IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

1 hour ago, luisma said:

Peter no worries, I was not complaining on the forum, you see I live in South Florida and everything here is like Latin America so it is expected UPS won't deliver, or run into some issue. I will get it tomorrow it is ok. Thank you for your comment. 

I see you never lived in Latin America😂

Roch

2 hours ago, luisma said:

you see I live in South Florida and everything here is like Latin America

Me too.  I wouldn't be surprised to look up my tracking number and see an expected delivery date of manana ... endlessly.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 hours ago, elcorso said:

I see you never lived in Latin America😂

Roch

Born and raised living 30 years on Communist Cuba with Castro and his revolution believe me I have seen things you might haven't, I meant it as a joke, no disrespect to Latin America,  

16 hours ago, luisma said:

Speaking of cord, now a same brand cable for such dac 

https://audiobacon.net/2019/07/31/chord-company-launches-new-epic-usb-cable/

I know it’s confusing but we actually have two companies named Chord. We have Chord Company who makes cables while Chord Electronics makes electronic gear like the Mojo and Dave.

Chord is known to make good digital cables, thou I have never tried any myself in my audio system so can’t say for sure, and not how it would fair against Peter's cables.     

2 hours ago, Summit said:

I know it’s confusing but we actually have two companies named Chord. We have Chord Company who makes cables while Chord Electronics makes electronic gear like the Mojo and Dave.

Chord is known to make good digital cables, thou I have never tried any myself in my audio system so can’t say for sure, and not how it would fair against Peter's cables.     

Sorry then, I thought Chord Electronics and Company were the same thing, my bad, I'm a NOOB

7 hours ago, luisma said:

Born and raised living 30 years on Communist Cuba with Castro and his revolution believe me I have seen things you might haven't, I meant it as a joke, no disrespect to Latin America,  

Me too, born and still living not in Cuba but in The Paradise. And believe me, our schedules are even worse than "mañana."

But I shouldn't complain, the weather is wonderful all year long and we have one of the highest happiness rates in the world 😂

Roch

29 minutes ago, elcorso said:

Me too, born and still living not in Cuba but in The Paradise. And believe me, our schedules are even worse than "mañana."

But I shouldn't complain, the weather is wonderful all year long and we have one of the highest happiness rates in the world 😂

Roch

Haha good for you ....  

Hi

I am currently using a Cardas Clear Hi Speed USB cable and would like a fuller and warmer sound.

I keep reading about the Phasure Lush 2 and know that many of you use it in your systems. Has anyone compared it to the Cardas and if so, will the Lush 2 give a fuller and warmer sound?

Thanks

DAM !!!   I've  followed this thread from the beginning and most of the original Lush posts (chuckled at all you guys discussing your various configuration's)

Managed to resist the purchase  all this time but it got the better of me today and I ordered one.

Not only that I am in the UK  ordered at 2.15 pm today and UPS say I will receive  it tomorrow Wow !!!  leaving  on a Jet Plane or what.

A bit off topic but I will let you know how it goes.       Ray.

1 hour ago, morepics said:

Not only that I am in the UK  ordered at 2.15 pm today and UPS say I will receive  it tomorrow Wow !!! 

Hi Ray, thank you very much.

Well, it isn't so much about ordering at 2.15pm, but merely that it was shipped maybe 10 minutes later. We turned packing into a gym, so yours could just make it - UPS being on its way.

The mere fun is that we liked to do it, while you now actually respond to it. I will pass the word. 9_9

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

On 8/7/2019 at 5:56 PM, morepics said:

Not only that I am in the UK  ordered at 2.15 pm today and UPS say I will receive  it tomorrow Wow !!!  leaving  on a Jet Plane or what.

Don't get use to it, it will change soon. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

8 hours ago, RickyV said:

Don't get use to it, it will change soon. 

You are mean !

But no. I don't think that will change. It is not food.

Although ... some people seem to eat them ?

XXHighEnd (developer)

1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

You are mean !

But no. I don't think that will change. It is not food.

Although ... some people seem to eat them ?

Mmmmmm sorry it wasn’t meant that mean. It’s just i that I am disappointed in the uk for leaving and taking a risk with uk and Europe economy, fueled by the populismed idiots of the world. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

On 8/16/2019 at 4:52 PM, TheAttorney said:

I've now had my 2nd Lush^2 in for a couple of weeks or so, so time for some feedback:

Wow ... Thanks for all that elaboration ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

Still on JSSG360cubed (A: xWYRxx, B: xWYRxx) with my Lush^2 cables. Soundstage is larger and better defined than with any other configeration I tried up to now. Sounds very realistic, technically excellent, with absence of digital glare, imo. I got to a similar conclusion as @TheAttorney on jumper caps. They do change the sound imo, and I like it most without jumper caps.

8 hours ago, FileMakerDev said:

First off I want to express my gratitude to everyone who has posted configuration settings. I haven't come up w/ anything original that I felt was good enough to share, but I have benefited enormously from those who have.

Next I'll comment on this afternoon's listening experiments (except it sounds so good now, it's hard to pull myself away long enough to type this). The relevant portion of my audio chain looks like this...

microRendu > Lush^2 > ISO-Regen > Lush^2 > Lampizator Big 7

...and for the last month I've had both my Lushes configured as JWYRJJ on both the A and B sides... where "J" indicates a perpendicular jumper attached to a single pin. I was happy when I chose that configuration, and then I got distracted by life and work, and didn't do much critical listening for about three weeks. However, over the last week or so I've had more time to just sit and listen, and while my system sounded very good, it seemed a bit clinical and I felt something was missing.

So today, intrigued by the recent postings here, I decided to try a couple new configurations out. Note: all changes were applied to both Lushes.

My first experiment was to remove the jumpers from my current config, which gave me JSSG360cubed, i.e., xWYRxx on both A and B. To be honest, and at the risk of exposing myself as a tin-eared Philistine, I couldn't hear any difference.

Next I decided to give TANF ( A: xWYxxx, B: xWYRxx ) a shot. Wow. Double wow. The missing magic materialized in spades... first off, there is a ton more going on with the high frequencies. Second, there is some extra energy in the lower midrange that resonates in my body and feels so damn good. I have a clearer sense of precise placement of each instrument in the sound stage (not surprising given that I'm hearing more highs), and for lack of a better term, the music feels more three-dimensional... palpable and sweet.

After about a half hour of enjoying this I decided to give JSSG360cubed another shot (just a matter of reconnecting the red wire on the A side). The difference was not subtle. The sound stage collapsed and the magic vanished. Hard to believe that one tiny change could make such a significant difference.

Bottom line: as of today TANF is my new favorite, and you might want to give it a try. (If your system is on the bright side to begin with, it could be too much.)

I agree with at least two WOW to!

Music feels so more three-dimensional... palpable and sweet that I can't leave the listen room.

Since today I use:

PS

• To be noted my HQPlayer settings:
    • NEW since today: Buffer time: 250ms (coming from "default")
    • Oversampling: poly-sinc-xtr-mp-2s
    • Modulator: ASDM7EC
    • Bit Rate: 48k x 256
    • Multicore DSP: greyed