IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

6 hours ago, ksalno said:

I have two ultraRendus and one micro. I just got back from being away 10 days. Before I left, all 3 devices were working fine and running 2.7. When I came back, only the microRendu is recognized by mySonicOrbiter and Roon. I removed both ultras from where they were installed and took to my workbench in the basement. I tried them both using a different network switch and using an LPS 1.2 to power them (9v). On one of them the LED goes from red to orange but the other one stays red. The one that goes orange is recognized by the Meraki managed switch but I can't connect to the http interface using the IP address. The other one doesn't even show up on my network. These were used to two different rooms and two different systems. No thunder storms this time of year, here. Not much I can do since I can't access the web interface on either of them. Any trouble-shooting tips?

Unless you get a green status LED you will not be able to manage them via your web browser. Your best bet to get them up and running is to order new SD cards from our website. Also, I would Ren the unit at 7 volts. 

3 hours ago, ksalno said:

Thanks, I ordered two cards earlier today, anticipating that might be the answer. Weird that two would go bad at the same time, while the microRendu soldiers on.

You can try your microRendu card in the ultraRendu to check.

On 2/15/2019 at 9:44 AM, vortecjr said:

If the DAC gets into a weird state power cycling it is what is needed. Rendu can’t sort it out and it will not stream becuase of it. 

This is happening quite frequently with me this year. Maybe it has something to do with the current firmware? I never had to reboot the DAC before and now I am always doing it almost every day. Very annoying. Rebooting the DAC does solve for a while. It is seems that something that was working is not anymore... :(

Is there maybe a way to reverse the upgrades for me to test?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Or is there maybe a way to adjust buffer size on the ultraRendu?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

10 hours ago, Matias said:

This is happening quite frequently with me this year. Maybe it has something to do with the current firmware? I never had to reboot the DAC before and now I am always doing it almost every day. Very annoying. Rebooting the DAC does solve for a while. It is seems that something that was working is not anymore... :(

Is there maybe a way to reverse the upgrades for me to test?

There are other things you can try. 1. Try selecting the output mode again in Apps / App Switcher. 2. Try selecting Save from output mode in Settings. 3. Try rebooting from the GUI instead of power cycling the unit. 4. Try updating the firmware on your DAC.   

7 hours ago, Matias said:

Or is there maybe a way to adjust buffer size on the ultraRendu?

@vortecjr and buffer adjustments?

I replaced the two SD cards in my two failed ultraRendus. The first one booted up fine with the new card. The second one didn't. The LED goes from red to orange but never goes green. Device is not seen by mysonicorbiter.com. Any other ideas?+

3 hours ago, ksalno said:

I replaced the two SD cards in my two failed ultraRendus. The first one booted up fine with the new card. The second one didn't. The LED goes from red to orange but never goes green. Device is not seen by mysonicorbiter.com. Any other ideas?+

Switch power supplies and check again?

On 3/13/2019 at 11:52 PM, vortecjr said:

There are other things you can try. 1. Try selecting the output mode again in Apps / App Switcher. 2. Try selecting Save from output mode in Settings. 3. Try rebooting from the GUI instead of power cycling the unit. 4. Try updating the firmware on your DAC.   

For HQPlayer output mode, what is the Save in Settings?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

5 hours ago, ksalno said:

Orange LED status means no internet access. I’m not thinking P.S. You could put the working units SD card in the not working unit. Not really thinking SD card and more a network issues as of know. 

22 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Orange LED status means no internet access. I’m not thinking P.S. You could put the working units SD card in the not working unit. Not really thinking SD card and more a network issues as of know. 

I took the SD card from the uR that is working and tried it in the other one. Got the same orange LED after rebooting. I checked the switch and it's getting an IP address, so it's talking to the router. I can also ping it. But the http server is not working as I can connect to it directly via the IP address.

3 minutes ago, ksalno said:

I took the SD card from the uR that is working and tried it in the other one. Got the same orange LED after rebooting. I checked the switch and it's getting an IP address, so it's talking to the router. I can also ping it. But the http server is not working as I can connect to it directly via the IP address.

Swap the units from one location to the other. You may also want to power cycle all the equipment on your network. You can also try different ports on the switch.  

35 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Swap the units from one location to the other. You may also want to power cycle all the equipment on your network. You can also try different ports on the switch.  

But I initially tried both units in the same switch. One worked and the other got the orange light. I tried the one that isn't working on two different switches, but will try a few more. I moved the one that is working upstairs where it is on another switch and it works fine there too. I can power cycle my router but I have over 100 devices on my network, so I not going to power cycle all of them.

13 hours ago, ksalno said:

But I initially tried both units in the same switch. One worked and the other got the orange light. I tried the one that isn't working on two different switches, but will try a few more. I moved the one that is working upstairs where it is on another switch and it works fine there too. I can power cycle my router but I have over 100 devices on my network, so I not going to power cycle all of them.

Try connecting the unit that is not getting a green status LED directly to your router. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Try connecting the unit that is not getting a green status LED directly to your router. 

Already tried that. I have a Meraki firewall/router that handles my FIOS feed and I plugged directly into one of the ports.

1 minute ago, ksalno said:

Already tried that. I have a Meraki firewall/router that handles my FIOS feed and I plugged directly into one of the ports.

The only thing left is for you to send it in so we can have a look at it. Email us so we can provide you an RMA number. Please include original purchase information. 

So I just upgraded to a new server and switch. I am now having a flashing red light problem on my ultrarendu connected to an ultra cap lps 1.2. I turn on the ultra cap and once the ur is connected and the ultra cap is green, the ur flash’s green and amber for a second and then starts flashing red or doesnt flash at all.

anyway my mr using a Sonore power supply, on a downstairs  ethenet line works fine and the ur works using the Sonore ps and the downstairs ethernet. 

The mr won’t work with the lps 1.2 either upstairs or downstairs

Is there any explanation other than a ps problem?

11 minutes ago, Browniesbane said:

So I just upgraded to a new server and switch. I am now having a flashing red light problem on my ultrarendu connected to an ultra cap lps 1.2. I turn on the ultra cap and once the ur is connected and the ultra cap is green, the ur flash’s green and amber for a second and then starts flashing red or doesnt flash at all.

anyway my mr using a Sonore power supply, on a downstairs  ethenet line works fine and the ur works using the Sonore ps and the downstairs ethernet. 

The mr won’t work with the lps 1.2 either upstairs or downstairs

Is there any explanation other than a ps problem?

Answer these questions yes or no.

1 micro works with lps-1 

2 micro works with Sonore ps

3. ultra works with lps-1 if no color of status led

4. ultra works with Sonore ps if no color of status led

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, soupcampbell said:

Can I use the Mean Well model # GS25A07 with the following specs to power my Microrendu?

Input 100-240v 0.7A

Output 7.5v 2.93A 22w max

Thanks for your assistance

The MicroRendu says 6 to 9 VDC, so 7,5 VDC is fine. 

(Amp isn’t an issue as long as you have enough, which you have).