IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

7 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

No. Please purchase a new SD card from our website.

Why do you recommend that without any further diagnosis?

The unit is already on 2.7. In fact I just ran an update last week and it was working fine. It just went dead one day when I was away from home. I keep my microrendu powered up all the time.

17 minutes ago, Zerstorer78 said:

Why do you recommend that without any further diagnosis?

The unit is already on 2.7. In fact I just ran an update last week and it was working fine. It just went dead one day when I was away from home. I keep my microrendu powered up all the time.

It's based on experience. It can be the unit, but a new SD card will rule that out most of the time.  

Would a faulty sdcard cause the microrendu to go into a condition that also triggers the LPS1.2 to go into the red light blinking mode? It sounds more like a hardware issue?

The SDCard still tests fine and I can access and read the file structure.

I would rather ship it back for a full-check and get the unit back working.

The last time I purchased the sdcard upgrade from you it took a very long time (over a month) to get to me.

1 minute ago, Zerstorer78 said:

Would a faulty sdcard cause the microrendu to go into a condition that also triggers the LPS1.2 to go into the red light blinking mode? It sounds more like a hardware issue?

The SDCard still tests fine and I can access and read the file structure.

I would rather ship it back for a full-check and get the unit back working.

The last time I purchased the sdcard upgrade from you it took a very long time (over a month) to get to me.

If you are in a difficult shipping location that will not change when we ship the unit back to you. The cards ship next business day...that is the best we can do. If you want to send it back you have to email the company you purchased it from (could be Sonore, SGC, Vortexbox UK, or one of our other dealers) and the unit has to be under warranty. FYI 99% percent of the time there is nothing wrong with the unit and it take longer get it back this way.   

2 hours ago, mbain said:

This post is to close the loop on posts 2027-2064.  I returned my Eitr to Schiit for evaluation.  They ended up replacing a defective circuit board.  Upon return and reinsertion of the Eitr into the playback chain all worked right off the bat.  So...Eitr at fault Ultrarendu working to spec all along.

Thanks for reporting it back to us. 

My issue is that I've just gotten a new DAC, an Audio Note 2.1X that I can't get my Ultrarendu to recognize.  I have the following path:  Using Roon on an I5 Sonictransport I send a signal to the ultrarendu via USB, and from there I have to convert it to a Spdif output before it goes into the DAC.  I do this with a Schiit Eitr, and when I go to sonicorbiter.com and then Apps, then DAC Diagnostics, that is what I see as the DAC, not the Audio Note.  I've tried powering down the Ultrarendu, and the DAC, but I'm not seeing the Audio Note listed as the DAC when everything reconnects.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

54 minutes ago, Donivey said:

My issue is that I've just gotten a new DAC, an Audio Note 2.1X that I can't get my Ultrarendu to recognize.  I have the following path:  Using Roon on an I5 Sonictransport I send a signal to the ultrarendu via USB, and from there I have to convert it to a Spdif output before it goes into the DAC.  I do this with a Schiit Eitr, and when I go to sonicorbiter.com and then Apps, then DAC Diagnostics, that is what I see as the DAC, not the Audio Note.  I've tried powering down the Ultrarendu, and the DAC, but I'm not seeing the Audio Note listed as the DAC when everything reconnects.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The UltraRendu shall see the Schiit. Not the DAC in your case.

Power up the Schiit first. 

Also I hope it’s ethernet that sends signal to UltraRendu, and not USB😀

25 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

The UltraRendu shall see the Schiit. Not the DAC in your case.

Power up the Schiit first. 

Also I hope it’s ethernet that sends signal to UltraRendu, and not USB😀

Yes,  ethernet.  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Yes. Only a USB device can bee shown. USB is bidirectional. 

Have you you seen the Etir now ?

Yes, no problem seeing the Eitr, I just assumed something was wrong since I couldn't see the DAC itself.  It's only inputs are AES and Spdif.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

To those that use Singxer SU1 and power the opticalRendu with LPS-1 or LPS1.2:

(I also have separate 5V PS on the SU1 with LPS-1.2)

I couldn’t get this work at first try. And I got red light on the opticalRendu. (It shall be green)

I disconnect the USB connection, and was then able to see the opticalRendu. 

( I knew it’s IP address, as my firewall was able to discover something named “orendu-01EDF6”, so at least I was able to understand that networking probably was ok. Even though http://www.sonicorbiter.com/ didn’t work)

I then connected both devices together (both with power on), and it worked. 

I suppose I’m at the limit of what the LPS-1 or 1.2 can manage. 

Though I’m not sure if the SU1 draw power from USB, but I suppose it does since this behavior. (Sonore only recommends Uptone LPS-1 and 1.2 if the connected USB device doesn’t use USB power). 

There is a huge temperature difference (maybe as much as 25 degrees C) between my two LPS-1.2 now. The 5V one isn’t hot at all. The 7V I can only touch for 2 or 3 seconds. Still well within operation range.

My cheap DX.com ir meeter says 34,5 C and 54,6 C. 

The OP is 39.5 C measured underneath in vertical position. 

OPS. 

Was just going to post and music stopped and the OR got the red light. 

Update.

Back online again. I forgot to verify the LPS-1.2 light status light. Will report back next time the problem occurs. I assume if power problems, it should been seen there. If not, could I blame the OR ? ....😟

29 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

To those that use Singxer SU1 and power the opticalRendu with LPS-1 or LPS1.2:

(I also have separate 5V PS on the SU1 with LPS-1.2)

I couldn’t get this work at first try. And I got red light on the opticalRendu. (It shall be green)

I disconnect the USB connection, and was then able to see the opticalRendu. 

