IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

5 hours ago, matthias said:

This USB cable is a cable for masochists.

Matt

Actually, through all the changes, this has been a terrific sounding cable.  It was fun to experiment with various configurations and to share those with others. The thread ended in a great place, and I am delighted with the results.

From my limited experience, I can say this is the best USB cable I have owned, also the most social, even it is a bit of a chameleon.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

15 hours ago, lmitche said:

Actually, through all the changes, this has been a terrific sounding cable.  It was fun to experiment with various configurations and to share those with others. The thread ended in a great place, and I am delighted with the results.

From my limited experience, I can say this is the best USB cable I have owned, also the most social, even it is a bit of a chameleon.

Larry,

After lots of experience with Lush^2, which configuration are you using? Thanks.

Mark

1 hour ago, mtcs said:

Larry,

After lots of experience with Lush^2, which configuration are you using? Thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have the black wires disconnected on both ends, with the other three connected at the bridge. I then added another layer of shielding and connected that to the others at both ends.

It sounds great.

29 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Hi Mark,

I have the black wires disconnected on both ends, with the other three connected at the bridge. I then added another layer of shielding and connected that to the others at both ends.

It sounds great.

Thanks, I always appreciate your experiences.

1 hour ago, mtcs said:

Thanks, I always appreciate your experiences.

Please describe the SQ benefits that were gained by adding the additional shield connected to the other shield wires at both ends.  Thanks

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

2 hours ago, lwr said:

Please describe the SQ benefits that were gained by adding the additional shield connected to the other shield wires at both ends.  Thanks

Adding a shield is a future project but I can share what I've done so far. After many experiments,I decided that the shipped configuration was the best all around. But then, I added an etherRegen to my chain and the bass became overwhelming - loud and flabby. So, I switched to TANF and the bass improved. Later, I upgraded the power supply on the etherregen to a JS-2 and retried the shipped configuration. It was much better than originally and better than TANF before and after the ehterRegen. I'll stick with the shipped config for now: it has good soundstage, plenty of air around the instruments, tight bass soft highs. It could use more "weight" but that could be other issues in my system

13 hours ago, melanikoko said:

been with thus three screens already should work for the better 

Just a piece of advise, the shielding, JSSG, JSSG360 etc. it is working for "digital signals" many are using it for "DC" and "AC" current and are reporting good results.

On "analog" cables, beware with the increased capacitance when adding shielding, not the case of the Lush and this is certainly kind of OT, not all shielding are created equal and not connecting the shield at any end and just looping it ad infinitum  (JSSG style) increases the capacitance dramatically killing the sonics (at least for me) especially on balanced interconnects which are designed specifically to avoid coloration and kill noise

Thanks all.  Much appreciated.

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm looking at different USB cables. Right now I have: Curious USB > IsoRegen > USPCB > tx-USBUltra > SynRes > DAVE.

My SynRes is just an entry Core model. It actually sounds very, well, "lush," but it's too warm, lacking clarity and resolution. 

I wasn't going to look at Lush USB, because it seemed like more of the same. However, then I found this thread. I'm wondering if with Lush 2 and these configuration options, I might be able to attain something both lush and clear. 

Is this possible with Lush2

On 6/26/2020 at 9:21 PM, edwardsean said:

Hi. I'm looking at different USB cables. Right now I have: Curious USB > IsoRegen > USPCB > tx-USBUltra > SynRes > DAVE.

My SynRes is just an entry Core model. It actually sounds very, well, "lush," but it's too warm, lacking clarity and resolution. 

I wasn't going to look at Lush USB, because it seemed like more of the same. However, then I found this thread. I'm wondering if with Lush 2 and these configuration options, I might be able to attain something both lush and clear. 

Is this possible with Lush2

I have a rich and clear signal using the Lush2 cable here. It's configured in the JSSD360^3 configuration described above. Many other variations are possible.

On 9/4/2018 at 11:12 AM, elcorso said:

That's why I think it's better to publish a photo of the cable, showing the A & B connectors of the Lush ^ 2,  every time a new alternative of the pin-out It is applied ...

The lack of photos here, despite my urging Peter to do so, says something about its members, LOL. 😉

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

9 hours ago, feelingears said:

The lack of photos here, despite my urging Peter to do so, says something about its members, LOL. 😉

So if you apply a new configuration, I come over to make a photo of it for a free beer. Is that the idea ?

😊

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

19 hours ago, PeterSt said:

So if you apply a new configuration, I come over to make a photo of it for a free beer. Is that the idea ?

😊

@PeterSt You and a number of people here are welcome to come by so we can listen to music and have a beer! I might even open a bottle or three of wine and share some nice Scotch if you make the journey to Seattle! But it's the local "microbrews" like this one <https://reubensbrews.com/> that make it worth the trip. Oh wait, we're not "open" yet. LOL (Not that this is funny, read that as a letting-off-stream laugh.)

Thanks for posting the pic. Let's see how well I decoded the last post of TANF or whatever it was! hahaha 

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

20 hours ago, PeterSt said:

I am using this one :

image.png.bc05cccf9127771a2e551ad591d913ff.png

which is the config the Lush^2 is shipped with (since October 2018 IIRC).

