IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 9/16/2023 at 2:57 PM, Balthazar B said:

David, do you expect that this SDK will be available to and supported for third parties for integration into software solutions, e.g., Volumio, Moode, LMS, etc.? Maybe even a Qobuz flavor of Raspotify for dedicated ARM and Risc-V SBC streamers?

For the moment we are focused on hardware devices but our application will be Controller and Receiver so yes this can be possible for software but not yet decided. We need to think of that in the future.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 9/16/2023 at 2:57 PM, Balthazar B said:

David, do you expect that this SDK will be available to and supported for third parties for integration into software solutions, e.g., Volumio, Moode, LMS, etc.? Maybe even a Qobuz flavor of Raspotify for dedicated ARM and Risc-V SBC streamers?

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist Open Source the Framework and let the community be creative! Protect the APIs but opensource the implementations. This would not only increase the safety but also the adoption!

A new car is exciting, so rather than decide what music to put on the phone 14TB to 200GB, why not be brave and try a streaming service!

Enter Qobuz, millions of songs, hi-res, what's not to love.

The native Qobuz app doesn't EQ, for a car, well it needs EQ. On Android Auto, definitely no EQ. To boot, running Android Auto also masks the vehicles's tracking system, so it doesn't record the trip. Downside, but it's not Qobuz problem.

OK, there's a playlist yacht favourites, it's light rock music, I play, something in the background, until Diana Tell en francais. Ah I remember to look her profile up and see what albums she has. Nil, no Diana Tell, zippo. Strange, Te yeux is in the playlist, but her listings are nil. Eh? Move on. 

Try search a really rare German Kraut Rock band from the 70's, Thirsty Moon. Nope. What about Claire Parsons, her album Geometry is quite the recording at 48kHz. Nope.

This region restriction mentality is alive and well I see.

Let's try The Doors, 'Absolutely Live' search. Nope. What? Surely. 'The Doors' is actually found, and filtering through the new remasters, end up with a different name but has the 'Celebration of the Lizard' but it's not called that, rather the tracks are individually listed. 

Looking through the new releases lot of pop princesses/rap....only needs 5s intro and already the list is not to my liking.

Millions of Songs.

Lots of new remasters which are usually (c)rapped dynamic range.

The sound through the bass heavy Sony WM3 is light, wow. Is this really hi-res, says it does near the album, ah, click into the track and it's CD quality. Eh?

I have a Duo Membership started last week. Going to play Qobuz through the Lumin app again and see if it's improved, the USB chain is very different now, maybe that mono reproduction is now gone too.

Very much leaning to vaporise Qobuz and it's supposed to be the better streaming service.

Well, better start deciding what to put on the phone and save AUD20 a month.

Millions of songs.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

On 9/12/2023 at 11:03 AM, Brantome said:

A very simple and straightforward solution would be to add a relatively inexpensive separate streamer like a WiiM Pro (which I have and use for Qobuz feeding my Linn MDSM/4) which has full bit perfect Qobuz support and will hopefully be at the forefront of suppliers implementing Qobuz Connect. Often the problem with behemoths like Denon/Marantz is that they move slowly in those areas, whereas smaller agile companies like WiiM can react and provide solutions more quickly.

Not going to add any extra device, sorry

On 9/19/2023 at 9:54 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

With Qobuz Connect, you'll benefit from the experience and content of our applications. The editorial section, for example, is only available on our applications. What's more, you'll have immediate access to all the features offered on our applications. But you're free to continue using HQ Player or other applications if you like.

Regards

Spotify (that has Spotify Connect on Marantz) is close to putting live a HiRes plan, so you'd better hurry up 😁

BTW, new Android 14 has the following statement in release notes: support to losless audio format through usb headphones: dies it mean I can now use Qobuz app instead of UAPP to listen to songs on the phone and get bit perfect?

•  
11 hours ago, thegios said:

BTW, new Android 14 has the following statement in release notes: support to losless audio format through usb headphones: dies it mean I can now use Qobuz app instead of UAPP to listen to songs on the phone and get bit perfect?

Here is the specific section in the Android 14 documentation: Preferred mixer attributes on USB devices. It describes an optional bit-perfect mode for USB audio that can be set by an app. Interesting that it mentions MQA and DSD, but it's only in the context that those formats require bit-perfect to work properly. Qobuz will need to update their Android app to support bit-perfect. All of this is assuming that your phone is running Android 14.

20 minutes ago, RichardSF said:

Here is the specific section in the Android 14 documentation: Preferred mixer attributes on USB devices. It describes an optional bit-perfect mode for USB audio that can be set by an app. Interesting that it mentions MQA and DSD, but it's only in the context that those formats require bit-perfect to work properly. Qobuz will need to update their Android app to support bit-perfect. All of this is assuming that your phone is running Android 14.

I have a Pixel 7 PRO that just got updated :-)
@David Craff any chance the android app will be updated accordingly so that I can get rid of UAPP app?

On 10/4/2023 at 1:53 PM, thegios said:

Spotify (that has Spotify Connect on Marantz) is close to putting live a HiRes plan, so you'd better hurry up 😁

And of course Spotify is hoping you'll be willing to pay considerably more than you do today, and more than Qobuz costs, for the privilege of listening to anything better than their crappy lossy content. And it also assumes Spotify doesn't muck up the HiRes/CD quality content in some way, which is a risk.

Qobuz needs Connect and a few other tweaks to its UX and functionality, but at least it already has the highest quality content playback, IMHO, which is the most important thing also IMHO.

6 hours ago, Balthazar B said:

And of course Spotify is hoping you'll be willing to pay considerably more than you do today, and more than Qobuz costs, for the privilege of listening to anything better than their crappy lossy content. And it also assumes Spotify doesn't muck up the HiRes/CD quality content in some way, which is a risk.

Qobuz needs Connect and a few other tweaks to its UX and functionality, but at least it already has the highest quality content playback, IMHO, which is the most important thing also IMHO.

I was joking... 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brantome said:

It’s has however been confusing people for a while e.g. https://www.avforums.com/threads/qobuz-connect-compatible-streamers.2399794/post-30101586

Thought that avforums thread looked familiar. Never did find anything about Microchip's Jukeblox devices - wonder if they are still supported by the Qobuz app. 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

@David Craff: Dear David, I‘m sorry to repeat my request posted here previously, since it seems it hasn‘t received an answer; at least I can‘t remember one (sorry if I‘m wrong!).

I‘d like to see the GUI of the iOS Qobuz App get a little overhaul in order to bring it up to the iOS standards. On long listings like in particular the Favorites list and the Local Music list, the scrolling axis should be BELOW the search field, but not ABOVE as it is now. It is such a nuisance and pain to have to manually scroll all the way up to the top in order to enter a search term, when one has been reading the list somewhere down. Please check all instances of search fields for an orderly and user-friendly behavior.

I know the iOS App is not the most common way of using Qobuz, and as such it doesn‘t have high priority as Qobuz Connect has. But, please, let me know whether my request will be picked up in the foreseeable future.

Thanks in advance for listening to this user.

On 10/22/2023 at 6:26 AM, 111MilesToGo said:

@David Craff: It is such a nuisance and pain to have to manually scroll all the way up to the top in order to enter a search term, when one has been reading the list somewhere down. 

Hi,

I'm not sure if I have understood you well - if so, a workaround might be tapping on top of the screen (near to the notch) and it scrolls all the page up to the top. This behaviour is native to ios, so it works in every ios app.

Sorry if I got U wrong.

best regards, Vitor