IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

3 hours ago, wdw said:

why is the latest issue "DIdo and Aeneas" by La Nona Musica shown to be available and allows you to "add to library" but once doing so not playable with each track listed as unavailable

Possibly the album hasn't been released yet. The Pentatone website shows the album release date as 22 September 2023, but Qobuz thinks the release date is 1 September 2023.

Edit: Pentatone's announcement of the album

https://www.pentatonemusic.com/lnm-and-david-bates-present-dido-aeneas-purcells-most-widely-admired-work/

says:

Digital Release Date: 22 SEPTEMBER 2023

Physical Release: SEPTEMBER 2023

Hi all, been away for a while and I would like to know from @David Craff if...

... conversation with MARANTZ/DENON has had any progress: I am nevere ever gonna move to another brand (I have marantz and I am going to buy a new one) and Qobuz non being on Marantz is a big showstopper for renewing my contract (Bubble UPNP is still too akward and not user friedly)... yes I can sue Qobuz app and share to Bubble UPNP yet...

... any chance to have DLNA support on the WIndows app?

thx

g.

47 minutes ago, thegios said:

... conversation with MARANTZ/DENON has had any progress: I am nevere ever gonna move to another brand (I have marantz and I am going to buy a new one) and Qobuz non being on Marantz is a big showstopper for renewing my contract (Bubble UPNP is still too akward and not user friedly)... yes I can sue Qobuz app and share to Bubble UPNP yet...

thx

g.

A very simple and straightforward solution would be to add a relatively inexpensive separate streamer like a WiiM Pro (which I have and use for Qobuz feeding my Linn MDSM/4) which has full bit perfect Qobuz support and will hopefully be at the forefront of suppliers implementing Qobuz Connect. Often the problem with behemoths like Denon/Marantz is that they move slowly in those areas, whereas smaller agile companies like WiiM can react and provide solutions more quickly.

3 hours ago, thegios said:

Wow, you certainly have been away 'for a while'. Unfortunately, not - UPnP/DLNA support in the Qobuz app was confirmed removed in favour of their upcoming own network media streaming protocol, Qobuz Connect, over a year ago!

A brief history of the decision:

Posted October 10, 2020 - by @David Craff

You well understand. UPnP Will be studied  and implemented if it meets the security constraints. If not, the functionality will be removed. For the moment we need to secure our application.

Posted December 2, 2020 - by @David Craff (in the Qobuz Features Requests thread)

Our first attempt to manage the UPnP protocol was not good. We will therefore study the feasibility of doing it again and then decide.

The bonus of no longer being dependent on a Qobuz application depends on an integration of our service in the device. This is up to the manufacturer's choice

Posted May 11, 2021 - by @David Craff

This is one of the priority for this new fiscal year.We will study this part : UPnP / Qobuz Connect...

Posted July 7, 2022 - by @David Craff

Sorry but UPnP will not be added to the desktop app. We are working on Qobuz Connect (our own protocol) to manage hifi device in the network.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

14 hours ago, RichardSF said:

Possibly the album hasn't been released yet. The Pentatone website shows the album release date as 22 September 2023, but Qobuz thinks the release date is 1 September 2023.

Edit: Pentatone's announcement of the album

https://www.pentatonemusic.com/lnm-and-david-bates-present-dido-aeneas-purcells-most-widely-admired-work/

says:

Digital Release Date: 22 SEPTEMBER 2023

Physical Release: SEPTEMBER 2023

Thanks for this...that explains it.  This was offered as a download sale item about a week ago but due to the payments issues described earlier in this thread couldn't complete the transaction.

15 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Why?

A tongue-in-cheek question, I guess (?).

Any poll has a hard time going beyond the customary ”a zillion Elvis fans can‘t be wrong“ level. Same for that one. To me, the poll results only say that the approx. 50% majority of participants stays inside an ecosystem - be that Spotify Connect or Tidal Connect -, but there is no clue as to the split between S and T, nor is there a clue to the reasonings behind that choice.

By citing that poll here, I just wanted to point to one possible conclusion: Qobuz Connect might potentially become a choice in line with that polled majority choice of Spotify Connect or Tidal Connect.

@The Computer Audiophile, I‘d be grateful for giving me your reasons behind that simple ”Why?“. And yes, I had read your article on JPLAY …

3 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

d be grateful for giving me your reasons behind that simple ”Why?“.

