IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

4 hours ago, TheAttorney said:

So a second Lush (to replace the USPCB) is still a viable option for me. I don't think cable length has much to do with DAVE/TT2's high sensitivity to BNC connection issues (I think it's more complex than that with many variables), but I'm likely to order a 0.5M Lush because that's all I need, and I've found Lush to be much more flexible than Blaxius. 

I can recommend to replace the USPCB with a second Lush2. I did the same and never looked back.

In my case (with an A&K SP1000 as transport) however, cable length between SP1000 and ISO Regen matters. I had problems (hard to establish a connection, very infrequent losses of connection) with cables of 0.8m or longer, but not with shorter USB cables. Peter was also helpful in this matter. My small problem was not isolated to the Lush2 cable, but occured with every USB cable longer of 0.8m or longer, which I had available. The cable lenghts in the audio chain after the ISO Regen did not matter. So, in your case, going with a rather short (=0.5m) Lush2 cable between your NUC and ISO Regen could be safer.

EDIT: I have HMS & DAVE, so quite similar to your setup.

19 minutes ago, FIndingit said:

Next step in this lunacy might be replacing the comb of pins with one made of silver occ wires? 

I was thinking the cleanest would be dedicated jumpers, or a comb with 3 pins when you need to connect 3 (get rid of the antenna).  I'm still unclear on the pin/SQ mechanism (esp. the orientation of the cap on the unused pin)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

1 hour ago, ray-dude said:

I was thinking the cleanest would be dedicated jumpers, or a comb with 3 pins when you need to connect 3 (get rid of the antenna).

Hmm ... with the knowledge (?) as of now, that is actually not a bad idea at all.

OTOH, getting rid of such Tweak means, often is not the best idea (then you will be stuck to whatever it / the unknown is). Maybe I am a kind of famous of that for the infinite XXHighEnd tweaks, but so far they always worked out in "finding the better". Well, very same to the Lush^2 to begin with.

Still not a bad idea.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Peter, I was thinking the same.  If you're willing to make some changes, if you have a pin assembly with a 4 pin group, 3 pin group, and 2 pin group (basically add the 3 pin group), you have the use cases covered?

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

17 hours ago, xxx1313 said:

I can recommend to replace the USPCB with a second Lush2. I did the same and never looked back.

In my case (with an A&K SP1000 as transport) however, cable length between SP1000 and ISO Regen matters. I had problems (hard to establish a connection, very infrequent losses of connection) with cables of 0.8m or longer, but not with shorter USB cables. Peter was also helpful in this matter. My small problem was not isolated to the Lush2 cable, but occured with every USB cable longer of 0.8m or longer, which I had available. The cable lenghts in the audio chain after the ISO Regen did not matter. So, in your case, going with a rather short (=0.5m) Lush2 cable between your NUC and ISO Regen could be safer.

EDIT: I have HMS & DAVE, so quite similar to your setup.

A DAC that you can’t use any USB cables that is longer than 0,8 meter must be defect, I believe.

I can use a 1,5 meter AQ USB cable with my Chord Mojo.

10 hours ago, lmitche said:

After trying Kurb's latest JSSG360 deep bass was missing. This fixed it:

A:.1WYR2X B:.1WYR2X

I'm done for now. Thanks Kurb!

Larry

A:.1WYR2X B:.1WYR2X

Could you please remind me again what the numbers 1 and 2 are in this configuration?  Am I correct in thinking these are two sets of jumpers (1 & 2) that are oriented at right angles to the rest of the wires (WYR etc) because they are using just one of the jumper's 'pins' for each jumper?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, tims said:

Am I correct in thinking these are two sets of jumpers (1 & 2) that are oriented at right angles to the rest of the wires?

Tims,

Yes, you are correct! Mine are sticking out of opposite sides if the connector. (Which makes me realize we have no notation for jumper orientation).

UGH!!!

Larry

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

7 hours ago, Summit said:

A DAC that you can’t use any USB cables that is longer than 0,8 meter must be defect, I believe. 

