IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 1/26/2023 at 5:37 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

Of course this year, we think we will have a first beta version within 2 months.

Regards

Nearly August now and no beta version that I've seen, do you have any update as to when Qobuz Connect can be expected, and is it still the plan to have it beta tested with WiiM devices first, or will the beta be available for other platforms too?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Hi there!

Apologies if this has been discussed already.  But I'm having major frustrating issues with trying to stream from the app to my Marantz 40 receiver.  When I first installed the receiver and did the HEOS connection process, Qobuz seemed to be able to stream to the receiver quite easily and consistently.  After a few weeks or a couple of months, I don't remember, it stopped wanting to stream.  Spotify never had any issues streaming this whole time, but I decided to factory reset the receiver, delete the app, re install it, basically start from scratch again and it began to work again.  Now, again, a week or two later, it doesn't want to connect to the receiver!!!! Again, no issues with Spotify.  Needless to say, I am SUPER frustrated.  Can someone please help me troubleshoot this? 

Thanks! 

-Pablo 

• pabl0b changed the title to Qobuz issues with Marantz Model 40n

Hi there Pablo,

Your post is a bit cryptic, given that HEOS app doesn't actually provide Denon/Marantz HEOS devices with access to Qobuz (like it provides access to other online music streaming services, such as TIDAL & Deezer).

So best guess, the 'app' you are referring to is the official Qobuz app (third party Qobuz providing apps could also be a possibility). Presumably, that 'app' would also be the iOS iPad/iPhone version of the Qobuz app, since the Marantz (Cinema) 40 AV receiver doesn't support Google's Chromecast streaming (which rules out the Android version of the Qobuz app). but does support Apple's AirPlay 2 streaming.

If my deduction is correct, then your issue likely hasn't actually got anything to do with Qobuz as such given that it appears to be a general AirPlay connection problem between your iPhone/iPad & your Marantz receiver.

BTW, did you test making sure to use the Spotify app's AirPlay connection to the Marantz, or did you actually test using its Spotify Connect connection to the Marantz (the Cinema 40 receiver also supports Spotify Connect streaming) in your comparison with the Qobuz app?

Spotify Connect streaming uses a completely different mechanism to AirPlay streaming, so you can't really make a like for like comparison between the two. 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist

Recent member and have Sublime with the intent to listen to music but also download some favs.  Qobuz accepted our Visa for the year long membership and for the following four download purchases but is now, inexplicably, refusing payment from two cards we have, both of which have a generous credit limit and a zero balance.  

Cards work everywhere so wondering if anyone is also has had this issue.  

Thanks in advance.  
I do realize these cross border Visa transactions can be problematic but simply question if Qobuz can have a look to see if their transaction house is a tad paranoid.

Often order from the EU (eClassical for one) without any concern nor problems so WTF!!!!!

Mon dieu!!!!

On 5/3/2023 at 8:16 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,  can you explain to me your need about

- Print

- Save

About re-order the favourites, we are working on "My Qobuz" to manage your library, the goal of this feature is to navigate in your library without the need to re-order the favourites.

Regards

Dear David -- After considerable digging, I have concluded that neither Soundiiz, which does allow downloading of Qobuz favorites and then sorting them as desired, e.g. in Excel, nor "My Qobuz," about which I specifically asked Qobuz Support, can satisfy my and 111MilesToGo's need to re-order our Qobuz favorites as desired in either or the BlueSound app. or the Qobuz Web Player (which would transfer to the former).  There must be others who want this ability also!  We still need Qobuz to work on this problem.

Re. Soundiiz, using it to upload re-ordered Favorites back to Qobuz cannot preserve the re-ordering.

Re. "My Quobuz," Support answered, "My Qobuz will not be able to help with sorting out your music on your BlueSound Node 2i, this is something completely separate. There will need to be a separate update for that, but I do not have any news in regards to the matter."

Please raise this issue with the developers again, not just with the "My Qobuz" team but also with the Web Player team.  Best Regards -- JCW6

On 8/6/2023 at 11:33 PM, JCW6 said:

Dear David -- After considerable digging, I have concluded that neither Soundiiz, which does allow downloading of Qobuz favorites and then sorting them as desired, e.g. in Excel, nor "My Qobuz," about which I specifically asked Qobuz Support, can satisfy my and 111MilesToGo's need to re-order our Qobuz favorites as desired in either or the BlueSound app. or the Qobuz Web Player (which would transfer to the former).  There must be others who want this ability also!  We still need Qobuz to work on this problem.

Re. Soundiiz, using it to upload re-ordered Favorites back to Qobuz cannot preserve the re-ordering.

Re. "My Quobuz," Support answered, "My Qobuz will not be able to help with sorting out your music on your BlueSound Node 2i, this is something completely separate. There will need to be a separate update for that, but I do not have any news in regards to the matter."

