Now you take a cat.......

Put the cat into a box......

Or, as the inkfish Dylan said in Gates of Eden:

The kingdoms of experience, in the precious winds they rot
While paupers change possessions, each one wishing for what the other has got
And the princess and the prince discuss what's real and what is not
It doesn't matter inside the gates of Eden

Read more:  Bob Dylan - Gates Of Eden Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

9 minutes ago, esldude said:

This might come in handy too.  Sound waves have negative gravity particles.  

https://futurism.com/sound-waves-particles-negative-gravity/amp/

Does that mean that Bill's Class D amplifier wont be of any use on the International Space Station after all ? :o

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

11 hours ago, wgscott said:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613092/a-quantum-experiment-suggests-theres-no-such-thing-as-objective-reality/

See.  They are right.  This totally vindicates everything they claim.  

Or it doesn't.  

Depending on your point of view.  

Because if it is true, it must be both true and false, depending upon who is the observer.

But as we all know (or don't, depending upon our point of view), quantum mechanics is directly relevant to audio signal processing.  The advertisements say so, so it must be true.  Or false.  Or both.

But hasn't this been known to be the case since Special Relativity made "What time is it?" a fraught question?  I'm tremendously wary these days of blaring headlines in press releases and popular science publications, where everything is a new astounding breakthrough.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

22 hours ago, wgscott said:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613092/a-quantum-experiment-suggests-theres-no-such-thing-as-objective-reality/

See.  They are right.  This totally vindicates everything they claim.  

Or it doesn't.  

Depending on your point of view.  

Because if it is true, it must be both true and false, depending upon who is the observer.

But as we all know (or don't, depending upon our point of view), quantum mechanics is directly relevant to audio signal processing.  The advertisements say so, so it must be true.  Or false.  Or both.

Scary. Good thing that in my objective reality this experiment failed to produce the same results as were reported in yours, so it doesn't apply to me.

Does anybody really know what time it is (I don't)
Does anybody really care (care about time)
If so I can't imagine why (no, no)
We've all got time enough to cry

metro lyrics

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

13 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

..why you believe I want to know more. This is a problem with scientists only. ...

well, you are certainly correct - knowing more simply leads to additional questions (so, it is really only for those who delight in questions, or in the answering of them)

here is one for you: two different approaches have been taken to estimate the Hubble Constant, H_0

yet they do not agree and are at different times (or spatial scales), so WTF??

it has been deemed a Crisis in Cosmology and thus has attracted a lot of scientists to work on it

but there is nothing wrong about pursuing a crisis in cosmetology either...

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

well, you are certainly correct - knowing more simply leads to additional questions (so, it is really only for those who delight in questions, or in the answering of them)

here is one for you: two different approaches have been taken to estimate the Hubble Constant, H_0

yet they do not agree and are at different times (or spatial scales), so WTF??

it has been deemed a Crisis in Cosmology and thus has attracted a lot of scientists to work on it

but there is nothing wrong about pursuing a crisis in cosmetology either...

Please ask somebody more knowledgeable in cosmology. My serious interests gravitate more to Advaita Vedanta, but there is nothing scientific in Western sense of the word. It is beyond the words too.

Those who are more knowledgeable in cosmology do not know.  They are however, busy thinking up hypotheses and ways to test them.

and BTW, the molecular genetics foks recently had a nasty surprise for the right-wing Hindu groups...