Hi @111MilesToGo, you nailed it with this …

3 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

By citing that poll here, I just wanted to point to one possible conclusion: Qobuz Connect might potentially become a choice in line with that polled majority choice of Spotify Connect or Tidal Connect.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

22 hours ago, wdw said:

Thanks for this...that explains it.  This was offered as a download sale item about a week ago but due to the payments issues described earlier in this thread couldn't complete the transaction.

Just a heads up; if others have been also blocked from downloading, the site is now working.  Was advised by Qobuz support the problem has been solved and am now downloading the Dido and Aeneas, mentioned above.  BTW: their new downloader works well!

On 9/12/2023 at 10:17 AM, thegios said:

thx

g.

Hi,

We have a new contact from HEOS who manages this brands. It looks like things could be moving in the right direction, probably towards Qobuz Connect.

And Qobuz will not use UPnP/DLNa for security reasons.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 9/11/2023 at 9:45 PM, mourip said:

I thought that a Bluesound Node will support Qobuz natively allowing the phone app to just control it. Not sure if this is different from the term "Qobuz Connect" that is being used. 

David can you clarify? I am considering a Bluesound Node based upon this understanding. I use Roon/Qobuz on my at home system but want to use Qobuz on a media system at another location without sending it from my phone via Bluetooth.

BlueOs can directly acces to our audio server with our API. I'm not aware exactly how BlueOS works but I think that the audio device working with Blue OS will directly the the audio source from our server and play it.

Qobuz Connect is another project. This is our description:

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

15 hours ago, David Craff said:

Qobuz Connect operates as a communication protocol that orchestrates the interaction between the Controller (Qobuz application), the Receiver (Qobuz Connect SDK integrated into Hi-Fi equipment), and the Server (dedicated Qobuz Connect server). It enables users to control and enjoy their music seamlessly while maintaining a robust and secure channel for communication between the application and the Hi-Fi equipment.

I access my QoBuz Sublime subscription and stream via HQ Player desktop and client on PC , UAPP app. on my android DAP. Both work very well. Is there any additional advantage that QoBuz Connect will confer for these use cases?

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

23 hours ago, David Craff said:

Qobuz Connect operates as a communication protocol that orchestrates the interaction between the Controller (Qobuz application), the Receiver (Qobuz Connect SDK integrated into Hi-Fi equipment), and the Server (dedicated Qobuz Connect server). It enables users to control and enjoy their music seamlessly while maintaining a robust and secure channel for communication between the application and the Hi-Fi equipment.

David, do you expect that this SDK will be available to and supported for third parties for integration into software solutions, e.g., Volumio, Moode, LMS, etc.? Maybe even a Qobuz flavor of Raspotify for dedicated ARM and Risc-V SBC streamers?

4 hours ago, Balthazar B said:

The main advantage is that you would use the native Qobuz apps as your controller, which are likely to provide both a richer and more functional interface than any third-party application built on top of the more limited API available. And that will progressively be the better-developed and -supported method going forward, assuming CE manufacturers and other third parties jump on board, as I would expect them to.

Noted @Balthazar B. @David Craff I hope this development of QoBuz Connect does not replace or preclude continued access through HQP and UAPP which is incredibly convenient as a "one stop shopping", integrated and unified interface to my sublime subscription within the core apps I use daily. Thanks for bearing this key use case in mind.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

6 hours ago, Balthazar B said:

Maybe even a Qobuz flavor of Raspotify for dedicated ARM and Risc-V SBC streamers?

Open source Librespot based Raspotify is probably not the best example to use, given that it is not officially supported by Spotify themselves!

https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot

image.png.088e747f823b020c34b36e478209aa38.png

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Open source Librespot based Raspotify is probably not the best example to use, given that it is not officially supported by Spotify themselves!

Sure, and Spotify could move the goalposts and break things if they wanted. But given that Raspotify requires authentication to a Spotify Premium account to be useful, and to the extent it makes it relatively inexpensive from a hardware standpoint to provide a high-quality streaming experience via Spotify Connect and thereby encourages subscribers, I have a feeling that Spotify is more inclined towards de facto approval of this access method, and won't break it unless absolutely necessary for other reasons. 

I hope Qobuz finds this a compelling-enough use case as well to enable getting Qobuz-specific streaming devices into their subscribers' hands.