IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Dear David (or Anyone) -- Seems there is still no way to print, save (to computer), or re-order a list of "Favorites" in Qobuz, correct?

If still no, could you please raise that on the "wish list?"

I stream Qobuz primarily through my BlueSound Note 2i but occasionally at my PC with the Qobuz Web Player (https://play.qobuz.com/user/library/favorites/albums).  The latter is where I would like to download (copy) or reorganize this list.  I asked via email couple of years ago, and Sebastien replied that there was no way then, but I had hoped you had updated by now.  Still frustrated... -- JCW6

10 hours ago, JCW6 said:

Dear David (or Anyone) -- Seems there is still no way to print, save (to computer), or re-order a list of "Favorites" in Qobuz, correct?

I stream Qobuz primarily through my BlueSound Note 2i but occasionally at my PC with the Qobuz Web Player (https://play.qobuz.com/user/library/favorites/albums).  The latter is where I would like to download (copy) or reorganize this list.  I asked via email couple of years ago, and Sebastien replied that there was no way then, but I had hoped you had updated by now.  Still frustrated... -- JCW6

+1 ! I am also looking for the same functionalities.

In particular, I wish I could sort my Favorites (albums only, not tracks) just the way I want. Yes, the current sortings are okayish and should remain as they are. But I really would like to sort my favorited albums in exactly the way I sort physical CDs on a shelf:

(A) Jazz, rock, blues, pop etc:

(1) By artist‘s last name - not first name, not pseudonym if it‘s occurring in some instances only; e.g. I want the album ”Layla“ to be sorted under ”C“ as in Clapton, not under ”E“ for Eric or ”D“ for Derek and the Dominos.

(2) For one artist, I want to sort albums chronologically by date of recording (ideally) or date of release.

(B) Classical:

(1) By composer‘s last name, if there is one main composer for the album; or by main artist‘s last name in case of several composers for the album.

(2) For one composer, I like to go by type of works, e.g. symphonies first, then concerts for solo instruments and orchestra, then solo instrumental works, then small group instrumental works, then operas etc.

(3) For one type of work like a symphony, I‘d sub-sort various recordings by date of recording / release.

You get the idea … and it‘s obvious that the available sortings don‘t even get close.

@JCW6, I still have on my agenda to look at Soundiiz and try to find out what that could do for our desires. I haven‘t gotten around to it yet. From their website, I find what they are known for, transferring favorites and playlists between streaming platforms. There is also an entry called ”export lists in various formats“. Just hypothesizing, exporting a favorites list to a csv file would give a printing opportunity (not pretty though); and such csv file could be sorted ad libitum. Taking the hypothesizing even further, I could think of clearing my Qobuz favorites and then re-import from the re-sorted csv file - in the hope that the new time stamps ”date added“ then would give me exactly the sorting I want (provided they would be sufficiently granular from one favorite album to the next).

But I would much more hope for Qobuz ( @David Craff, please) to give us a way to sort favorites manually, just like we can sort for example Safari favorites on Apple devices. Remark: I had asked some weeks ago, and David had answered they would make it a task for the devs.

Thanks for reading!

On 5/1/2023 at 10:50 PM, JCW6 said:

Hi,  can you explain to me your need about

- Print

- Save

About re-order the favourites, we are working on "My Qobuz" to manage your library, the goal of this feature is to navigate in your library without the need to re-order the favourites.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:59 AM, 111MilesToGo said:

+1 ! I am also looking for the same functionalities.

In particular, I wish I could sort my Favorites (albums only, not tracks) just the way I want. Yes, the current sortings are okayish and should remain as they are. But I really would like to sort my favorited albums in exactly the way I sort physical CDs on a shelf:

(A) Jazz, rock, blues, pop etc:

(1) By artist‘s last name - not first name, not pseudonym if it‘s occurring in some instances only; e.g. I want the album ”Layla“ to be sorted under ”C“ as in Clapton, not under ”E“ for Eric or ”D“ for Derek and the Dominos.

(2) For one artist, I want to sort albums chronologically by date of recording (ideally) or date of release.

(B) Classical:

(1) By composer‘s last name, if there is one main composer for the album; or by main artist‘s last name in case of several composers for the album.

(2) For one composer, I like to go by type of works, e.g. symphonies first, then concerts for solo instruments and orchestra, then solo instrumental works, then small group instrumental works, then operas etc.

(3) For one type of work like a symphony, I‘d sub-sort various recordings by date of recording / release.

You get the idea … and it‘s obvious that the available sortings don‘t even get close.

@JCW6, I still have on my agenda to look at Soundiiz and try to find out what that could do for our desires. I haven‘t gotten around to it yet. From their website, I find what they are known for, transferring favorites and playlists between streaming platforms. There is also an entry called ”export lists in various formats“. Just hypothesizing, exporting a favorites list to a csv file would give a printing opportunity (not pretty though); and such csv file could be sorted ad libitum. Taking the hypothesizing even further, I could think of clearing my Qobuz favorites and then re-import from the re-sorted csv file - in the hope that the new time stamps ”date added“ then would give me exactly the sorting I want (provided they would be sufficiently granular from one favorite album to the next).

