IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

I unplugged the MR from power and from ethernet, then I shutdown the PS Audio Directstream from the rear panel, turned it back on thereby reloading the software on the DS.  Went away for 2 hours and plugged back in power and then ethernet to the MR and now it is behaving as it should again.  I have to say this kind of occurrence seems to come up more often than it should with "something" going wrong somewhere, leading to reboots of cable modem/router, DAC and MR, checking software, reloading etc. and it does seem like it inexplicably resolves itself.  I like the MR but I get fed up with these issues.

@pwhinson I appreciate your frustration, been there done that, as they say. My completely non-expert advise is to make sure you don't have any problems somewhere within your network. Network glitches may reveal themselves in unpredictable ways.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

@pwhinson FYI, I have found the PSAudio Directstream Dac to be somewhat fussy about sampling tracks - listening for short (<1min) and moving on to a next track, repeatedly. If you do this, eventually the uR can't stream. The solution as you found is to power cycle the PSAudio DAC via the rear power switch.

This does not happen when using the PSAudio BridgeII. 

I contacted PS Audio service about this behavior. They wanted me to send back the DAC for an "evaluation", which is their way of saying we haven't a clue about what is going on. They would have found out everything works as expected (i.e., within the ecosystem of Dac, BridgeII, and mConnect).

Avoid track sampling or do sampling only with the Bridge II (if you have one installed) and you should not have any problems. I use my installed BridgeII only for Spotify Premium, since that is where I do most of my track sampling.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

HELP!  Well now I have a new problem with the MR.  Its not syncing onto my ethernet signal.  I unplug the ethernet cable, plug it into my macbook turn off wireless and I get great throughput so I think the signal is there but the MR isn't somehow finding it.  The green light is on.  I also noticed the MR getting EXTREMELY HOT yesterday, it seemed hotter than I've ever noticed it before.  I powered it down, left it overnight and then tried everything again to no avail.  SHOULD I SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR?  Thanks.  - Paul Hinson

Would someone please tell me if there is any special comfiguration to make the Ifi micro DSD black DAC play DSD 512 using Ultrarendu and HQPLAYER?

I am just getting DSD 256

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

11 hours ago, pwhinson said:

HELP!  Well now I have a new problem with the MR.  Its not syncing onto my ethernet signal.  I unplug the ethernet cable, plug it into my macbook turn off wireless and I get great throughput so I think the signal is there but the MR isn't somehow finding it.  The green light is on.  I also noticed the MR getting EXTREMELY HOT yesterday, it seemed hotter than I've ever noticed it before.  I powered it down, left it overnight and then tried everything again to no avail.  SHOULD I SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR?  Thanks.  - Paul Hinson

Without access to the unit it's to troubleshoot things:) Picking up a replacement SD card from our website as first test:

https://www.sonore.us/SonicorbiterOS.html 

10 hours ago, Joaovieira said:

Would someone please tell me if there is any special comfiguration to make the Ifi micro DSD black DAC play DSD 512 using Ultrarendu and HQPLAYER?

I am just getting DSD 256

It might streaming DoP and you need native DSD. Have a look here for some setup tips:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/28808-signalyst-hq-player-101/

I recently upgraded from MR to UR and had connection issues. While this suggestion may not be a cure all, it made the difference in my case.  If merely as a reminder of one of the items to check, go to Settings to MPD/ DLNA Renderer Settings and press Save Changes after an equipment change.  It may help. In my case all other power cycling did not work, this one did.

iMac 27" with local music files > Audirvana Studio > Router/ Modem> etherRegan )JS-2 LPS > Sablon > 2nd etherRegan (LPS 1.2))>UltraRendu (LPS-1.2)> Schiit Yggy > Ayre K5 XE MP Preamp > Ayre v5 Amp > Aerial 10-T Speakers. PC's, SC's and  IC's Cerious Technology Matrix and Ghent DC cords. Gaia under components and speakers. 1 Topaz 1k Iso, BPT power center. Maestro wall plug, dedicated 20 amp run to equipment, second run to distant iMac/Router, BK Precision 1604 and 2nd Topaz.

@vortecjr what does clicking Save (under Settings) actually do under the covers?  It isn't intuitive that it's frequently all that's needed to get music playing again after things like disconnecting/reconnecting the DAC.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:52 PM, jaaptina said:

Hi Jesus,

I keep the ultraRendu always "on". The dac/amplifier I turn off every night. Every 4 or 5 days my ultraRendu fails to start after I've turned the dac/amp on. I have to reboot the ultraRendu to be able to start a track.

I'm using LPS-1 to power the ultraRendu. 

I can report back on this. I was using LDOVR LT3045 regulator between LPS-1 and ultraRendu (to get a bit of the LPS-1.2 magic). This has been de cause of the failed start every few days. Since removing the LDOVR board three weeks ago I've had no problems. 

The problem is probably not in the LDOVR LT3045 but in the mismatch of the 6.0V 1A regulator board between LPS-1 and ultraRendu.

Should I be able to upgrade my microRendu to 2.7?  It is currently running 2.3.  The upgrade process starts and but says there is nothing to do and the SW remains at 2.3.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

2 hours ago, bobflood said:

You need to buy a new sim card. See Sonore website. It was $20 when I bought mine.

Thanks.  I don't see it on their web site so I emailed them.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

18 hours ago, bobflood said:

oops! I was looking at my phone when I typed that. At my age multitasking is risky.

...as it is for all men!

7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

The 2.7 update SD card is not about SQ improvements. It’s about updated operating system, updated applications and new features. 

I know, I’ve already got one. (It’s very nice.)

I have two ultraRendus and one micro. I just got back from being away 10 days. Before I left, all 3 devices were working fine and running 2.7. When I came back, only the microRendu is recognized by mySonicOrbiter and Roon. I removed both ultras from where they were installed and took to my workbench in the basement. I tried them both using a different network switch and using an LPS 1.2 to power them (9v). On one of them the LED goes from red to orange but the other one stays red. The one that goes orange is recognized by the Meraki managed switch but I can't connect to the http interface using the IP address. The other one doesn't even show up on my network. These were used to two different rooms and two different systems. No thunder storms this time of year, here. Not much I can do since I can't access the web interface on either of them. Any trouble-shooting tips?