It must have been a year by now that I tried an other configuration, as history tells that I kept on coming back to this one; it never annoys in any field of theoretical extra interest. Hence, to me this is the most balanced configuration.

Hi Peter,

It is the one that I use. Pre Coronavirus and in pandemic of Coronavirus !

When you have the post Coronavirus pinout let me know, please !

Kind regards,

Roch

On 7/2/2020 at 12:32 AM, feelingears said:

But it's the local "microbrews" like this one <https://reubensbrews.com/> that make it worth the trip.

We have them locals too.

image.thumb.png.07fe5e8c5517c59c7dc537672186aced.png

Very local actually. 🤪

XXHighEnd (developer)

Hi all,

Received my Lush^2 today!

Delivered within two days!! Wow!!

I have a question related to the photos attached. This is the shipped default setup recieved.

Is it correct? I see a difference on the jumpers on the B in the forum and on the enclosed printed sheet.

Did I miss an update?

Nice quality cable , a bit thicker than thought which may mean I need to re-route.

I'm a bit concerned that I may have ordered it too short at 70cm!

Haven't connected it yet as want to establish if this is the correct default as shipped to me or I need to swap things I over.

Any help appreciated as I would like to get listening.

20200703_154734.jpg

20200703_154754.jpg

Amplifier: Feliks Envy (Performance Ed), Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated with Brimar CV4003, Singxer SA-1, Cayin C9 Portable Amp. DAC: Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, LampizatOr Amber 3 DAP: Fiio M17, Fiio M11 Plus Ltd SS, DX 300 MAX SS, DX 300 MAX Ti, Cayin N6ii + A02 Line out + E02 Source: Silent Angel M1T, Forrester LPS, N8 Network Switch, InnuOs Zenith MK3, Pioneer PD-S904 Analogue: Rega Planar 2 > Rega Fono MM MK3, Pioneer CT-W806DR,

Cables: Wave Storm Reference, Phasure Lush ^2, AQ Coffee, AQ Ruby, Cable Talk 2, QED Silver Anniversary Speakers: Klipsch Forte III.

1 hour ago, ConcreteCow said:

Hi all,

Received my Lush^2 today!

Delivered within two days!! Wow!!

I have a question related to the photos attached. This is the shipped default setup recieved.

Is it correct? I see a difference on the jumpers on the B in the forum and on the enclosed printed sheet.

Did I miss an update?

Nice quality cable , a bit thicker than thought which may mean I need to re-route.

I'm a bit concerned that I may have ordered it too short at 70cm!

Haven't connected it yet as want to establish if this is the correct default as shipped to me or I need to swap things I over.

Any help appreciated as I would like to get listening.

20200703_154734.jpg

20200703_154754.jpg

The Lush^2 configuration you received is no different to how my Lush^2 was shipped (a long time ago), and more important to the jumper configuration in the picture Peter posted a few days ago.

Hi Summit,

Thanks for your reply.

Please have a look again at Peter's 'B' and my 'B'.

The vertical jumper of Peter's is on the outer edge whilst mine is on the inner.

Does this make a difference?

Many thanks.

Amplifier: Feliks Envy (Performance Ed), Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated with Brimar CV4003, Singxer SA-1, Cayin C9 Portable Amp. DAC: Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, LampizatOr Amber 3 DAP: Fiio M17, Fiio M11 Plus Ltd SS, DX 300 MAX SS, DX 300 MAX Ti, Cayin N6ii + A02 Line out + E02 Source: Silent Angel M1T, Forrester LPS, N8 Network Switch, InnuOs Zenith MK3, Pioneer PD-S904 Analogue: Rega Planar 2 > Rega Fono MM MK3, Pioneer CT-W806DR,

Cables: Wave Storm Reference, Phasure Lush ^2, AQ Coffee, AQ Ruby, Cable Talk 2, QED Silver Anniversary Speakers: Klipsch Forte III.

41 minutes ago, ConcreteCow said:

Hi Summit,

Thanks for your reply.

Please have a look again at Peter's 'B' and my 'B'.

The vertical jumper of Peter's is on the outer edge whilst mine is on the inner.

Does this make a difference?

Many thanks.

Okay now I understand what you mean.  I have the same Lush^2 configuration you have.

I have never changed any of the jumpers. Let see what Peter has to say.

14 hours ago, ConcreteCow said:

Please notice :

I personally never experienced with the jumpers explicitly. This, while I sure did experience a difference (undoubtedly). Still I did not focus on it. Internally here at Phasure we don't have an annotation for the jumpers. However, I once did write out something for it (others did too), but I never experience(d) with it really. One thing resulted from this : the additional jumpers to experience with on your side.

The shipped configuration is what people by far use. This is disregarding jumper settings. So there is no "consensus setting" for the jumpers, within the consensus setting of the config itself.

Do notice that the jumpers imply additional antenna working. This goes both sides: emitting (could be bad) and absorbing (absorb it before it does bad things elsewhere). We do NOT know which (setting) causes which; we only kind of "know" it is about that (antenna) phenomenon.

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)