But I would much more hope for Qobuz ( @David Craff, please) to give us a way to sort favorites manually, just like we can sort for example Safari favorites on Apple devices. Remark: I had asked some weeks ago, and David had answered they would make it a task for the devs.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for this feedback. I will send it to the person in charge of the "My Qobuz" project.

About sorting favourites I only send to the person in charge the idea. I do not manage the squad working on the content.

I think it's good to wait for the release of "My Qobuz" to see what it will bring to your experience and then see if there are still features you want to have.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

7 minutes ago, David Craff said:

- Print

- Save

About re-order the favourites, we are working on "My Qobuz" to manage your library, the goal of this feature is to navigate in your library without the need to re-order the favourites.

Regards

1 minute ago, David Craff said:

Thanks for this feedback. I will send it to the person in charge of the "My Qobuz" project.

About sorting favourites I only send to the person in charge the idea. I do not manage the squad working on the content.

I think it's good to wait for the release of "My Qobuz" to see what it will bring to your experience and then see if there are still features you want to have.

Regards

Great to hear about ”My Qobuz“ with respect to managing the Favorites. Looking forward to it!

Hey guys, quick comments about the Qobuz PC app... Has anybody else noticed that the window size is not maintained after closing the program then re-opening it again? Especially when using Windows scale factor, Qobuz doesn't follow along in it's window sizing and persistence.- I adjust the Qobuz interface to the size I like, but it's not persistent! Drives me nuts! ... Seems like a simple fix. Why is this? - Also, why is there no option to eliminate the Qobuz volume control like Tidal allows... And why is the volume control not using the mouse scroll wheel for adjustment? You need to land on the control then click and drag it instead... Some very annoying issues in the Qobuz interface on a PC, (Windows 10\64.) - What's up with the interface? Tidal interface is sooo much more polished (functional). - Am I missing something? I thought Qobuz was a big deal. Who writes these programs anyway? ... Teenage programming students?? Lol.

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

- Print

- Save

Regards

Dear David -- I don't know where or how one might use the "My Qobuz" app you are working on, but I don't see how it could solve my problem.

Recall that my primary use of Qobuz is streaming through BlueSound hardware to my hi-fi, which requires using the BluOS app.  I don't see how "manage[ing] your library... without the need to re-order the favourites" will result in the favorites being ordered the way I want them in the BluOS app (or in the Qobuz Web Player for that matter).

Regarding saving and printing, I want the ability to share my favorites (preferably re-ordered) with friends who don't necessarily use Qobuz, not to mention to retain a permanent record of them either on paper or, preferably, in a PC spreadsheet or Word file.

Thanks for your consideration! -- JCW6

@David Craff

Please have the responsible personnel send out the latest beta update for iOS in Apple’s TestFlight app as it it currently behind the regular consumer version that is currently available. Also please reprimand the proper personnel to keep this updated as this has happened repeatedly several times now over the last several updates. Beta is beta for a reason in order to help smooth things out for mass market. Doesn’t make sense or is also not a good idea to do it backwards don’t you think? I also pointed this out to customer service who said they would let the proper team know over a week ago and still no updates. The beta is at 7.1.1 and the regular update is at 7.2.0. Thanks.

6 hours ago, David Craff said:

- Print

- Save

Regards

David -- Did you also see my previous post complaining about privacy issues (according to the Apple app store) in the Qobuz mobile app?  Are these real?  If so, why is this kind of snooping on your own subscribers reasonable/necessary? -- JCW6

5 minutes ago, Jud said:

- Link your Qobuz account to Soundiiz through the Soundiiz website.

- On Soundiiz, select the Qobuz playlist you want to export and click “Export as File.”

- Confirm the tracklist by selecting “Text.”

- Save the exported tracklist to your device by clicking “Download File.”

Dear Jud -- Thanks!  I will check this out, but...

Does it also work with albums in my favorites.  I'm much less interested in playlists or tracks.  Regards -- JCW6

10 minutes ago, JCW6 said:

Does it also work with albums in my favorites.  I'm much less interested in playlists or tracks.  Regards -- JCW6

Don't know, that was the result of a minute's web search - will leave further exploration of Soundiiz capabilities to you. 🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

16 minutes ago, Stereo said:

@David Craff

Please have the responsible personnel send out the latest beta update for iOS in Apple’s TestFlight app as it it currently behind the regular consumer version that is currently available. Also please reprimand the proper personnel to keep this updated as this has happened repeatedly several times now over the last several updates. Beta is beta for a reason in order to help smooth things out for mass market. Doesn’t make sense or is also not a good idea to do it backwards don’t you think? I also pointed this out to customer service who said they would let the proper team know over a week ago and still no updates. The beta is at 7.1.1 and the regular update is at 7.2.0. Thanks.

I get Apple developer and other software betas.  There is not a separate team working on betas from the one working on the main app. At the point where the bugs have been worked out of the betas sufficiently to produce a release, the release version will either be the same as or ahead of the available betas. Then the team goes back to working on the app, putting out betas for the next development cycle.

