IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

I have recently noticed Roon has become slower. The Roon forum has a number of users complaining and they are trying to sort this out. The only change in my system is the upgrade to the optical Signature rendu SE. any chance this could affect how fast Roon works? Internet speed is fast and using sonictransporter i7 for Roon core. 

22 minutes ago, lxgreen said:

I have recently noticed Roon has become slower. The Roon forum has a number of users complaining and they are trying to sort this out. The only change in my system is the upgrade to the optical Signature rendu SE. any chance this could affect how fast Roon works? Internet speed is fast and using sonictransporter i7 for Roon core. 

Slower in what sense?  I am using ROON with the Signature Rendu SE (optical) and have not noticed anything "slower".

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

3 hours ago, barrows said:

Slower in what sense?  I am using ROON with the Signature Rendu SE (optical) and have not noticed anything "slower".

There are multiple reports of very slow or hanging searches. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

How can a Rendu or any other RoonReady device make for slow server side searches...it can’t. I have options to test all kinds of stuff here, but I can’t really speak for how fast or slow it is. 

Oh, I wasn’t implying it did/does. 
Roon themselves say at least part of the problem is sever issues on their end. Totally guessing, I’d say they will find some additional internal Roon software issue that’s causing the problems. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 minutes ago, firedog said:

Oh, I wasn’t implying it did/does. 
Roon themselves say at least part of the problem is sever issues on their end. Totally guessing, I’d say they will find some additional internal Roon software issue that’s causing the problems. 

No worries..

For several years now I have been fighting a consistent issue of my mRendu not recognizing my DAC (TPA Buffalo IIIse w/ I2overUSB board). Once the connection is eventually made everything is good and works for months. However, if the connection is broken like yesterday when the power to house went out, trying to regain the connection can take hours.

I usually try different combinations to resolve the issue - power cycle DAC, reboot mRendu, power cycle mRendu, unplug USB cable, etc. - but it is VERY frustrating.

I can see that the mRendu is up & running using the browser interface but when I go the settings, my DAC does not show. When I start up HQP, I get the error that the mRendu is not found as expected. So there seems to be some issue between the mRendu and my DAC.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have seriously considered getting one of the new opticalRendu but given it runs the same software, I can't see spend more $$ for the level of frustration.

21 hours ago, ericuco said:

For several years now I have been fighting a consistent issue of my mRendu not recognizing my DAC (TPA Buffalo IIIse w/ I2overUSB board). Once the connection is eventually made everything is good and works for months. However, if the connection is broken like yesterday when the power to house went out, trying to regain the connection can take hours.

I usually try different combinations to resolve the issue - power cycle DAC, reboot mRendu, power cycle mRendu, unplug USB cable, etc. - but it is VERY frustrating.

I can see that the mRendu is up & running using the browser interface but when I go the settings, my DAC does not show. When I start up HQP, I get the error that the mRendu is not found as expected. So there seems to be some issue between the mRendu and my DAC.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have seriously considered getting one of the new opticalRendu but given it runs the same software, I can't see spend more $$ for the level of frustration.

What version of SonicOrbiter are you using?

17 minutes ago, ericuco said:

Probably a few months ago. With this difficulty of connecting to my DAC, I try not to disturb the system unless absolutely necessary. Is there a newer release of SonicOrbiter?

You should start update and restart for sure. Also restart DAC. 

I’ve learned even the usb cable can matter. 

If possible, try the USPCB. 

1 hour ago, ericuco said:

Probably a few months ago. With this difficulty of connecting to my DAC, I try not to disturb the system unless absolutely necessary. Is there a newer release of SonicOrbiter?

Ericuco,

I sympathize with your problem as I too suffer from the same issue.  I recently discussed this with Sonore who went so far as to gain control of my computer via TeamViewer.  All of this and days of frustration ending in no solution.  So here I sit, dollars invested, no music and frustration galore.  There are better ways to go.

mbain

6 hours ago, ericuco said:

I would upgrade it. It's hard to say where in time you are with the operating system.

4 hours ago, mbain said:

Ericuco,

I sympathize with your problem as I too suffer from the same issue.  I recently discussed this with Sonore who went so far as to gain control of my computer via TeamViewer.  All of this and days of frustration ending in no solution.  So here I sit, dollars invested, no music and frustration galore.  There are better ways to go.

Your issue is a little different. Your USB device does not show up in the operating system at all yet while other USB devices do. His issue is intermittent as I understand it so it sees his USB device. 

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Your issue is a little different. Your USB device does not show up in the operating system at all yet while other USB devices do. His issue is intermittent as I understand it so it sees his USB device. 

Whatever.  I still have no music.

mbain

Just now, vortecjr said:

Yes, understood. However, it could be related to your USB device. I offered you a Sonore ultraDigital and that offer is still on the table.   

I thank you for the kind offer however I do not have the money to take you up on your replacement offer.  I need a more affordable solution.  Perhaps a usb DAC /pre.    This would require the sale of my existing DAC and separate preamp.

mbain

8 hours ago, mbain said:

I thank you for the kind offer however I do not have the money to take you up on your replacement offer.  I need a more affordable solution.  Perhaps a usb DAC /pre.    This would require the sale of my existing DAC and separate preamp.

You could try an iFi Audio Nano iDSD LE Portable DAC which has analog output and volume control. 

https://amzn.to/2Xx4joT

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You could try an iFi Audio Nano iDSD LE Portable DAC which has analog output and volume control. 

https://amzn.to/2Xx4joT

There's just been a thread about a couple of cautions regarding this course:

- Buggy iFi firmware causes extremely frequent, irritating connection drops if it is used in a streaming scenario.

- Chances are pretty much nil iFi will ever fix this.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Don't know how much the Nano costs, or what mbain now uses, but my current setup (Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC, which replaced an iFi micro-iDSD) works very nicely with the microRendu, and I think sounds better in the same streaming situation (I send it DSD512).  The Pro-Ject is $400.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

8 minutes ago, Jud said:

There's just been a thread about a couple of cautions regarding this course:

- Buggy iFi firmware causes extremely frequent, irritating connection drops if it is used in a streaming scenario.

- Chances are pretty much nil iFi will ever fix this.

I have an iFi Nano here and I'm not having any issues with it. However, I'm running older firmware and it's an older unit. I appreciate your post though.