492ec5260c8990c770010630a32405c2.jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

N.B. NSFW

One December day we found an old straggly cat at our door. She was a sorry sight.

Starving, dirty, smelled terrible, skinny, and hair all matted down. We felt sorry for her so we put her in a carrier 

and took her to the vet.

We didn't know what to call her so we named her 'Pussycat.' The vet decided to keep her for a day or so. He 

said he would let us know when we could come and get her.

My husband (the complainer) said, 'OK, but don't forget to wash her because she stinks'. He reminded the vet 

that it was his wife (me) who wanted the dirty cat, not him. My husband and my Vet don't get along. The vet calls my husband 'El-Cheap-O', and my husband calls the vet 'El-Charge-O'.

They love to hate each other and constantly 'snipe' at one another, with my husband getting in the last word on 

this particular visit.

The next day my husband had an appointment with his doctor, who is located in the same building, next door to the vet.

The doctor’s waiting room and office was full of people waiting to see the doctor. A side door opened and the vet

leaned in - he had obviously seen my husband arrive.

He looked straight at my husband and in a loud voice said, 'Your wife's pussy doesn't stink any more. We 

washed and shaved it, and now she smells like a rose! Oh, and by the way, she's pregnant and God only knows who the father is. Then he closed the door. The silence was deafening,

Now THAT is getting even!

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

How about this for an old ad......

r/audiophile - Perfectly clear..

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

8 hours ago, botrytis said:

How about this for an old ad......

Could be a great ad for Barenaked Ladies.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, firedog said:

My recommedation: Just close your FB account, download all the info, and ask to be deleted. 

You won't really miss it, and you'll see fewer directed ads.

Completely agree.

All the same - I did this a few years ago. Now, recently - when I wanted to rejoin in order to participate in some walking/mapping the byways project - I am some kind of persona non grata. The auto messages you get suggest you are pariah - seemingly reserved for those who have misbehaved. It seems there is no way back in. You can't stir cold porridge with Facebook.

Still better off than on. So thumbs up from me.

6 hours ago, Jud said:

I guess the truth hurts, as far as Facebook is concerned.

It hurts Fakebook's finances. Fake facts spread faster and wider than truth. It's a fact.

4 hours ago, firedog said:

The Facebook algorithm doesn't understand sarcasm or satire, apparently.

For this reason I got there warning or something recently. 

I've been using Fakebook for two years only, when you are an expat if happens to be helpful.

Also good for a local business advertising.

But how can one treat FB as his main source of information or news..? C'mon....

Forbes - Facebook Spreads Fake News Faster Than Any Other Social Website.