IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Like Paul recommended you should try streaming DoP. Some time ago Linux added code to remove clicks and pops from DSD playback and there is not much more we can do about it. I had you post all that data above to rule anything else out, but this seems like a DAC issue.

SAD, Every link in my chain points at not it not being their problem and blaming something else. All hoping i will go away,.

IMHO Its likely not a DAC issue, I have tried two other DACs with the same result. 0-3 seems to point to it being something else. Unfortunately i dont know what it is and the support from each of the components have been of no help.

Unless its deleted, tt least this post will be searchable and other potential buyers wanting to use a rendu as a dlna server, combined with a synology NAS and a variety of DAC's may provide results less than desirable. DSD files sound worse than mp3. Hopefully they wont waste their money on expensive products that dont work together.

@muslhead -- i think you need to take a step back.  you've got people here that are trying to help.  it's not the products that are the issue -- they're good and they both work.  a lot of people use jriver as a dlna server and a rendu as a renderer/endpoint.  the issue is some setting(s) that need to be adjusted -- it's just a matter of which ones.

i think the best place to start is with eliminating the custom dac settings as was mentioned above -- there is definitely a history of that causing issues.

the second thing i would do, is go into jriver and change the jriver dlna settings.  in your current settings (from your screen shot) under audio > format, you're outputting everything at 24/192 (your setting says "PCM 24-bit") -- i would change that to "original".  that way you're eliminating the possibility that your jriver server is contributing to the issue (it'll just be passing the file on at it's original sample rate and frequency).

don't worry, you'll get there.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

jcn3

Thank you.

Your response was very helpful.

FYI, i did not create a custom dac. All i did was click on that tab and renamed the file from its default to the name i chose. I did nothing else. If that counts as setting up a new DAC? I am guilty. But i never changed any setting (only the name) from the default. I dont even know how to do that. Regardless, i will go delete it. I promise it wont matter but do understand we need to eliminate all the potentials of the clicks and pops.

i will also go into jriver and make those changes. I thought everything was already set as "original". Thanks for pointing that out.

6 hours ago, muslhead said:

SAD, Every link in my chain points at not it not being their problem and blaming something else. All hoping i will go away,.

IMHO Its likely not a DAC issue, I have tried two other DACs with the same result. 0-3 seems to point to it being something else. Unfortunately i dont know what it is and the support from each of the components have been of no help.

Unless its deleted, tt least this post will be searchable and other potential buyers wanting to use a rendu as a dlna server, combined with a synology NAS and a variety of DAC's may provide results less than desirable. DSD files sound worse than mp3. Hopefully they wont waste their money on expensive products that dont work together.

Why would I delete your post. BTW I have several DAC here to test with. I also have a Synology NAS and almost exclusively use DLNA. I use JRiver, A+, and Kazoo all the time here. I'm not hearing any clicks or pops with DSD because the unit does not send them to the DAC. Those clicks and pops come from the DAC not muting at all or not muting quick enough to avoid it during transitions. Code was added to Linux some time ago to resolve this, as a work around, and there is nothing more we can do on our end. It's time for some DAC manufactures to step up the plate and test with Linux and make the changes needed in their firmware. If you have issues with other DACs you need to present them one at time so we can discuss them.  Maybe record the noise so we can hear it for ourselves. 

22 hours ago, jcn3 said:

@muslhead -- i think you need to take a step back.  you've got people here that are trying to help.  it's not the products that are the issue -- they're good and they both work.  a lot of people use jriver as a dlna server and a rendu as a renderer/endpoint.  the issue is some setting(s) that need to be adjusted -- it's just a matter of which ones.

i think the best place to start is with eliminating the custom dac settings as was mentioned above -- there is definitely a history of that causing issues.

the second thing i would do, is go into jriver and change the jriver dlna settings.  in your current settings (from your screen shot) under audio > format, you're outputting everything at 24/192 (your setting says "PCM 24-bit") -- i would change that to "original".  that way you're eliminating the possibility that your jriver server is contributing to the issue (it'll just be passing the file on at it's original sample rate and frequency).

don't worry, you'll get there.

I am confused by something. As I see the posted JRiver screenshot settings for the JRiver DLNA server, there should be no issue streaming native DSD.  The "original" format is selected and the 24/192 setting is grayed out.  The only time that setting is NOT grayed out is when you have selected an option other than "original" in the "format" picklist. 

This is the same setting that I use and, after some setup issues with my DAC that I mistakenly took to be Rendu issues because they only appeared when I added the Rendu, it is highly stable and noise-free.  My DAC reports that all signals are being processed in their native resolutions, through 384khz PCM and DSD256. 

Based on my own experience, I would rule out JRiver as the culprit here.  That said, as you can see from this very post, there sometimes are synergy issues between streamers and DACs that do need to be sorted out. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

You are absolutely correct Mike. That is exactly what jriver said and why i set it up that way. Also the same conclusion which is it is not a jriver issue. it is either the DAC or rendu. i started with jriver and was convinced it was not their problem. i came here looking for help next.

My dac is processing in native resolutions, there is no processing going on by either the dac or jriver.

I think i have fixed the issue but before i move on, i want to give it one more test to make sure.

It happened after I unplugged and plugged in again its power supply, LPS-1.  The LPS green light is back again, but mrendu looks completely dead, no lights.  A couple power on/off cycles did not help.

What is the next step?

thanks.

maxim

Sorry, that’s unlikely to fix it.

I actually purchased two cards from you previously to update the software, and none of them worked.  So I was still running the old soft.

I would appreciate  trying something else.

thanks

m

4 hours ago, mxb said:

Sorry, that’s unlikely to fix it.

I actually purchased two cards from you previously to update the software, and none of them worked.  So I was still running the old soft.

I would appreciate  trying something else.

thanks

m

If the new OS is not working then you need to send the unit in for a firmware update.  

Roon, HQ Player and Microrendu

I just upgraded to HQ Player 4.0 for windows.  I am unable to use Roon with HQ player while using the microrendu.

For the micro-rendu, I have it set to the Roon App.  I see micro-rendu in Roon, but can't seem to be able to output to HQ player.  I have HQ player set to NAA, with my mytek liberty as the dac.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, steveoat said:

Roon, HQ Player and Microrendu

I just upgraded to HQ Player 4.0 for windows.  I am unable to use Roon with HQ player while using the microrendu.

For the micro-rendu, I have it set to the Roon App.  I see micro-rendu in Roon, but can't seem to be able to output to HQ player.  I have HQ player set to NAA, with my mytek liberty as the dac.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

First I would update the Rendu and then reboot it after the Back to Main Menu link appears. Then go to Apps / App Switcher and select NAA again. In HQ Player I would look in settings for Backend and select NetworkAudioAdapter.    

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, muslhead said:

If anyone cares, i was able to eliminate the pops and clicks from my DSD playback.

And no, it wasnt the DAC, just as i said.

Thanks to those that provided a helpful response

We do care. How were you able fix your issue?

16 hours ago, Zerstorer78 said:

Hi Jesus,

I got home to find my LPS1.2 flashing red and my Microrendu dead. I tried rebooting the LPS1.2 and it seems to work fine. But the Microrendu remains dead. Even connecting it to an older LPS1 doesn't make it come alive.

What can I do now?

I would pick up a replacement SD card from our website.

https://www.sonore.us/SonicorbiterOS.html