Agreed. But it is not the DAC to blame, because it can handle any cable lengh I tried, as well as other USB reclockers in the chain without any problems. Problems only occur with ISO Regen in the chain (in combination with SP1000Cu as transport), but I really like the sound with ISO Regen, so I am not ready to eliminate it.

6 hours ago, lmitche said:

A:.1WYR2X B:.1WYR2X where underline is below the comb and strikethrough above.

Still very happy with A:1WY233 B:1WY233, but I will still try some other configurations over the next few days.

Tomorrow I'm joining the lunacy club with the arrival of my lush^2, I feel tempted to post on ASR my findings but the pitchfork mob will find my address and possibly burn me alive. 

Anyways I'm reading through the entire thread but haven't find anything yet to this. 

Has anyone cryo treated their lush^2?

14 hours ago, xxx1313 said:

Agreed. But it is not the DAC to blame, because it can handle any cable lengh I tried, as well as other USB reclockers in the chain without any problems. Problems only occur with ISO Regen in the chain (in combination with SP1000Cu as transport), but I really like the sound with ISO Regen, so I am not ready to eliminate it.

Still very happy with A:1WY233 B:1WY233, but I will still try some other configurations over the next few days.

Okay I see and it makes perfect sense that it wasn’t the Chord DAC that had issues with cables longer than 0,8 meter.   

I have had my Lush^2 for many month now and still haven’t tried any other than the stock configuration. Maybe time to see/hear if I can get even better sound than I already achieve from my stock configured Lush^2.  

On 7/30/2019 at 7:25 PM, xxx1313 said:

I tried some other configurations, but went back now on Kurb's original "JSSG360 cubed" (A:1WYR22 B:1WYR22) again. It offers the technically best sound imo (tight bass, a very large soundstage with great 3d imaging, very low noise floor). I will keep it now and enjoy listening.

A:1WY233 B:1WY233 has fuller sounding mids and a great atmosphere, so it is still a great configuration and worth a try.

1 hour ago, xxx1313 said:

I tried some other configurations, but went back now on Kurb's original "JSSG360 cubed" (A:1WYR22 B:1WYR22) again. It offers the technically best sound imo (tight bass, a very large soundstage with great 3d imaging, very low noise floor). I will keep it now and enjoy listening.

A:1WY233 B:1WY233 has fuller sounding mids and a great atmosphere, so it is still a great configuration and worth a try.

They both seems to offer excellent SQ, I just switched from JSSG360^3 to the latest A:1WY233 B:1WY233 few days ago, and liked it better, the only deviation is placing jumper cap on 4th pin opposite from pin-1.

1 hour ago, elan120 said:

They both seems to offer excellent SQ, I just switched from JSSG360^3 to the latest A:1WY233 B:1WY233 few days ago, and liked it better, the only deviation is placing jumper cap on 4th pin opposite from pin-1.

A:1WY233 B:1WY233

Not sure what the "33's" are above - are they another two sets of jumpers configured ar right angles to the comb?

Thanks

Well almost 8 pm here I guess ups was too busy and could not deliver like they were planning. Listening to my system now so transparent and good that I can just imagine how will it sound when I replace my cable with the lush^2, will circle back tomorrow 

30 minutes ago, luisma said:

Well almost 8 pm here I guess ups was too busy

luisma, that tracking does not look normal to me. If tomorrow morning 9am it doesn't tell "on truck for delivery" (or sth), please start calling UPS. Things as shown as of now just don't add up for me.

Sorry for this.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

1 hour ago, tims said:

A:1WY233 B:1WY233

Not sure what the "33's" are above - are they another two sets of jumpers configured ar right angles to the comb?

Thanks

I am taking the 33 notation from the posts before mine with the assumption they are showing the original configuration where pin-5 and pin-6 are connected together with jumper cap.

34 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

luisma, that tracking does not look normal to me. If tomorrow morning 9am it doesn't tell "on truck for delivery" (or sth), please start calling UPS. Things as shown as of now just don't add up for me.

Sorry for this.

Peter no worries, I was not complaining on the forum, you see I live in South Florida and everything here is like Latin America so it is expected UPS won't deliver, or run into some issue. I will get it tomorrow it is ok. Thank you for your comment.