a given construction the phase-noise generally worsens by 6dB per octave of fundamental. 
The MV89 datasheet shows 10Hz typical phase-noise as -130dBc/Hz for a 5MHz clock. So that will be about -124 for a 10MHz sample.

Basically the same as the DAPU (Which from the BG7TBL guy are for certain surplus pulled from 4G towers.)

https://www.morion-us.com/catalog_pdf/mv89.pdf

-155dBc/Hz at 10Hz from a 10MHz clock?  You’d have to pay at least $1,000, order 10 pieces and wait 20 weeks. x-D

Oops. Missed the 'M'. Thanks for the education @Superdad

Good to be humbled!

I do have the DAPU  and now waiting for the Morion.

The education made me realise that it could be a great Zoom idea to have a global sharing of your products.....tweaks, etc.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

What brand of cables are folks using with their clocks?

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

I don’t know much about reclocking. Do I need the Mutec and this Dapu too. What is the purpose of both devices? I thought the Mutec was a reclocker? 

I’m interested in trying to reclock my EtherREGEN. But not sure what all is needed. 

it looks like you need two linear power supplies as well one for each? 

What linear power supplies would you recommend? 

I’ve been experimenting with Dual USB reclockers to great effect. 

So I wonder how dual EtherREGENs would sound vs adding a reclocking system?

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

I'm asking my question in this thread since it didn't belong in the listening impressions thread.  Did you DIY your Canare cable?  I'm asking since I like the idea of a short cable, but haven't seen a pre-terminated 0.5m 75 ohm Canare cable.  The pre-terminated ones tend to be longer that 0.5m.  Thanks.   

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

7 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

Guys I hv the same clock! Found a solution yo the impedance without any Mods

Any one interested to know?

46E63E86-8068-48DF-ACDE-8BA8F355D16B.jpeg

Yes, please.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

5 hours ago, PYP said:

I'm asking my question in this thread since it didn't belong in the listening impressions thread.  Did you DIY your Canare cable?  I'm asking since I like the idea of a short cable, but haven't seen a pre-terminated 0.5m 75 ohm Canare cable.  The pre-terminated ones tend to be longer that 0.5m.  Thanks.   

I use five of my Mutec REF10 outputs, all 75ohm, with DYI cables. 

I use Furutech Fc-61, very well constructed, at $6.75 per meter (red or blue) :

http://www.bellatoneaudio.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=199

For terminators, I use Audioquesst Bnc ITC. You need to expose sufficient cable and push it on. Super simple. There's a YouTube clip. 

Later on, when I mastered soldering, I started doing just that. 

Your other option is crimping. 

Good luck! 

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

7 hours ago, sgr said:

I don’t know much about reclocking. Do I need the Mutec and this Dapu too. What is the purpose of both devices? I thought the Mutec was a reclocker?

Careful with definitions here: Mutec make two items, the Ref 10 master clock and the MC-3+ USB reclocker.

The BG7TBL OCXO with DAPU is an inexpensive master clock which can supply three 10MHz outputs.  I use two of them into my ER and MC-3+ USB.  The performance is incredibly good for the relative low cost.  The combined effect of clocking both is very positive.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

MartinT

You are absolutely correct. After 96 hours of burn in I connected the clock and switched the ER to external clock. The impact was immediate! Deeper Stereo stage, More impactful papable central image of vocals and or instruments. The orchestra or instruments/backing vocals on the left and rightr is now much more clearly heard. The music sounds louder, yet if you check the volume on you amp, it is the same as before. 

The Bang for Buck is unbelievable. 

See my impedance matching plug ins above. So far only 50ohm square wave into the ER. I will try sine wave now. 

When the 75 ohm adapter comes trials 2 way again.

Thanks MartinT - I was never going to go MUTEC, or the Japanese Clock way at 3000 - 5000 USD for the whole set incl. cables. 200USD is more my kind of budget.

26 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

I've been thinking about sending my EtherRegen to Pink Faun, to install their Ultra clock. Would involve some case work mods mind you. 

🤔 not sure how that would work? If it's for replacing the 575 oscillator it's same as if you connect it to the ext. connector only a sorter path.

Under development:

3 hours ago, RickyV said:

🤔 not sure how that would work? If it's for replacing the 575 oscillator it's same as if you connect it to the ext. connector only a sorter path.

Let's assume PF Ultra Clock is very good quality, like the Mutec. If the PF has much shorter path then surely would give better quality?

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

Let's assume PF Ultra Clock is very good quality, like the Mutec. If the PF has much shorter path then surely would give better quality?

I understand the sort signal path thing. The only way I see for shortest signal path is a clock in a box on top of the ER and use a U shaped BNC To BNC connector. No hacking into or chopping up the ER required. ⛏️:ph34r:🔪

Under development:

6 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

I've been thinking about sending my EtherRegen to Pink Faun, to install their Ultra clock. Would involve some case work mods mind you

Might want to check with Pink Faun to see if the physical size of their Ultra Clock will fit inside the existing eR case.  Their Ultra OXCO oven case plus PCB is >21mm, and eR external case height is 30mm.

4 minutes ago, elan120 said:

Might want to check with Pink Faun to see if the physical size of their Ultra Clock will fit inside the existing eR case.  Their Ultra OXCO oven case plus PCB is >21mm, and eR external case height is 30mm.

There is not a chance in heck that it would fit! Plus there is power supply and heat to deal with.

It is also most likely that the act of removing the Crystek 575--from its tight spot between the 'B'-side RJ45 and the BNC jack--will damage other things. The pins of our clock synthesizer are just 4mm from the 575--and tiny 0402 size capacitors on both sides of the clock.

The only way I could see doing something--to make use of the $1,400 Pink Faun Ultra OCXO--would be to get a 10MHz version and solder its wires directly to the two PCB pins of the EtherREGEN's BNC jack. Then set switch to External as usual.  But what really is the point of that, other than short wires, when one could just buy the the similarly spec'd Cybershaft for that amount.  Oh wait, I see that Pink Faun is not even offering a 10MHz version of their Ultra clock board. Only their less expensive ($620) OCXO board is sold with 10MHz--and for that one they do not provide any phase-noise specs (probably more typical, like what you get with the BG7TBL units--which are a deal because they use reclaimed from 4G tower clocks).