Please raise this issue with the developers again, not just with the "My Qobuz" team but also with the Web Player team.  Best Regards -- JCW6

About My Qobuz I don't know who wrote this knowing that the project is ongoing and that nothing is really set in stone yet. I think it's worth waiting for the release of this project to see if it meets your expectations. If it doesn't, we can then review your needs and see what we can do.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

So i can log into qobuz on my mac and play my playlist.  my lumin app will not log in.   my m connect app kinda logs in!!  All i can see is discover albums and they only play for 30 seconds.   I checked my account and im paid up till 2024

But like i said on my Imac. qobuz works perfect. but. my lumin app and mconnect app can not log into my full qobuz account.   lumin app wont even work at all with qobuz.

Any issues today

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 4:24 PM, wdw said:

Recent member and have Sublime with the intent to listen to music but also download some favs.  Qobuz accepted our Visa for the year long membership and for the following four download purchases but is now, inexplicably, refusing payment from two cards we have, both of which have a generous credit limit and a zero balance.  

Cards work everywhere so wondering if anyone is also has had this issue.  

Thanks in advance.  
I do realize these cross border Visa transactions can be problematic but simply question if Qobuz can have a look to see if their transaction house is a tad paranoid.

Often order from the EU (eClassical for one) without any concern nor problems so WTF!!!!!

Mon dieu!!!!

Want to bump this...it's been four weeks since contacting Qobuz on this issue and nothing positive has been done to resolve the issue.  I have been advised that

"...seems that Checkout is blocking our US customers for no good reason.  We'll take a look at your case, but at worst we'll be able to add you to a whitelist, which should solve the problem..."

so it appears there are others facing the same issue.  Support from Qobuz, one this issue, is abysmal.  I seriously question if anything is being done.  If their credit authorization system is denying valid customers purchases it is time for them to employ a differing credit system.  

They make reference to a 3DS authorization protocol but my bank is baffled by this and claims to know nothing about it.

Hi there, 

just wondering if anyone is having issues downloading purchases from windows desktop app.

It looks like since the last update, I am not able to download anything from my account.

Already tried to:

- fully reinstall the application after removing $USER/AppData/Roaming/Qobuz

- fresh install on a different PC

Any idea?

Thanks.

On 9/9/2023 at 3:32 PM, PaulStark said:

Hi there, 

just wondering if anyone is having issues downloading purchases from windows desktop app.

It looks like since the last update, I am not able to download anything from my account.

Already tried to:

- fully reinstall the application after removing $USER/AppData/Roaming/Qobuz

- fresh install on a different PC

Any idea?

Thanks.

Can you contact me in private to have a look at your issue.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

10 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

In fact, no HiFi brand currently offers Qobuz Connect, although it is now under development. If you have any questions about this project, I'm the person in charge, even Dan Mackta doesn't know everything as well as I do :D

So to give you a quick update, we're making good progress on the project, and this month we'll be finalizing the minimum necessary for HiFi brands to start integrating the Alpha/Beta version.

Regards

Hi, David. Would it be a fair assumption that if one were interested in testing Qobuz Connect through a CE manufacturer (WiiM, say), providing feedback, etc.,  that one will do so through that OEM's beta program -- in concert with a Qobuz subscription, of course -- and the communication channel would be through that manufacturer? Or will you/Qobuz wish to have -- and therefore provide -- a more direct channel with beta testers using a variety of devices from your CE partners?

Cheers!

10 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

In fact, no HiFi brand currently offers Qobuz Connect, although it is now under development. If you have any questions about this project, I'm the person in charge, even Dan Mackta doesn't know everything as well as I do :D

So to give you a quick update, we're making good progress on the project, and this month we'll be finalizing the minimum necessary for HiFi brands to start integrating the Alpha/Beta version.

Regards

I thought that a Bluesound Node will support Qobuz natively allowing the phone app to just control it. Not sure if this is different from the term "Qobuz Connect" that is being used. 

David can you clarify? I am considering a Bluesound Node based upon this understanding. I use Roon/Qobuz on my at home system but want to use Qobuz on a media system at another location without sending it from my phone via Bluetooth.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

5 minutes ago, mourip said:

I thought that a Bluesound Node will support Qobuz natively allowing the phone app to just control it. Not sure if this is different from the term "Qobuz Connect" that is being used. 

David can you clarify? I am considering a Bluesound Node based upon this understanding. I use Roon/Qobuz on my at home system but want to use Qobuz on a media system at another location without sending it from my phone via Bluetooth.

For now the BluOS app will send Qobuz music right from Qobuz or Tidal or Amazon right to Bluesound hardware. Your phone is only a remote control. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

For now the BluOS app will send Qobuz music right from Qobuz or Tidal or Amazon right to Bluesound hardware. Your phone is only a remote control. 

Thanks! As long as the files are going from the Qobuz server directly to my DAC I can live with an unperfected interface. Looking forward to Qobuz Connect however.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

OK, why is the latest issue "DIdo and Aeneas" by La Nona Musica shown to be available and allows you to "add to library" but once doing so not playable with each track listed as unavailable...huh?

Also still waiting for a resolution to the paid download issue, now into six weeks but I guess it is...?

I enjoy Qobuz completely but wondering about these things like the two listed above.  By your own writing to me,  your credit security system is not allowing payments from NA so I would only assume this should be a significant issue to Qobuz but…?