( I knew it’s IP address, as my firewall was able to discover something named “orendu-01EDF6”, so at least I was able to understand that networking probably was ok. Even though http://www.sonicorbiter.com/ didn’t work)

I then connected both devices together (both with power on), and it worked. 

Though I’m not sure if the SU1 draw power from USB, but I suppose it does since this behavior. (Sonore only recommends Uptone LPS-1 and 1.2 if the connected USB device doesn’t use USB power). 

There is a huge temperature difference (maybe as much as 25 degrees C) between my two LPS-1.2 now. The 5V one isn’t hot at all. The 7V I can only touch for 2 or 3 seconds. Still well within operation range.

My cheap DX.com ir meeter says 34,5 C and 54,6 C. 

The OP is 39.5 C measured underneath in vertical position. 

OPS. 

Was just going to post and music stopped and the OR got the red light. 

Update.

Back online again. I forgot to verify the LPS-1.2 light status light. Will report back next time the problem occurs. I assume if power problems, it should been seen there. If not, could I blame the OR ? ....😟

Your converter uses USB bus power and your LPS-1 does not have enough power to run is along side of the opticalRendu. I warned you against this. Also pushing the power supply to its max current is not good for the sound and these sudden drop offs could damage the Rendu. I would stop using it this way and order a SGC power supply from our website. 

@Superdad

I think you use same modified SU1 as I have. Have you tested the opticalRendu feeding it powered by a LPS-1.2 ?

Or are you using your JS2 ?

As an update to the above, my opticalRendu has now been stable for an hour. 

Last temperature measurement is 67 C. And can’t hold hands on the LPS-1.2. 

19 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@Superdad

I think you use same modified SU1 as I have. Have you tested the opticalRendu feeding it powered by a LPS-1.2 ?

Or are you using your JS2 ?

I don't own an opticalRendu (though I would like to).  They are just now shipping you know! x-D

19 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

As an update to the above, my opticalRendu has now been stable for an hour. 

Last temperature measurement is 67 C. And can’t hold hands on the LPS-1.2. 

I have a couple of very accurate temp meters (a Flir IR and a contact probe meter) and even running an UltraCap LPS-1.2 at full 1.1A for several hours I've never seen temps of more than 54-55C.  So forgive me if I am very skeptical of your 67C quote.

Still, it is widely known that our UltraCap units run very warm above 0.5A output and quite hot as they approach their 1.1A continuous limit.  The case is the heat sink.

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Though I’m not sure if the SU1 draw power from USB, but I suppose it does since this behavior.

I just measured the 5VBUS draw of my SU-1: 100mA.  So you are right at the limit of an UltraCap supply with the opticalRendu + SU-1.  You either need to get a VUBS injector for the SU-1 or use a different power supply for the opticalRendu.

@Superdad or John S. 

I think we need some clarifications from you or John. I’m pretty sure I’m in the area well above 60 degrees C. Which is well above your ever highest measured temperature. 

I don’t trust my cheap IR meter when it shows 71 degrees. Also it shows 89 degrees with boiling water. But I’m quite confident we’re in the area above 60 degrees.

Anyway no need to discuss temperature, as I think it’s pretty clear I’m at the very edge of either the LPS or OR, or both.

However the combination opticalRendu, LPS-1.2 and a 100mA vbus seems to work very well for several hours. 

So I’m asking myself why does it take so long before the opticalRendu goes into a fail state ?

Maybe the high temperature, makes the LPS unstable, even if that’s not showing on the LED ?

The OR doesn’t seems to recover itself even is the LPS-1.2 has green light. 

When switching off the 5V (in my case the SU1), The OR do I think 3 times the following sequence: red, amber, off, and then finally green. 

Then I can turn on music again. 

I have said before the LPS had green light even if the OR fails.

The last occasion, the LPS had a blinking red light.

I will have to monitor these things closely next days. Now I have just turned the LPS vertically hoping that better heat dissipation may help. 

Further I can switch the two LPS-1.2 I have, as we know there are minors differences between them. 

And if this doesn’t help, I do have two high current LPS-1 available tested at 1.2 A 😀

@vortecjr

If you think I pollute your tread with combination that your website clearly states isn’t supported, please feel free to move this discussion to a new topic.

C53D8BFD-6CFB-4EE2-B22D-77B760B476E8.jpeg

AC3C8EAD-4724-48CA-8683-D039A674C3C4.jpeg

FC18B5D4-A557-4DED-8129-99A0BF8A58EE.jpeg

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Andreas, I already explained to you how to fix the issue. If you damage the unit with your testing you will lose your warranty.

Yes, purchase another PS. 😀

However I’m expecting that @JohnSwenson didn’t design the opticalRedu in a way that lack of power would destroy the OR. 

Tanks for moving power discussion to another thread. 

(Putting the LPS vertical seems to help a lot on temperature). 

31 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Yes, purchase another PS. 😀

However I’m expecting that @JohnSwenson didn’t design the opticalRedu in a way that lack of power would destroy the OR. 

Tanks for moving power discussion to another thread. 

(Putting the LPS vertical seems to help a lot on temperature). 

I don't know how it shuts off when it doesn't like what you are doing it. Also, these shut downs can come at bad time so the software can be damaged. I can't speak for the LPS-1, but I have no issue with you leaving the opticalRendu horizontal. 

Long time MicroRendu/LPS-1 user. Purchased upgraded card first week it was offered.

MR appears dead.

LPS-1 in green mode.

No lights on MR, nothing when power cycled.

MR found on sonicorbiter.com but when I go to Manage the computer hangs and cannot find it.

MR not found by Roon.

Have gone through normal troubleshooting procedures. 

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.

Thanks.