IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, Rexp said:

This may have been asked before but does Qobuz regard mp3 320 as CD Quality? I recently bought a CD album that turned out to be mp3 320.

Hi CD quality and MP3 for Qobuz are two different quality. Can you share me the album with the issue ?

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

I have been having some streaming issues lately and to be honest, I am not sure where to start even troubleshooting. Recently while using HQP to stream from Qobuz I have had intermittent interrupts and random stoppages. Sometimes a restart of the machine running HQPlayer will fix it, but not for long as it has always come back. That machine is running Ubuntu linux 20.04 HWE Low Latency kernel and is fully up to date. There is nothing else on the machine. This only happens when streaming from Qobuz, not local files.  I am unsure if it is my internet connection randomly cutting out, or if its a problem with Qobuz streaming in HQP, or something else I haven't considered.

No electron left behind.

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Ok, it happened again twice tonight. Here is why I think it's Qobuz. I have been using HQP to stream Minnesota Public Radio for three days now with no interruptions.

Have experienced same with HQP and Qobuz, but not Audirvana Studio and Qobuz. So may be something in the interaction between the two or may be random.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 hours ago, Jud said:

Have experienced same with HQP and Qobuz, but not Audirvana Studio and Qobuz. So may be something in the interaction between the two or may be random.

It could be a quirk of the interaction I will let Jussi know also.

No electron left behind.

https://open.qobuz.com/album/0002894795352

Can the meta data be fixed on this one?

mahler.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Hi

Maybe go to this link : https://open.qobuz.com/album/0002894353782

Regards

Can't get the link to work. But in any case, Roon plays the album and loads the incorrect metadata from your database. Why can't it be fixed?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

What a delight to find Qobuz staff participating in a community forum. What an even bigger delight to find a place where I can share my short laundry list of Qobuz issues:

• Favourites I add from the desktop app don't appear automatically in the Android app. The only way I have found to make them appear is to manually clear the app's cache in Android settings. The Android app should automatically refresh its locally cached favourites from the Qobuz service. A swipe down action to force a refresh might also be nice.
  • When playing through Android Auto, if streaming times out due to network connectivity problems playback cannot be recovered from the Android Auto interface. The entire Android Auto music player UI is replaced with a 'Something went wrong' error message, and playback cannot be resumed because the play button is no longer present. This means I can't resume playback where it stopped without picking up my phone, unlocking it, and using the Qobuz app, obviously something not to be done while driving. Other streaming apps don't have this problem - their failure modes don't cause the entire Android Auto music player UI to vanish.
  • The Weekly Q playlist is not available on Sonos. 

And a question: what's the best way to report catalogue metadata errors (in my present case, multiple artists with the same name that should be split out into separate artist profiles)?

16 hours ago, Aeyrxe said:

What a delight to find Qobuz staff participating in a community forum. What an even bigger delight to find a place where I can share my short laundry list of Qobuz issues:

• Favourites I add from the desktop app don't appear automatically in the Android app. The only way I have found to make them appear is to manually clear the app's cache in Android settings. The Android app should automatically refresh its locally cached favourites from the Qobuz service. A swipe down action to force a refresh might also be nice.
  • When playing through Android Auto, if streaming times out due to network connectivity problems playback cannot be recovered from the Android Auto interface. The entire Android Auto music player UI is replaced with a 'Something went wrong' error message, and playback cannot be resumed because the play button is no longer present. This means I can't resume playback where it stopped without picking up my phone, unlocking it, and using the Qobuz app, obviously something not to be done while driving. Other streaming apps don't have this problem - their failure modes don't cause the entire Android Auto music player UI to vanish.
  • The Weekly Q playlist is not available on Sonos. 

And a question: what's the best way to report catalogue metadata errors (in my present case, multiple artists with the same name that should be split out into separate artist profiles)?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Favourites: We are working on a new place to display the user library, and the synch between all app will be apply here.

Android Auto: Issue already plan hope to upgrade it asap.

Weekly Q: for every partner this take time to add this feature but this is in progress for some of them. Not for sonos for the moment but I will try to boost this.

Regards

On 6/17/2022 at 11:09 AM, firedog said:

Can't get the link to work. But in any case, Roon plays the album and loads the incorrect metadata from your database. Why can't it be fixed?

Si votre approche présente des lacunes, adaptez-la.  Nous n'avons pas une vie parfaite ni la capacité d'éviter les petits défauts.  Le son d'Amazon est parfait, pas de?  :)

On 6/17/2022 at 11:44 AM, austinpop said:

There appear to be 2 problems right now.

Exactly. 