Apple times its releases and betas so that the initial developer beta is offered at nearly the same time or just hours later than the release. This isn't because the team is making great strides in development within hours, it's because Apple holds back the developer beta until the release is made. Qobuz doesn't hold back the betas in this way, so what you see is a period of time when the release version is ahead, until there is sufficient new development to send out the new beta.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

29 minutes ago, JCW6 said:

David -- Did you also see my previous post complaining about privacy issues (according to the Apple app store) in the Qobuz mobile app?  Are these real?  If so, why is this kind of snooping on your own subscribers reasonable/necessary? -- JCW6

Do you have an iPhone? When you install an app, there's a dialog from Apple that should come up, giving you the option of preventing tracking of activity on third party sites.

29 minutes ago, JCW6 said:

18 minutes ago, Jud said:

Don't know, that was the result of a minute's web search - will leave further exploration of Soundiiz capabilities to you. 🙂

Happened to glance at the Soundiiz website and saw this:

Not only playlists!
But also favorites items and artists you have saved in your collection

* If supported by the selected music platform (See the moving options)
Playlists
Albums
Artists
Tracks

So you'd want to have a look at the moving options for Qobuz and see whether albums in your favorites are included.

17 hours ago, Jud said:

Do you have an iPhone? When you install an app, there's a dialog from Apple that should come up, giving you the option of preventing tracking of activity on third party sites.

True, Jud, and I can also dis-allow the app from using location information; but the Apple App Store also lists the following:

Data Linked to You -- Contact Info, Usage Data, etc.

Data Not Linked to You -- User Content, etc.

Aren't these things cause for concern?  For example, I wouldn't want Qobuz (or anybody else) mining my contacts for advertising, association, advertising, or any other purpose!  Am I the only one who worries about this stuff? -- JCW6

3 hours ago, JCW6 said:

True, Jud, and I can also dis-allow the app from using location information; but the Apple App Store also lists the following:

Aren't these things cause for concern?  For example, I wouldn't want Qobuz (or anybody else) mining my contacts for advertising, association, advertising, or any other purpose!  Am I the only one who worries about this stuff? -- JCW6

Same needs to be said about the  new Qobuz Club aka the Qobuz Community Forums as while signing up it also states stuff like that. Question authority people!

3 hours ago, JCW6 said:

They need contact info of course to see what you can play with the app. Don’t know if usage info is for purposes of bug reporting, last played tracks, Qobuz’ most popular rankings, or advertising to you (I don’t recall Qobuz advertising to me, nor do I permit tracking of third party sites).

Perhaps I'm late to the party and just never noticed this, but it's pretty strage to me. When I mouse-over the heart icon the tool tip says Subscribe. I thought this used to say favorite or something similar. I can think of several words to describe a heart icon and what its functionality could be, but subscribe isn't in the top ten. 

Has this always said subscribe?

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 9.07.34 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps I'm late to the party and just never noticed this, but it's pretty strage to me. When I mouse-over the heart icon the tool tip says Subscribe. I thought this used to say favorite or something similar. I can think of several words to describe a heart icon and what its functionality could be, but subscribe isn't in the top ten. 

Has this always said subscribe?

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 9.07.34 AM.png

Sorry for previous version; I see the same (for the whole album in Web Player on PC) but never noticed it either.  (I also hadn't noticed that the hollow black hearts on the individual tracks turn red, but remain hollow, when you mouse over them.  I assume these just save the track to your Favorite tracks, but I've never used it...) -- JCW6

So Credit Card has been declined 3 times. Bank says it was a mastercard error. Qobuz site won't let me try again after the third time. Bank said this is normal? Can I get some help with this?

contact info can be sent in private message.

On 5/3/2023 at 7:01 PM, JCW6 said:

111MilesToGo -- Thanks to Jud for nudging me again, I found that Soundiiz does indeed allow you to "Export" your collection of albums (all I tried) from Qobuz to, say, a .CSV file on your computer (if you subscribe to "Premium" for $4.50 month-to-month).  As you suspected, this does indeed allow you to re-organize it to your liking, say, in Excel.

It remains to be seen if importing it back into Qobuz works and if the re-organization actually survives the import.  I'll report when/if I get around to it... -- JCW6

Unfortunately, I fear this is the definitive answer, quoted from Soundiiz Help:

"While Soundiiz can add elements like Tracks, Albums, and Artists to your music collection, we cannot keep the order of the source. That means we cannot set the "added date" when adding elements with APIs to the destination platform.

"As Soundiiz can only add elements to favorites lists with APIs, this limit is for every platform listed on Soundiiz. Keeping the track order in a list is only possible for tracks in a playlist.

"Elements in favorites lists will be bulk added, and then, it's hoped the destination music service will order it (and they are all doing this differently)."

I'm not sure I understand the implications of using APIs.  Anybody see a way around this?  What about tampering with the "addedDate" column (currently empty as exported, but the Qobuz default sort order) to put them in a new order? -- JCW6