IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Same problem I'm afraid, is there anything I need to enable in settings? I'm not using a DAC.

There's also the possibility that a free Qobuz account is being used. Last time I tested this, your own purchases are limited by Qobuz's online server to being streamed at lossless 16bit/44.1kHz on a free (or lapsed subscription) Qobuz account. 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Typically I do not use Qobuz player for Windows due to an ongoing bug issue, but I occasionally do open the program to test it out. Today I find that it is unable to update, and I get the following popup:

Untitled.thumb.png.1e6edc9c8e1d8e0adfdf56b03678851e.png

How can I correct this so that Qobuz has permission to download and apply updates? Thanks in advance for your response.

EDIT: I noticed I had deleted the empty download folder in my Music directory, so I recreated it. Now I do not get the popup when launching the program. I now conclude that the popup only pertains to pending downloads of files I purchased. I cleared the queue of those files I already downloaded many moons ago and maybe this solves the issue. I just want to be sure Qobuz updates automatically when I launch it.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

15 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

Typically I do not use Qobuz player for Windows due to an ongoing bug issue, but I occasionally do open the program to test it out. Today I find that it is unable to update, and I get the following popup:

Untitled.thumb.png.1e6edc9c8e1d8e0adfdf56b03678851e.png

How can I correct this so that Qobuz has permission to download and apply updates? Thanks in advance for your response.

EDIT: I noticed I had deleted the empty download folder in my Music directory, so I recreated it. Now I do not get the popup when launching the program. I now conclude that the popup only pertains to pending downloads of files I purchased. I cleared the queue of those files I already downloaded many moons ago and maybe this solves the issue. I just want to be sure Qobuz updates automatically when I launch it.

You can do that on the app settings page

image.png.2161e90a65b0c5316854706cca3dc501.png

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

1 hour ago, rodrigaj said:

Can anyone tell me what this "RG: xxxdb" means? It changes with each track. Appears when I stream Qobuz in Audirvana Studio.

It is the ReplayGain value stored in the track metadata, which music players can use to normalize volume during playback: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain. Audirvana isn't listed in the article, but it does support ReplayGain (see this).

8 hours ago, RichardSF said:

It is the ReplayGain value stored in the track metadata, which music players can use to normalize volume during playback: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain. Audirvana isn't listed in the article, but it does support ReplayGain (see this).

I don't normalize volume in Audirvana Studio (Audirvana calls it "Volume Leveling").

So this is telling me that if I did normalize volume, it would add or substract so many dB's?

I just want to make sure that it isn't actually doing anything as long as I don't normalize the volume in Audirvana settings.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

13 hours ago, RichardSF said:

Both Qobuz & TIDAL actually provide their tracks' replay gain data (track gain only) indirectly via their respective APIs, rather than embedded in their tracks' metadata:

Of course, this doesn't detract from your main point about Audirvana supporting & displaying the ReplayGain value for the track in the manner identified.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

4 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

I don't normalize volume in Audirvana Studio (Audirvana calls it "Volume Leveling").

So this is telling me that if I did normalize volume, it would add or substract so many dB's?

I just want to make sure that it isn't actually doing anything as long as I don't normalize the volume in Audirvana settings.

Good point. I don't use Audirvana, so can only suggest that you double check that a Qobuz specific "apply volume levelling" setting isn't also present in its Qobuz settings.

-- Jo Cox

On 2/26/2022 at 11:27 PM, rodrigaj said:

Can anyone tell me what this "RG: xxxdb" means? It changes with each track. Appears when I stream Qobuz in Audirvana Studio.

RG.thumb.JPG.86566928633f7128fde5458ce278849a.JPG

For those interested, this thread has been presented in the Audirvana forums:

https://community.audirvana.com/t/replay-gain-shown-with-qobuz/32190

It seems this is a bug in Audirvana Remote. The RG: xxxdB should not be shown if "Volume Leveling" has been turned off.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

Latest update broke Android Auto functionality for me. Now when trying to play offline album, or anything else on my library, Qobuz first tries to play 30 seconds sample, and fails with message "Something went wrong".

The only way to get Android Auto to play is by unlocking the phone, and use the app interface on the phone screen to play a track - which defeats the purpose of Android Auto.

I do like Android auto interface - it lets me navigate thru everything in my library relatively easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Am new here and referred to this thread by @111MilesToGo on the Head-Fi thread "The Incredible Cayin N8ii DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube".  Just today there was an exchange between @Andykong (Cayin consultant) and myself expressing our regrets that Qobuz is yet to be in Asia.  While we do have Apple Music, Spotify and Tidal already available in most of Asia, there is a growing number of people (anecdotally from Head-Fi) that are looking forward to Qobuz to come. @Andykong is based in China and I'm a Singaporean based in Vietnam and in all three jurisdictions there is a large number of audiophiles who are really keen for Qobuz to arrive! While I understand these things take time, I have been waiting for over two years now and am really keen to have Qobuz available in Asia. Any news and when we could expect the arrival of Qobuz in Asia?

13 minutes ago, Xendor- said:

Love the new android update! Looks neat :)

Any chance of getting a feature were the apps downloads songs automatically after you've added them to a playlist?

Is it the one with the new artist page? 

Nothing for us Apple fanboys yet :) 

18 hours ago, Xendor- said:

Love the new android update! Looks neat :)

Any chance of getting a feature were the apps downloads songs automatically after you've added them to a playlist?

The new listing of albums with correct year, and the year in the listing, that is sooo needed. Excellent!

I'm hoping the Android Auto bug is solved now, so that it actually works now...

Per.