1.  Taking up time of a valuable upper level employee to conduct low level database charges you assume fall within their direct ability.  Despite it being pointed out numerous times the exact sequence changes must come through.

2.  Stating their business to them in manners that don't preclude outright entitlement of responsible parties, works and pieces within, as well as their arrangement inside of a legally contracted for streaming and/or download album provided directly by those tasked with management of such.

2 minutes ago, rando said:

Si votre approche présente des lacunes, adaptez-la.  Nous n'avons pas une vie parfaite ni la capacité d'éviter les petits défauts.  Le son d'Amazon est parfait, pas de?  :)

Exactly. 

1.  Taking up time of a valuable upper level employee to conduct low level database charges you assume fall within their direct ability.  Despite it being pointed out numerous times the exact sequence changes must come through.

2.  Stating their business to them in manners that don't preclude outright entitlement of responsible parties, works and pieces within, as well as their arrangement inside of a legally contracted for streaming and/or download album provided directly by those tasked with management of such.

Huh?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 6/17/2022 at 6:44 PM, austinpop said:

David,

There appear to be 2 problems right now.

Problem 1:

Problem 2:

• I could not find these albums using a search phrase like "Mahler 9 Bernstein" and was wondering why, until I noticed all three albums have a missing "space" in the title:
    • Mahler: Symphony No.9 (Live). Notice no space between No. and 9.
  • Please correct the title to:
    • Mahler: Symphony No. 9 (Live)

Hi,

Here come news about this feedback from our supply chain

There is not a real issue, this is two different product.

The last one (https://open.qobuz.com/album/0002894795352) is a HiRes version with a grouping of tracks into works. This version will have an update of the meta data soon.

Regards

27 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Here come news about this feedback from our supply chain

There is not a real issue, this is two different product.

The last one (https://open.qobuz.com/album/0002894795352) is a HiRes version with a grouping of tracks into works. This version will have an update of the meta data soon.

Regards

Thanks David, appreciate the update on this. It is good to hear that the meta data will be fixed soon.

If you would be so kind, please also let them know that there is a CD Redbook version of the album with the same metadata issue (all tracks named "Satz"). The link is: https://open.qobuz.com/album/0002894778620

Hopefully both will be fixed with the metadata update.

10 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Favourites: We are working on a new place to display the user library, and the synch between all app will be apply here.

Android Auto: Issue already plan hope to upgrade it asap.

Weekly Q: for every partner this take time to add this feature but this is in progress for some of them. Not for sonos for the moment but I will try to boost this.

Regards

Thanking you, David. Is there a better route to get a catalogue/metadata issue fixed than posting it here?

3 hours ago, firedog said:

I  didn't assume anything. David presents himself as the interface for the company. His decision. So requests go to him. Qobuz is notorious for horrible customer service and not responding to requests if you contact them by mail or the website. This is the only place we can actually get a useful response from them. 

If a request is below his pay grade, and he's a manager, it's his job to pass it on to a lower level employee. 

I have no idea what your point number two is. Are you a lawyer? You write like one instead of writing in actual language. 

There is a form in place to report this type of error which you and numerous others repeatedly ignore in favor of claiming personal face time with a live representative.  To throw toys from the pram until you get your way by fussing about ???  Clearly sites such as this and reddit have seen to the removal of those I refer actively monitoring this thread.  For that piece of awareness I duly offer thanks.

In simpler English.  You have produced a selfsame recitation of issues related to metadata and/or files listed as the issuing body has decided to make them available for streaming/sale.  This is cold hard fact.  

Every single time the answer is... Qobuz sends an email requesting issuing party to consider issue being reported to them through customer service channels.  Qobuz cannot alter names signed, they cannot tamper with goods they are sent to resell/stream.    This is cold hard fact.  Contracts are legal documents.  If that scares you into accusations, heave away my good man.

29 minutes ago, Aeyrxe said:

Thanking you, David. Is there a better route to get a catalogue/metadata issue fixed than posting it here?

Why yes, yes there is.  At this point I can only note how fully you have hit the nail square on the head!!!!  :):):D

Here is a link to the form Qobuz have set up for reporting of metadata issues being encountered.  Simply sign in and translate from the native French if required.  They are based in France and this is how they chose to set up a collection point.  You are free make a request to Qobuz team in your country asking them to set up a form in another language more applicable to your usage.  :)

Here is a link to the form Qobuz have set up for requesting artists/albums (etc.) you would like to see present on your country's site.  :)

Please let me know if anything above is beyond your full and immediate understanding.  I am merely one of the US based subscribers who attempt to provide help where possible.  By no means was my reply meant to replace the reply by employee actively monitoring David's or from any other official Qobuz account on this site.  :):):D